Do I have poor genetics for MMA?

antz

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm 21 and have always wanted to try MMA. So I've heard reach is important and my reach as far as I'm concerned is really small. I live in Sweden and is your average joe here. I am about 184cm tall and my reach is like 184cm too (hard to measure by yourself), is it too small to have any chance against taller opponents?

I am currently ripped at about 78kg, but my natural weight is like 83kg if I'm not strict with food. I think I have a decent frame, wrist size is about 19 cm at this ripped state, and a little higher at 83kg, like 19.5cm. Maybe I am just finding doubts for no reason?

It matters but not something what makes impossible to fight. It's not that you have no hands there are tactics for fighting against taller opponents.

Does it stop you walking into an MMA gym and trying? You can reach the door handle can't you? Just get along and give it a shot.

Strong correlation between the place you're from and complete lack of belief in yourself.

Your using weird things like kg and cm so you're prolly a fairy. Better off just sticking to sherdog.

If you can cut to FW it would be a really decent size ala Max Holloway

OTOH, if you are not a 6'5 230 lbs with <5% bf you can't call yourself a sherdogger

Fight on, if it was all about reach, Struve would be champ..

If you're on sherdog creating threads you're already off to a bad start.

Genetics aren't everything when it comes to fighting.

Are you tough? Do you have heart? Can you throw a punch? Do you believe in yourself?

Good luck to you, bud.

I'm 21 and have always wanted to try MMA. So I've heard reach is important and my reach as far as I'm concerned is really small. I live in Sweden and is your average joe here. I am about 184cm tall and my reach is like 184cm too (hard to measure by yourself), is it too small to have any chance against taller opponents?

I am currently ripped at about 78kg, but my natural weight is like 83kg if I'm not strict with food. I think I have a decent frame, wrist size is about 19 cm at this ripped state, and a little higher at 83kg, like 19.5cm. Maybe I am just finding doubts for no reason?

I don't see anything wrong with anything I've read so far. Dude you're delusional as fuck. There's nothing wrong with you /at all/. Shut up and go train, Mr. Excuses.

Reach and height aren't the end of all things.

Go to an MMA gym and train for a bit, see if you like it or not.

Sounds like your asking are you big enough. Don’t worry about if you have enough muscle or size to walk into the door of a MMA gym. Join a gym and try your best. Someone who is skilled and weighs 140lbs will easily kick your ass. But guess what you can learn too!

mighty-mouse.jpg

judging by your avatar and post, you are way too obsessed with size. Are you really interested in fighting? Perhaps this is more your style: http://mrolympia.com

Reach means nothing if you know how to plan your attack on someone with a reach advantage. I have found most fighters that are successful in MMA have excellent cardio and a never quit attitude. Just look at GSP, Fedor during his prime, Cain, Nick and Nate Diaz and DJ. They all have amazing cardio which helped them win the war by attrition.

Rocky Marciano - Worlds heavyweight boxing champ 1952 to 1956 - undefeated - weight 85kg - height 179cm - reach 170cm .

One can always aspire to be an M-1 can or a jobber in Rizin on NYE. What do you have to lose?

What kind of martial arts do you do? Can you take shots? Do you have cardio? Do you excel at any particular discipline? Can you be coached?

Post pic leme see your pyshique

Back