Do you consider that a humiliating loss for Israel Adesanya?

Was that a humiliating loss for Izzy?

• Yes

Votes: 475 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 15.9%

• Total voters
Congrats to the new undisputed champ Sean Strickland

Do you guys consider that performance humiliating? Why or why not?
https%3A%2F%2Fvms-network-images-prod.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2F2023%2F09%2F535047%2Fpickerimage.jpg
600/1 underdog, or something insane like that.
Wish I had put a few quid on him..

Yes. Silva stays the greatest MW ever.
That said, Adesanya is a great champion, one of the greatest. Simply due to challenging himself, taking every fight, defending frequently.
But skill-wise, I think prime Silva would've found a way to beat Strickland, not to take away from his performance which was almost flawless.

Not sure about humiliating, but it did pretty much ruin any chance of MW goat talks. He went 1-1 with Pereira, then just lost soundly to a guy Pereira KO'd in 2 minutes. Decent chance he'll take some more losses now after guys gain some confidence seeing him lose 2 of his last 3.

In a way, there's a decent chance. In a way, there isn't.

The assassins that are in the Middleweight Division will have to increase their cardiovascular endurance and their understanding of constant pressure.

Strickland eliminated Adesanya because of many reasons. One of the main reasons is that Strickland makes grinding nightmares against his opponents and he has a considerable amount of volume.

Strickland is 1-0 against Adesanya.

If Strickland eliminated Adesanya or if Adesanya eliminated Strickland, Sean was always a tough veteran that won many MMA fights against a wide variety of opponents (that implemented a wide variety of techniques and styles).

Strickland is currently the UFC Middleweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Congratulations, Sean Strickland.

Still outclassed Izzy with ease in striking on which is what Izzy is supposed to be world class at for 5 rounds

Sean made Izzy look like an amateur on the feet

Doesn't get anymore humiliating than that for Izzy
being beaten by a world class athlete is not that humiliating but humilitation is a personnal take so be it. "outclass with ease" i still don't agree with you, i think he won a snoozefest where he wasn't favorite but ok !

Terrible lost. Strickland is average across the board. His best attribute is his cardio. Izzy either had real hard off day, or he's dropping off like many fighters do out of nowhere.

I think what's worse is that the dude who Alex destroyed just beat him which diminishes his amazing performance from his last fight

About the question, let's put It this way:
Anyone seen Dreyga since yesterday?
That tells you everything you need to know.

Most of you are a bunch of weirdos tbh.

The man had 11 title fight in the last four years. He had a great run.
Maybe he's done, maybe it's mental fatigue, maybe Sean is just a horrible matchup, maybe he had an off night ... shit happens, aint nothing embarrassing about that.

An embarrassing loss is Gane vs Jones, Forrest vs Silva, when it looks like you are not even a pro fighter.

Heck Costa's loss to Izzy was more embarrassing than that'

He talked WAY too much shit leading up to this one. WAAAAAY too much. He sounded EXACTLY the same as he did coming in to the Vettori and Connonier fights. Looked the same too.

Those two fights were shitty wins. As shitty as they were wins, this was humiliating as a loss

Meh, if he'd have coasted the ladt round of the first Pereira fight, he'd have been 13-0 in the division with 6 defenses, so he wouldn't have been that far off. Getting stopped in the last round of that might weakened his claim, and this loss pretty much wrecked it.

Anderson won like 10 straight title defenses I think maybe more and went up in weight and KOed a former title contender in a round and in general was much more dominant in his showings. Idk Adesanya had some good wins but I feel it was very far off and now he's aging so no chance.

Back