Do old fighters with cracked chins take better punches than the average person?

Like I said before the "diagnosis" findings are found in brains of people with no history of head trauma. So no that isn't conclusive and strictly related to CTE. It's also found in dementia/Alzheimer's and other healthy brains. People assume CTE is proven science - it isn't.
You don't know what encephalopathy is.

It's not mutually exclusive to other diseases.

It is diagnosed after death. You asking for active cases doesn't make any sense scientifically.
Like I said before the same "findings" are not exclusive to "CTE" diagnosis. It's also found in dementia/Alzheimer and other brains with no history of head trauma. So no that doesn't prove CTE, they just assume it may be CTE. But since the same findings are found in people with no history of head trauma it isn't conclusive.

You don't know what encephalopathy is.

It's not mutually exclusive to other diseases.
Like I said if you can prove it exists you can be rich and famous, because right now it's unproven. So if you think you have the answers you should work on proving it. You can try connecting the dots and associate everything to CTE, but until it can be proven it is what it is - unproven science.

Yes a simple google search can find that. Like I said if CTE is so easily provable, why isn't it proven yet? Why is there no actual active diagnosis of anyone with CTE? You can jump around the subject but like I said, find an actual active diagnosis and that will shut me up and prove me wrong and prove you right. If you can't do that........
Because they need to look at the actual brain. You can volunteer to have them look at your while you are still alive if you would like, I don't think anyone else wants to until they are dead.

I'm not sure if I can take a punch.

I've been Ko'd once but that was from a proper sucker punch behind my ear.

Depends what you mean by "take a punch"

1. Can a fighter with a cracked chin take a punch and NOT GET KO'd better than a normal person who has never taken damage? Probably not

2. Can a fighter with a cracked chin (if he doesn't get KO'd) react better, recover, keep his wits and not curl up into the fetal position and cry like a baby better than a normal person who has never taken a punch? Absolutely yes.
This is how I would phrase it too. I think Chuck or those other fighters I listed when they were shot would have been unconscious from those punches from Wilder. But they would accept it and go out on their shield, not just curl up as soon as punches started landing like Charlie did

Because they need to look at the actual brain. You can volunteer to have them look at your while you are still alive if you would like, I don't think anyone else wants to until they are dead.
Funny how it's only after you're dead they can diagnosis LOL. How convenient. Even though the diagnosis is also found in non combat sports and head trauma people. So hmmmmmm explain that correlation please.

fighters can take a punch better than regular people is non-sense. we all have the same basic parts but in various shapes and sizes. fighters just happen to be the ones that put their noggins to the test whereas people working a desk job don't.
also somewhat disappointing is one of the best HW power punchers in the game couldn't conclusively ko and mentally challenged internet sucker puncher.
I also think that.
That's why in MMA you can train your whole life, be elite and still can get flatlined by a can if he lands clean and as Fury said, you play with fire you get burned sometimes. It's hard to not get punched even once in a fight, but of course it happens. With that being said, the GOAT candidates usually gave granite chins or above average. And if not they are trully special. See GSP.
And then people say someone ain't shit because they got KOed. Sometimes it has little to do with how much skill you had, you can just get caught.
People expect MMA fighters to be superheroes that can't be knocked out just because they train. Their chins are cracked so they can often be knocked out easier than a regular Joe.
It's not like in BJJ for example that a black belt will almost never be caught by a white belt. Chances for something lucky when rolling with a much more skilled practitioner are slim to none.
This makes MMA so fun to watch since anything can happen on any given night and also why betting on MMA (not confuse with WMMA) can be such a nightmare.

Well most fighters keep their chins down and can roll with a punch. When the average bloke probably has his chin straight in the air that plays a big role in being ktfo

Funny how it's only after you're dead they can diagnosis LOL. How convenient. Even though the diagnosis is also found in non combat sports and head trauma people. So hmmmmmm explain that correlation please.
It is explained as caused by repeated head injuries. Sports, military, car accidents, shit luck. Thing is from what they have seen it is more common in professions who have had more head injuries. If you believe in TBI, how hard is it to believe than taking many blows over the years speeds up the deterioration of the brain? If you injure your knee and bunch and have a job that causes a lot of stress on it, would you be surprised if your corpses knee was more deteriorated than someone who hasn't?

I know that fighters in general can take a better punch than normal people but what about in the late stages of a fighter's career, where they are dealing with cte and have shot reflexes, for example Marvin Eastman, Chuck, or Jimi Manuwa late in their careers. Do you think regular reasonably athletic guys off the street can take a punch better than they can since they don't have cte? Would those guys at the end of their careers been able to eat these punches by Wilder like Charlie Zelenoff did?

From what I seen, the Brain has this mechanism of self preservation. This self preservation mechanism is wired to shut itself off sooner to prevent the same kind of damage that happened before. Once damage is inflicted on the brain it goes to self preservation mode and shuts off sooner. So no, it will not change once it has suffered a very hard KO.

Dude you need to get educated on the scientific method before spewing your bs.

Theory =/= hypothesis.
That's exactly what I just type numnuts lol. I understand it well, you are the one confused about unproven science in CTE.

I don't appreciate the negative stigma that is associated with CTE. You may enjoy it but for actual fighters/athletes it's a negative stigma and until it's proven I don't like it being thrown around to describe fighters/athletes in general. You have a couple bad apples and it makes everyone else look bad.

It is explained as caused by repeated head injuries. Sports, military, car accidents, shit luck. Thing is from what they have seen it is more common in professions who have had more head injuries. If you believe in TBI, how hard is it to believe than taking many blows over the years speeds up the deterioration of the brain? If you injure your knee and bunch and have a job that causes a lot of stress on it, would you be surprised if your corpses knee was more deteriorated than someone who hasn't?
Because TBI isn't CTE. There's a difference.

Back