Do you have friends who are on the opposite side of the aisle?

Maybe the problem is people have forgotten how to conduct civil discourse

I'm for less Govt. control, less regulation, lower taxes on businesses, free market healthcare, a strong Military. What are Dems for?

Inclusion, equal opportunity for all, nobody should go broke because they got sick, affordable college for all, women's right to choose, separation of church and state, renewable energy, let science dictate policy, public option for healthcare, amnesty for certain people, get government out of people's bedrooms

I don't want to see govt run healthcare.

rip, I as an atheist don't really like you. Yet I would pay an extra thousand dollars a year if it meant you and your family could have healthcare.

You, ol golly christian rip would let my family die before coming out of your pocket.

Christians DO NOT have the moral high ground ever

I was raised with the notion that it was rude to bring up religion or politics in mixed company. I also think it's rude for the people that do it on Facebook I can see if they are an active participant in a campaign or movement, but even then a lot of people are still tacky about it.

Decorum aside, this is how uninformed opinions are allowed to persist.

Inclusion, equal opportunity for all, nobody should go broke because they got sick, affordable college for all, women's right to choose, separation of church and state, renewable energy, let science dictate policy, public option for healthcare, amnesty for certain people, get government out of people's bedrooms

Great. Me too. I agree with all of that. Those are not Democratic ideals. Those are humanistic ideals. Republicans are not the monsters the media makes them out to be. We want all those things too. We just differ on how it should be accomplished. I prefer a more balanced approach to what has been happening. It doesn't have to be black or white.

Great. Me too. I agree with all of that. Those are not Democratic ideals. Those are humanistic ideals. Republicans are not the monsters the media makes them out to be. We want all those things too. We just differ on how it should be accomplished.

Wrong. Republicans in congress at least do NOT want the separation of church and state, they DO suppress certain types of voters, they ARE anti-science in many situations, they DO NOT want public college to be affordable, they want to be in people's bedrooms (especially during sex).

Now many dems want the same crap as I listed which is why I'm an independent

Wrong. Republicans in congress at least do NOT want the separation of church and state, they DO suppress certain types of voters, they ARE anti-science in many situations, they DO NOT want public college to be affordable, they want to be in people's bedrooms (especially during sex).

Now many dems want the same crap as I listed which is why I'm an independent

Now you're back in full on retard mode. That's just simply not true. Sure there are "people" who believe that crap, but they don't represent me or the party. It's just rhetoric. This is why we can't have nice things. ;)

You have no idea what our household donates to.

Like I said rip... You hold no moral authority because you go to church on Sundays. I would pay so you could have healthcare. Would you do the same?

Now you're back in full on retard mode. That's just simply not true. This is why we can't have nice things. ;)

We were doing so well and you had to name call. You seem to be uninformed and I see why people in here are starting to not take you seriously. I appreciated the civil discourse while it lasted. Run along now

Great. Me too. I agree with all of that. Those are not Democratic ideals. Those are humanistic ideals. Republicans are not the monsters the media makes them out to be. We want all those things too. We just differ on how it should be accomplished. I prefer a more balanced approach to what has been happening. It doesn't have to be black or white.
Republicans in power have implemented and propose policies antithetical to those goals, though.

We were doing so well and you had to name call. You seem to be uninformed and I see why people in here are starting to not take you seriously. I appreciated the civil discourse while it lasted. Run along now

So now you speak for the "people in here"? I'm sure you'd love to drive out any conservative voices. It's kind of what your side does isn't it? There are plenty here who agree with me too.

Your side lost the election by quite a bit. You lost states that had not previously voted Republican. Lots of them... maybe it is you who needs to take some time and reflect now. You are obviously not doing something right or you would have won. Demcratic policies are flawed. Plain and simple. Voting republican doesn't make you a racist or any of the bad things that the left calls us. We want the same things Dems want. Just going about it in a more balanced way. A way that doesn't thrown the baby out with the bath water.

Last edited:
Republicans in power have implemented and propose policies antithetical to those goals, though.

He knows that. Which is why I can no longer take him seriously. How can you engage in a discussion if you can't even agree on the basics? For him to call me retarded for saying, republicans support voter suppression shows his dishonesty

So now you speak for the "people in here"? I'm sure you'd love to drive out any conservative voices. It's kind of what your side does isn't it? There are plenty here who agree with me too. Your side lost remember?

See lol... Off the rails he goes haha

You lost too. You just can't admit it yet

He knows that. Which is why I can no longer take him seriously. How can you engage in a discussion if you can't even agree on the basics? For him to call me retarded for saying, republicans support voter suppression shows his dishonesty
Oh come on. Really? You're going to try and discredit me. Lol. The Dems are just as guilty of Voter manipulation. It's been going on for decades. Republicans as a party do not support Voter suppression. There are bad people in both parties.

Oh come on. Really? You're going to try and discredit me. Lol. The Dems are just as guilty of Voter manipulation. It's been going on for decades. Republicans as a party do not support Voter suppression. There are bad people in both parties.

You had your chance... Run along now

I don't talk a lot of politics with my friends. Like, detailed politics. Simply because I am probably the only one in my group of friends, who is actually interested in politics on a non-superficial level. Though we all agree about the important stuff.

I only ever discuss politics with my uncle (who is just to the left of Hitler) and my cousin (who admires people like Lenin and Mao). So yeah, that's always interesting. My uncle (the husband of my mother's sister) is actually part of a german family line of wealthy landowners, who held high positions under Hitler (he has private photos of him and everything), and even though he is not a nazi, he can certainly put on the charm sometimes. We have had heated discussions about race, immigrants and of course the classic "how many jews REALLY died during the holocaust?".
But atm we mostly discuss climate change and global warming. He was a full on denier in the beginning, but he has started to turn around a bit after our many discussions (it's no secret that I know way more about that subject than he does), so now he only carefully suggest I read some article he just read that questions how big of an impact CO2 really has etc.

My cousin on the other hand is like a living caricature of what the right paints the far left as. He belongs to a communist party, and he believes that rich people and big capital owners should be brought to a guillotine. Which gets sort of awkward quick. Because I'm part of an organization that him and his ilk is supposed to hate more than anything else on earth, called DJØF, which translated is an acronym for Danish association of economists and lawyers. Who they believe have single handedly ruined Denmark, and represents all they hate.
Anyway.. Unlike my uncle, he is not so bright. He is also sort of autistic. So our discussions are actually always held in a high mood, with laughing and everything. It's highly bizarre.

Yeah... So none of that rational political disagreement for me. I only engage the loons. Just like on Sherdog.

Back