Do you ever feel silly doing martial arts when you are not a heavyweight?

Is this actually serious and if it is its spoken like a true p*ssy.

Firstly I had this big Albanian doorman that got brought into my boxing gym when I was training for my first fight and the guy that brought him there was literally telling everyone that he will be the king of the gym.

He wanted him to spar me because I was the best in the gym at the time, I weighed 188 lbs, this doorman guy weighed at least 230lb - 240lb maybe more.

Cut a long story short, the first time we sparred he unloaded then when I hit back he jumped out of the ring, 2nd time I sent him to hospital with a split eyebrow ......... yes and unlike what he told everyone I didn't elbow him I hit him with a right straight and felt my knuckle through 16oz gloves.

Top it off that any good Cruiser weight or MMA LHW can beat an average HW.

Yes a top tier HW is going to be likely king of the gym but that doesn't mean you don't bother ...... its also what weight classes are for.

I've seen plenty of HW's tooled up by top guys that are lighter in my time.
You should feel silly making threads when you're not a sherdog blackbelt

Bwahahaha

You ever feel silly shooting hoops with your friends when you're not 6'5''?

no but fighting is so intrinsically tied to dominance and being alpha, so it kinda sucks not being a big heavyweight because potentially they are the most dominant men physically

Is this actually serious and if it is its spoken like a true p*ssy.

Firstly I had this big Albanian doorman that got brought into my boxing gym when I was training for my first fight and the guy that brought him there was literally telling everyone that he will be the king of the gym.

He wanted him to spar me because I was the best in the gym at the time, I weighed 188 lbs, this doorman guy weighed at least 230lb - 240lb maybe more.

Cut a long story short, the first time we sparred he unloaded then when I hit back he jumped out of the ring, 2nd time I sent him to hospital with a split eyebrow ......... yes and unlike what he told everyone I didn't elbow him I hit him with a right straight and felt my knuckle through 16oz gloves.

Top it off that any good Cruiser weight or MMA LHW can beat an average HW.

Yes a top tier HW is going to be likely king of the gym but that doesn't mean you don't bother ...... its also what weight classes are for.

I've seen plenty of HW's tooled up by top guys that are lighter in my time.

If thats true awesome nice 1 !!!!!!

no but fighting is so intrinsically tied to dominance and being alpha, so it kinda sucks not being a big heavyweight because potentially they are the most dominant men physically

Fighting is intrinsically tied with fighting? No shit. In other news, playing basketball is also intrinsically tied with pro basketball too. Whodafukinthunkit huh?

Some people I swear.

No joke, I agree with TS. I've always considered fighting in lower weight classes to be cowardly.

And yes, I know it's the smart thing to do.

The thing you should feel silly for is trying to be "tough" and then sucking.

That's the actual problem with most (all) of the insecure people at the gym

I'm only 5'8" and 175 while being chubby. I haven't sparred anyone that weighs 250, but I've sparred dudes tall dudes that are a lean 220. Some of them completely new some of them with a couple years under their belt. So far I haven't had much difficulty with them. I have more trouble with smaller guys. They are faster and have bigger gas tanks.

With formats like Combat Sambo, MMA, Shooto, Pancrase, Daido Juku, it feels pointless to train in anything more specialized. Even Jason Delucia started this hybrid fighting system and tourney he has been promoting in Boston metro amongst TMA schools, the last I hear of him.

The best martial art is concealed carry.

the best martial art is no martial art, be like a stealth bomber my friend

Einstein > Tyson

Tyson drops bombs

But Einsteins mind basically created the nuclear bomb, the ultimate bomb

DONT YOU FEEL SILLY DOING WARFARE IF YOU ARE NOT A HIGH LEVEL GENIUS?

Back