Social Do you believe that the Military Industrial Complex exists?

I did nothing.

I call bullshit

cat-cat-reading.gif

This is a bipartisan issue I think since people from both sides of the party have talked about it. 2 former presidents have mentioned it. One president warned the country about them.

Two questions.

Do you think they exist and are manipulating the country behind the scenes to be at war forever for their own profit?

and more importantly, how do you think they can be stopped?

You can see Russia doing this right now in Africa, so it would be naive to think the West wouldn't be playing the same game.

However there's no way they could manipulate a world power towards war. Those countries rely on their own military industrial complex that guides them similarly.

It would be naive as fuck to think the USA or any nation besides Russia created the Ukraine war, but I bet people think they did.

This alone would make these complexes harder to stop worldwide. They work together towards the same goals, but usually by taking advantage of the countries we intentionally keep in the third world.

Yes, of course. But they are just a weapon to wield, it is the intelligence community that does the manipulation and uses that weapon to their ends.

The intelligence community was plucked from military, and given no oversight.

Yes. Dwight warned us.

It's easy to lose sight of how America wasn't a military power before WW2. Then the military had to expand for the war effort and to contain Russia post WW2 and serve as an offshore balancer to the USSR. But I think reality is in this day and age, it really isn't remotely needed to have military spending greater than the next 10 nations in the world combined, but lobbying and special interests groups have such a firm wedge into the political arena....

It's easy to lose sight of how America wasn't a military power before WW2. Then the military had to expand for the war effort and to contain Russia post WW2 and serve as an offshore balancer to the USSR. But I think reality is in this day and age, it really isn't remotely needed to have military spending greater than the next 10 nations in the world combined, but lobbying and special interests groups have such a firm wedge into the political arena....

We have a doctrine that states that we have to have Military strength enough to be prepared to handle our nearest 2 peers simultaneously.

Wait, so you did make a mistake ?

Also I really don’t remember Bush ever running on an anti MIC platform. I also do t remember Obama ever talking about it

Yes 180 is half a circle meaning you went to the other side of the room, 360 is a full circle meaning you end up at your original position. Isa was correct.

He did. By 2008 that seemed like another universe but in 2000 Bush campaigned on being done with "nation building".

Last edited:
It's definitely true and some politicians have been caught talking about it(even using the term "military industrial complex").

Yes 180 is half a circle meaning you went to the other side of the room, 360 is a full circle meaning you end up at your original position. Isa was correct.

He did. By 2008 that seemed like another universe but in 2000 Bush campaigned on being done with "nation building".
Nation building and the MIC are related but they aren’t the same thing. He could still fuel the MIC without engaging in nation building. But I’m also confused as to why he would have campaigned on that platform. What Nation were we building in 2000?

This excerpt from Dwight’s chance for peace speech is great. Added to my op plus a link to the full speech

People like to live in an incubator and believe everything that goes wrong in the world is always America's fault.

Personally, I get tired of it

Of course the MIC complex and there is also a need for one. Every one has ever served has benefitted from the MIC to varying degrees.

I don't think they drive the world into wars for their own profit. They can profit just as easily by marketing their products as preventative, buy this jet so your jets are always better than their jets. Plus the non-military applications are pretty lucrative.

Go check out the Ukraine thread. There will be no stopping the MIC until all the people like the guys jerking off in that thread get their heads out of their asses.

This is a bipartisan issue I think since people from both sides of the party have talked about it. 2 former presidents have mentioned it. One president warned the country about them.

Two questions.

Do you think they exist and are manipulating the country behind the scenes to be at war forever for their own profit?

and more importantly, how do you think they can be stopped?
It's overrated TBH completely honest.... MIC is basically high-end, incredibly important manufacturing that provides critical jobs and takes in cash that's then spent on R&D. Don't let China catch you sleepin'

Love it or hate it, the arms industry is a vital part of the American economy that directly or indirectly employs millions of workers all over the world from manufacturing to research. Many high skill and well paid jobs.

US government military spending is basically a social welfare program at this point.

- Sadly i dont think theres any interest in stoping. Just like crime, is too profitable.

Back