Do Mikey Triangles and Aesopian still post anywhere?

I really liked a poster who was from one of the Nordic countries, can't quite recall which one. He was a judo BB and purple in BJJ who really liked to play closed guard. Quite a ladies' man, too, from what I remember. Wonder what happened to that guy?

Great posters and I've been here a while.

I really liked a poster who was from one of the Nordic countries, can't quite recall which one. He was a judo BB and purple in BJJ who really liked to play closed guard. Quite a ladies' man, too, from what I remember. Wonder what happened to that guy?

this place gets boring after a while... the same threads pop up over and over

"I just got Blue Belt YAY ME!"
"I beat up a homeless guy with my BJJ yay me"
"I hate the Gracies too YAY ME!"
"Berimbolo is the secret to good BJJ"
"I Love Pulling Guard!!"
"Gracie BJJ doesn't work!"

etc

Lechien trains like twice a month or some shit, is a good black belt, and makes fun of everyone who trains more than him. Knowledgeable but an odd fellow.

Honestly, in terms of grappling I don't see anyone with anything interesting to say. :-/

You can watch me occasionally post on Reddit and get downvoted into oblivion. :p

Then say something interesting!

Lechien trains like twice a month or some shit, is a good black belt, and makes fun of everyone who trains more than him. Knowledgeable but an odd fellow.

Lol.

I run my Bjj club and teach three times per week.
Also have a 8-5 job.
Ibjjf bb first degree certified.
Registered my club with the ibjjf as it own team.

I don't make fun of people training more than myself.

I am not interested to pay money to be affiliated to anyone or running seminars for some 5 times world champion.
I usually makes fun of people who do the above. Like force to buy patches etc.

Yeah I am an odd fellow because I started training when Bjj was not mainstream and people just trained for the sake of training. Now Bjj is full of hipsters and unscrupulous instructors that milk any cents from their hard earning customers.

The other day we were having a laugh at a Bjj instructor that announced on facebook that he will charging for a private class to one of his competitor to teach her judo throws. Lol.

Let put it this way. I am using my club income to buy a building anyway.

I am running out of space at my current location.

$20 per week. No contract and I have a waiting list. So I must be doing something right.

Last edited:
i remember lechien, he was always a pompous arrogant little prick that acted like a know it all

Yeah. I guess I forgot what it was to be blue belt or any other colored belts.

I have been wearing the black belt for 4 years now and I only wore the other belt like white, blue, purple and brown for like 2.5 years each.

Also have a 8-5 job.

That's way more standard than I remembered. My bad.

Facebook and instagram are the new f12. Back in the day, I would read and post here. I still like to see the excitement of new people who are just discovering jiu Jitsu. I met some great people around the planet because of connections made on this site. I'm very grateful.

Lol.

Also have a 8-5 job.

I don't make fun of people training more than myself.

I am not interested to pay money to be affiliated to anyone or running seminars for some 5 times world champion.
I usually makes fun of people who do the above. Like force to buy patches etc.

Yeah I am an odd fellow because I started training when Bjj was not mainstream and people just trained for the sake of training. Now Bjj is full of hipsters and unscrupulous instructors that milk any cents from their hard earning customers.

The other day we were having a laugh at a Bjj instructor that announced on facebook that he will charging for a private class to one of his competitor to teach her judo throws. Lol.

Let put it this way. I am using my club income to buy a building anyway.

I am running out of space at my current location.

$20 per week. No contract and I have a waiting list. So I must be doing something right.

Danthewolfman.com, is that you? Or has OsYosor or whoever hacked your account? #IBJJFINTERNATIONALDRUGANDHUMANTRAFFICINGCARTEL

The threads there are are still pretty good, but I feel like most of the "I'm a white belt trying to pass half guard, help!" have gone to Reddit. Which I'm okay with. The ability to post multiple videos here makes the technical threads that do exist really good. @jack36767 throws a lot of great, multi-part wrestling stuff out there for instance.

I mostly miss @Gambledub, though he recently made an appearance on Reddit so perhaps we'll get more of his badss in depth studies soon. I think they're at least as good as BJJ Scout's stuff, just not as slickly produced (but much more in depth).

I still lurk!

2Yqy0QM.gif

I miss @Shemhazai haven't seen him since the site updated which while seeming like only yesterday is a while ago now

I used to post here as, inter alia, 100%Jiu-Jitsu and Ronin Modern. I had some of the most fun of my entire life stirring up trouble on F12 (e.g., Exotic Heel Hooks, Double de la Riva), and I also learned a tremendous amount about jiu-jitsu. I'm grateful, in particular, for Zankou's insights about playing butterfly guard efficiently, as well as his broader thoughts about the sociology and pedagogy of BJJ.

I originally registered for these forums back in 2006, but after losing my primary account I spent the last several years away, focusing on other (more important) things in life. It makes me sad to realize that F12 is no longer as vibrant as I remember it. Even when I was gone, it brought me pleasure to imagine that all the usual characters were up to their normal shenanigans here.

It's hard to accept that the world has moved on from forums like these. Social media do not foster the odd sense of community that I enjoyed so much during the golden days of F12 and Bullshido.

I remember when Aesopian was a white belt and J-Lau was just another one of my semi-pseudonymous forum friends. The night he knocked out Jens Pulver, it felt like my brother, my dad, and I were practically the only people in the crowd cheering for him. I don't think Instagram or Reddit will ever deliver an experience like that.

Shoutouts to Drew Foster, Uchi Mata, Calibur, Cash Bill, SuperSomethingOrOtherRambo, Dirty Holt, Balto, DanTheWolfMan, Einarr, BJJ_Rage, pseudo genki, deadlizard, and many others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

$

Thanks for all the memories, guys.

I used to post here as, inter alia, 100%Jiu-Jitsu and Ronin Modern. I had some of the most fun of my entire life stirring up trouble on F12 (e.g., Exotic Heel Hooks, Double de la Riva), and I also learned a tremendous amount about jiu-jitsu. I'm grateful, in particular, for Zankou's insights about playing butterfly guard efficiently, as well as his broader thoughts about the sociology and pedagogy of BJJ.

Ronin? This guy?

Back