Do really attractive people have it easier in life?

IDK but it seems that way. My sister in law is not the brightest bulb but she is a legit 9-10 and she climbed a corporate ladder pretty fast. My mom says she doesn't think it had to do with her looks but her social skills, she has really bubbly personality and makes people feel good. But then there are others I know who have great looks, average brains and did very well for themselves in life. While I know a few legit geniuses who failed. They are all either average looking or flat out ugly to look at.

I just feel like when you are highly attractive people go out of their way to be nice to you and do good things for you. Whereas if you're average or ugly then you have to earn everything. Its similar to how celebrities get free expensive stuff but poor people have to beg for bread. I guess it's just how life works

Who gives a shit. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go do something with your life. Be the person others wish they could be. Then people will make threads like this about you and you wont give a shit because you’ll be busy living your life.

Ex boyfriend of mine was not a looker at all really. He had gigantic long ears, was in shape enough but no Momoa. He was a really successful estate agent because he was hilarious, charming, and confident.

I was smitten with him regardless of him not being Brad Pitt. It isn't ALL about looks but I understand that it often helps.

Of course, the other way of looking at this is: those attractive people are used to people responding favorably and this gives them the confidence to open up and develop the "hilarious, charming, and confident" personality.

hmm now that you put it that way i am quite beautiful and things are easy for me but i just never thought about it that way before but i suppose there could be something there

Typically yes, attractive people encounter more positive reinforcement and will likely be more confident as a result.

Yeah, tell me the kind of success this guy has at picking up women

peppers.jpg

I mean yes, of course they do.

IDK, I'm not a model, but I think I'm getting an easy ride through life.

IDK but it seems that way. My sister in law is not the brightest bulb but she is a legit 9-10 and she climbed a corporate ladder pretty fast. My mom says she doesn't think it had to do with her looks but her social skills, she has really bubbly personality and makes people feel good. But then there are others I know who have great looks, average brains and did very well for themselves in life. While I know a few legit geniuses who failed. They are all either average looking or flat out ugly to look at.

I just feel like when you are highly attractive people go out of their way to be nice to you and do good things for you. Whereas if you're average or ugly then you have to earn everything. Its similar to how celebrities get free expensive stuff but poor people have to beg for bread. I guess it's just how life works

They have advantages in the same way a really strong person, or really smart person does.

They all have their gifts, but if they don't know how to use them it means nothing.

Charm > Looks

But having good looks gives you more confidence, which in turn makes you more charming.

Looks might open some doors but if you're a total fuckup, you'll ruin it eventually. I knew a guy who was hired as a manager at a bistro I worked at. They knew better than to ask me even though I maybe coulda raised hell for them not asking me, I didn't want it. But, this guy was so lazy and what's more, everyone called him, "immature". I was 39 at the time so I just told them, "anyone under 30 is immature to me" so I didn't judge that part. The laziness part was another matter. He didn't do anything, would come to work hungover and irritable, tried to act uppity and tell people that he "mainly did office work" and just was generally disliked. He quit because the higher ups started fucking with him more than he could handle. And, he was ok, nice but it was obvious he was hired because he looked the part and could talk a good game.

Yep.
But some short and/or ugly guys, aswell as women with ugly partners will undermine/deride you more than if you were average

Easier? Irrefutably.

Easy? Not necessarily.

It acts as a multiplier to your other skills.
If you learning something being good looking will gain you some extra training and a little leeway but isn't going to cover a complete lack of skills.

Back