Do you consider Usman more Nigerian/Murican?

He'll always be Marty to me.

At this point, he's as Nigerian as Ace Ventura was African in When Nature Calls.

giphy.gif

Nigerianos blood and genes with american mindset. Whats so hard to understand.

Rich kid from nebraska. He tries to act like a poor american that grew up in the hood when he couldnt be further from it.

Damn all these people talking about Chicago's murder number. It's basically at an all time low. You guys would have lost your shit in the 80s and 90s when there was 1000 or 1200 murders a year.

And you're wrong. Chicago does not have a higher murder rate than Nigeria. Chicago isn't even in the top 10 in the USA for murder rate. Hell it's not even top for Illinois. Rockford and East St. Louis has higher murder rates (homicides per 1000 people).It just leads the country in number of murders but keep in mind it's the 3rd most populated area in America.

So basically you're wrong.

St. Louis, Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Memphis, Dayton (OH), Shreveport (LA), west palm beach (FLA), and DC have the top 10 highest murder rates.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/pictures/murder-map-deadliest-u-s-cities/
I just took Chicago as a random example.

But I am not wrong.
Chicago currently has homicide rate at almost 25 per 100.000

Nigeria almost 10 per 100.000

Born in Nigeria and raised there for his first years.
Name Kamaru is originally from Africa. Most popular in Ghana and Kenya.
Nickname identifies as Nigerian.
Wiki says Nigerian.
Always represents Nigeria...

Kamaru-Usman-UFC-235-696x392.jpg

kFGktkpTURBXy9mZGZmMjYxNGRjNGQwMTlkNjU2YWRhMTQ1NjZmN2EzYS5qcGeSlQMAFM0EMs0CXJMFzQSwzQJ2

Nigerian-UFC-fighter-Kamaru-Usman.jpg

10736874_kamaru3_jpegfa5c3247a66337ffff27d10975ccd6af

In my opinion Nigerian champ.
Disagree. He behaves as an American. He has an American accent with American manners and personality. He has Nigerian ancestry.

Genotype: Nigerian
Phenotype: Murican

He's Naija through and through.

He was born and partly raised in Nigeria. Came to America young with an accent. Not a real American in my book.

I'm African-American but my wife is from Nigeria. We have this debate if a person was born in America to two Nigerian born parents, would that make them African-America?!

To me a true African-American has roots in this country to the late 1600-1700's due to the Atlantic slave trade. Some of us even have native blood in us, so we go back further. Real Americans. We are America history. African American's have an unique admixture. Still proud to trace my roots to the Motherland, so don't get this post twisted.
That's a very fortunate thing that you can trace your roots back to Africa. I know most of us can't say that. I know damn well I can't. I don't even know my grandfather on my Mom's side.

Usman would be a Nigerian American, not an African American.
Just like I would be a Danish American, not a European American (if I moved to America)

EDIT: Well I guess he would be an African American too if you refer to people who immigrated from an African country, but not as in the normal sense of black people in US who go way back
Sorry mate. Obviously my wink got lost in translation. The whom is part of whom discussion is bs. Pretty sure that there are a lot of people Americans don't consider American but if they win them Olympic medals they embrace them and act like they own them. It is always the same garbage. Same in my country.

He was born and partly raised in Nigeria. Came to America young with an accent. Not a real American in my book.

I'm African-American but my wife is from Nigeria. We have this debate if a person was born in America to two Nigerian born parents, would that make them African-America?!

To me a true African-American has roots in this country to the late 1600-1700's due to the Atlantic slave trade. Some of us even have native blood in us, so we go back further. Real Americans. We are America history. African American's have an unique admixture. Still proud to trace my roots to the Motherland, so don't get this post twisted.

I'm curious can you actually trace one of your ancestors coming off the boat from africa? How you know that's your motherland? Of what tribe from Africa do you belong to?

No not some of us have native blood, MOST of us are American indians. Less than 400k so called africans made it to n. America (if you want to give those numbers validity).

To not get too off topic, Usman is Nigerian. He is whatever his daddy is.
An American is a copper colored aboriginal of this land.

I'm curious can you actually trace one of your ancestors coming off the boat from africa? How you know that's your motherland? Of what tribe from Africa do you belong to?

No not some of us have native blood, MOST of us are American indians. Less than 400k so called africans made it to n. America (if you want to give those numbers validity).

Dude wtf. Dont be one of those claiming another culture. Be proud of your ancestors surviving instead of claiming your native lmao.

He's 100% boring

Nah. He could fight like Izzy vs Romero for the rest of his career but that sweet, sweet beating he put on the real boring fighter in Colby Cheesedick will keep him exciting forever.

But only repesents Nigeria

If I was him or a person of color living in America right now, I'd represent Nigeria or any other country but America. America is too racist and too fucked up when it comes to minorities.

Edit: In the spirit of the thread topic, I for one consider the OP to be a very mentally challenged moron for making such a stupid topic.

I consider him Vietnamese more than anything.

Yes, that too was an option all along.

No you guys have white blood rarely ever have native blood

He's Murican while he's holding the belt. If/when he loses, he reverts to Nigerian

He is Nigerian just like the white people in South Africa are African. Its where you are born has noting to do with color imo.

i don't consider him a Nigerian from Nigeria. not the same way i consider Ngannou a Cameroonian anyway. Ngannou was born and raised in Cameroon, he lived his life until adulthood there. Ngannou understands the life of Cameroon, he understands the politics and the culture on another level of someone who would've left when they were 9 yrs old.

that is the type of experiences i expect from someone who says they're "Nigerian". i expect Usman to know the current political problems in Nigeria, i expect him to understand what the people want vs the government, i expect him to understand EVERYTHING it is to be a Nigerian. i doubt he does since he doesn't live there, left when he was a child, and never moved back.

The whatever your dad is thing is flawed. In that case then all Mexicans are white. People just need to go by their genetics

He is more nigerian at least than all those mexicain heritage dudes are mexicans. (Ortega,Tony,Cain,Diaz)

They all speak infant level spanish and have no ties to mexico.

Eating tacos at home and saying hola doesn't make you mexican

Ortega speaks good Spanish

Dude wtf. Dont be one of those claiming another culture. Be proud of your ancestors surviving instead of claiming your native lmao.

Native means you're born in a place. Anyone born on American soil is native.

I'm indigenous/aboriginal jackass, never claimed to be native.

Be proud of my ancestors? Bitch my grandma was the one who first told me we were Cherokee, fuck is you talking about?

Back