Media Do you hold Anderson Silva's positive PED test against him?

Do you hold Anderson Silva's positive PED test against him?

• Total voters
It was an obvious personal opinion which no one could have proof for.
You can't preface a statement with "fact is," then fall back on "it was an obvious personal opinion" when someone calls out your BS.

Reactions: HHJ
Hey you said fact,not me.

<BC1>

You have me to a point, but the actual FACT that it's obvious that I nor anyone else could possibly know the true amount should put the whole post I made as an opinionated post, not an actual scientific, factual one.

Nah. He was old AF coming off a traumatic injury. If he was in his prime it would be a different story. Then again he fought a lot of guys that were on stuff (Sonnen, Hendo, Vitor, Nate M.)

Interesting that majority believe that it's okay to take PEDs when recovering from an injury.

Not 'okay.' But as far as reasons to take steroids go, that's the least condemnable.

You, I, and 99.99% of the rest of humanity haven't gone through that about of pain without dying.

So, alittle empathy and attempt to understand his fear of never going to be without pain without pain killers, or being able to compete again and the leg break & screaming was how he was going to be remembered, is an understandable position.

Not 'okay.' But as far as reasons to take steroids go, that's the least condemnable.

You, I, and 99.99% of the rest of humanity haven't gone through that about of pain without dying.

So, alittle empathy and attempt to understand his fear of never going to be without pain without pain killers, or being able to compete again and the leg break & screaming was how he was going to be remembered, is an understandable position.
I think its just a convenient excuse tbh.

None of the above, they're all on drugs, except Fedor, of course .

You have me to a point, but the actual FACT that it's obvious that I nor anyone else could possibly know the true amount should put the whole post I made as an opinionated post, not an actual scientific, factual one.
We know Anderson roided,which is what this thread is about. So us not knowing who else might have roided is completley irrelevant.

This.

When did the UFC start using USADA anti-doping testing? 2015. When did Silva get popped? 2015. I guarantee he was using before that.
Its a pretty good guess.

I think its just a convenient excuse tbh.

Well, I made the thread & poll to gauge the common opinion amongst MMA fans on Sherdog, and to discuss it. Not necessarily to debate one way or the other of the 'correct' opinion.

Thank you for stating yours.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Reactions: HHJ
He tested positive, but anyone who thinks it was just to heal from an injury is an idiot. He was probably juicing for most of his career, but I actually don’t hold that against him, because other GOAT candidiates were not tested under USADA. Most likely all of the GOAT candidates were juicing with maybe the exception of GSP.

We know Anderson roided,which is what this thread is about. So us not knowing who else might have roided is completley irrelevant.

The fact is that has nothing to do with my original post in this thread. My statement was an opinion which influences the way I view things and me not knowing, but believing something affects how I view the topic. How you view things is completely up to you.

I don’t care and he’s top three or four unless you’re an idiot. Reasonable pick for GOAT. Probably the UFC GOAT. Him or Jones. GSP is right there too. Fedor of course belongs 1-4 too. Really you can have those guys in any order.

I think PEDs have been/will continue to be very prevalent in mma.

Not a fan of any of these cheats - the questions is how many never get popped??

Back