Do you feel bad for Henry Cejudo?

No. Losing is part of this grueling sport and sitting around kill careers. He knows that damn well.

Feel bad? He lost a close fight. He’s fine. I felt bad for Anderson when he had a freak accident and broke his leg, because there was a reason to feel bad.

This is no different from any fight where one guy wins and the other loses.

Nope, he's a professional fighter. You win some, you lose some.

No. He didn't deserve the nod against DJ and was fortunate enough to have had the run he did as double champ

What sucks is how he stepped out of the sport. He definitely expected his retirement to go differently and negotiate a deal that didn't happen. Then again, lucky another time to walk back into this title shot

A little bit. He gets a lot of shit on here but he was a good champ. Probably helped delay Dana from axxing the 125 lb division entirely. Retires because he didn't think the money was good but got ZERO love from the """journalists""" or sherdog and instead gets clowned for it.

Nah. He done fairly well considering he's facing the #1 guy, is 36 years old and coming off a 3+ year layoff other, I reakon he should see what he can do in another organization if his contract isn't expired, he's got maybe 1-2 years left in him if he wants to compete and make some money, otherwise it's likely back to coaching wrestling. Henry isn't respected enough though, as both a person and as a fighter. Great fighter and from what I've seen a great guy.

So mods shouldn't have opinions, post often, or disagree with people? Hmmm. Noted. Maybe mods should be robots or anonymous.

Mods shouldn’t post their opinion like it’s the only right one, and then argue with anyone that disagrees.

I personally don’t care, but to newer posters, it makes them less inclined to engage in discussion when they have a holier than tho Mod prancing around like they own the place.

That’s why the best mods generally go unnoticed.

Nope, Cejudo from 3 years ago wins that fight comfortably. Sounds like he's done, so see ya Henry like the last 3 year hiatus you won't be missed in retirement.

I dont feel bad for Henry. He did not do much pressure on Aljo. Several time he got Aljo down and let him up again and reset. This is not the old Cejudo I know. The old Cejudo was more savage and an opportunist. In his old fights, he will fight tooth and nail with a broken or faulty foot, bloody face etc. Now he is less hungry.

I think Henry would have to destroy Sterling to win a decision. It’s obvious the UFC wants to set up Sean O’ Malley vs Aljo to appeal to Millenials and Gen Z, just look how Joe and DC where on Sterling’s nuts during commentary, they totally minimized Cejudo’s good work and over hyped Sterling’s offense.

A little. I was never a big fan but I kinda wanted to see him make a glorious comeback. He's grown on me lately.

But some of his decisions were weird in this fight. He let Aljo back up a couple of times when his best chance to win was actually to wrestle imo. The reach in the stand up was too much to overcome. He also failed to push the pace when Aljo slowed down in the last rounds. Should have gone for broke there, we know he can crack. Can't say he deserved to win.

No. Suits him well. Maybe he will stop being so cringe and stop disrespecting those that put in the hardwork too. I bet Volk enjoyed this too.

Ya, I know, you’ve posted the same way for years, no idea why they modded you.

Just stop typing. You seem old and bitter. Wtf..

He was robbed of a victory and is at a point where there is not much movement forward. If his objective was to make money from fighting, then he made a stupid decision 3 years ago.
He still has a great life it seems, enough money to live well, a wife and a kid. He is a great trainer so he should be able to continue to make money until he decides to retire.

I thought he won so yeah, a little bit.

No, I have more important things to feel bad about than worrying about a multimillionaire Olympic gold medal UFC champion looking great in a title fight after three years layoff.

Back