Do UFC fighters actually make a profit from their little side businesses?

You definitely can't half-ass or "wing" a restaurant business. It's a brutal space to work in.

I would avoid that like the plague if I had Anderson Silva money.

Is that actually making a ton of money tho? Hmm. I think the success of that is a bit smoke and mirrors if I'm being honest.

Based on what, exactly? Do you have proof or just a special feeling based on feminine intuition?

The numbers don't lie, bro
https://www.businessinsider.com/con...hiskey-plans-to-overtake-jameson-sales-2019-4
https://www.irishcentral.com/culture/food-drink/conor-mcgregor-whiskey-sales-us-jameson
https://www.rt.com/sport/457712-conor-mcgregor-whiskey-sales/

They are probably getting paid just to have their name associated with the product. They are taking zero financial risks most likely.

Henry is selling Henry’s...
D5H6FDVW4AEhqPn.jpg

I hope they do, but look at what happened to Bigg Rigg's Steakhouse. You got Condit's coffee gig, GSP's quacky Hydroevolution stuff, Rumble's Marijuana business or whatever.

Some of these things seem like massive money sinks. What do you think?

is this a jab at TJ's new business (his Jamba Juice ripoff)?

TJ should have played it safe and opted for a Pinkberry franchise (IMHO)

Faber has a couple side businesses, but according to TJ they are failing and that’s why he’s fighting again in July. I’m sure he makes some cash off running the TAM gym though.

Faber has a couple side businesses, but according to TJ they are failing and that’s why he’s fighting again in July. I’m sure he makes some cash off running the TAM gym though.
I don't think TJ is a reliable source :p

Well, Faber said that you could make more cutting grass than what TJ was getting paid by MusclePharm to leave the gym. He might just be bitter.

You definitely can't half-ass or "wing" a restaurant business. It's a brutal space to work in.

I would avoid that like the plague if I had Anderson Silva money.
In general if someone is rich from being an entertainer investing in any business is not a good idea. Not to say there aren't exceptions like Jessica Alba, Jordan or George Clooney but so many multimillionaire athletes, actors and singers who should have been set for life go broke due to bad investments.

I'd be shocked if Mendes made any money from that Fins and Fathers business. Who is going to pay a fortune to go fishing or hunting with Chad Mendes or someone else at TAM?

Maybe Paige's stalker paid to go hunting with her.

th
image-woo03.png

Let's not forget this masterpiece of a business.

Depends on the business.

These drink and restaurant type ventures really look like someone saw a semii famous person with a little capital and no clue coming a mile away though.

In general if someone is rich from being an entertainer investing in any business is not a good idea. Not to say there aren't exceptions like Jessica Alba, Jordan or George Clooney but so many multimillionaire athletes, actors and singers who should have been set for life go broke due to bad investments.
All but a few MMA fighters don't really have a choice tho, since they don't have enough left over after they retire to live comfortably for the rest of their lives. They either make good investments like Mousasi, work a side job like Stipe, or keep going into old age like Ken.

Some people are business men, some aren't. George Foreman made millions on millions from a simple grill endorsement. If you can get a good endorsement deal with a company that is up to snuff they can absolutely make money. I have much less confidence when they venture out and start their own business.

In the long term most journeyman fighters gain more from the exposure they get from being in the UFC than the money they actually get paid to fight...

They use that UFC exposure to promote their others businesses/brands and earn a living...

Some people make it seem like having fought a few fights in the UFC sets a guy up with money 4 life...this is far from the truth for 95% of the fighters out there...

Back