Do you believe Jon Jones is trying to duck the Ngannou fight or does he just want more money?

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So Jon Jones says 10million won’t be enough. He wants Conor McGregor numbers.

Do you think this is just a ploy by him to price himself out of the fight or do you genuinely think he just wants to get paid? Cause I don’t see dana accepting his demands, Dana is someone who likes to be the one in control.

Everyone has a price. If Jon is offered enough money, he'll take the fight. I also think that he's narcissistic enough that eventually he'll take the fight anyways even if he doesn't get his price, as he doesn't want to be out of the limelight for too long and it will kill him inside watching the UFC move on without him.

Ehhh

70/30 for money

I mean who the F would want to fight francis?

also he knows how many people hate him and want to watch his demise, so he knows he has a lot at risk in terms of “credibility” if that’s the right word to the casuals. Dude is legit and top 3 ever, but people want to watch him fall.

pay him and let’s see the fight dana!

It depends on exactly how much they're offering him vs exactly how much he's demanding.

I don’t think he’s ducking at all. He just knows this fight could lower his stock significantly & he wants that big payday right now. Smart of him, but I think he’ll eventually take the offer & I'm sure that’s what the UFC is banking on.

IMO Jones dominates Francis & forever changes how people view heavyweights. LHW > HW

First off, the world would be a better place if Jon was never born.

But, one doesn't become a professional fighter because they fear getting beat up. This, this is about money.

I think he wants more money but he's going about it the wrong way. He should keep negotiations behind closed doors.

He does what anybody else would do in this situation, (you and me too): wants to earn a lot of money. Is this problem? I do not think so. When AJ and Fury earn 100M, Jones and Ngannou deserve at least 10M. The truth to be told the UFC fighters make ridiculous money.

Its all money. If Im paid well enough ill go there and fight Ngannou as well.
The fact that the opponent is a beast at its top just makes it more money tho, the risk of blurring his resume is definitely there.
However...... If Jones subs him, or hellbow him somehow... Damn, how much his fights would be worth from that point on?
Thats why i think this fight will happen and Jones is just trying to get paid as much as he can/deserve.

Money. If you think Jon Jones is afraid of anyone, you're dumb.

He's not afraid of Ngannou hurting him; he's afraid of Ngannou ruining his legacy.

Jon has been fixated on the GOAT discussion every time it gets brought up by whoever, and understands just as well as anyone else that if he loses to Ngannou, any speculation about him being the GOAT is gone. He has way more against him in the argument than any other fighter in the discussion - steroids, bad behavior, weaker resume than GSP, doesn't have the unbeaten streaks of Fedor or Khabib. Not just that, but he's been publicly talking about moving up to HW (he's a natural HW in the first place) since 2012 and has not done it yet.

It's not one thing here that makes this a pivotal fight for him; it's the combination of several unique factors.

Jones hater here.

He wants the pay day.

To say Jon Jones is ducking anyone is ridiculous.

Again this is coming from a hater. I'm shocked the amount of people saying Jon is "scared" or "ducking"

The history of the UFC pay and what they say and do not say, or do and do not do, has been going on since the start with Dana White in office. Dana represents his company, and not the fighters. Most people can not read between the lines and figure what is going on in the back ground. It is nothing new under the sun, but the same old adage of money talks and greed follows. Fighters make deals with the devil, and the devil is in the details of the contracts.

Last edited:
Both. Picto will only take the fight and accept a reasonable possibility of losing if he gets paid a ridiculous amount (relative to standard bullshit UFC pay).

I dont think hes ducking,, He knows a loss would be devastating for him. His aura would be out the window, he knows this, he knows there is little time or opportunities left for him to make up the money he lost due suspensions, losing sponsors, can't fault him.
However, if this does not end up happening, it will a big impact on his legacy in a negative way, instead of the GOAT talk, it will be more "he ducked Ngannou though" talk.

Add a poll.

I'm on the fence.

Back