Do you know any Transgender people?

Lulz. Where on earth do you live? Apart from my mate on social media AFAIK the last time I saw a trans person was in Thailand this time last year.

I used to work as a bouncer in a gay bar. When there was a fight in the club, most of the times it was a tranny. I fought a few ones too. All the anger of a woman, but the force of a dude.

And now I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil. If I walk 10 minutes I probably see a bunch of them. Never understood why it's not the girly man that wanna transition to women but mostly he-man or Lebron looking dudes.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck what one does to their body, as long as it doesn't affect me. But I know they should have more support for them as they're like multiple times more likely to kill themselves from a mix of mental problems to roid problems.

I know a couple where the guy transitioned in the years I’ve known them. Goes by they/them now, lives as a women, their wedding was fun and they’re living a perfectly normal life at this point. It took a while to pick up on the rhythm of the “they” pronouns, but otherwise not much changed.

I don't understand why they bother to change if they don't want to be addressed with the pronoun for the sex they transitioned to.

I know couple of guys that banged a bunch of lady boys in thailand, but thats about it. Personally I don't give two shits what adults do, but currently any UNDERAGE girl can go to planned parenthood and be given testosterone cyponate injections because she wants to be a boy. No psych evaluation, no prior visits with medical professionals, nothing. Not surprisingly many of them aren't actually trans and are irreversibly fucking their bodies up.

None. I don't even know 'of' any, and I live in the biggest city in Wales.

The amount of attention trans people get in the media / social media, you'd be forgiven for thinking there were 10,000 of them in every city on the planet. They just like to make a noise, so their presence is over-estimated.

I know couple of guys that banged a bunch of lady boys in thailand, but thats about it. Personally I don't give two shits what adults do, but currently any UNDERAGE girl can go to planned parenthood and be given testosterone cyponate injections because she wants to be a boy. No psych evaluation, no prior visits with medical professionals, nothing. Not surprisingly many of them aren't actually trans and are irreversibly fucking their bodies up.

Do you have a link to the source of your claims? Because all the information that I've been able to find online says that you're mistaken. In order to be given testosterone ( or any other hormone treatments necessary for transitioning ), various sites state that one needs to be at least 18 years old. And that each individual who wants to undergo treatment for transitioning undergoes extensive screening. They're examined by a doctor physically, then they spend time with a psychological counselor to determine if the individual is actually suffering from gender-dysmorphia. Only then will the individual be given transitioning hormones.

Planned Parenthood does provide transitioning hormones to underage individuals with parental consent in special circumstances but additional criteria must be met. I believe said criteria vary from state to state though. So, perhaps it's different in Nevada. But I'd be shocked if it were quite as easy as you say it is.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/u...97-48cd-84b3-c9306a01e689/faqs_trans_care.pdf

Well, do you?

With all the noise and hubris that's comes out about them between JK Rowling, Sports and now Elliott Page I've wanted to see some Sherdoggers experiences with them.

For myself, only one. My best friend is close with one, since they first met eachother at her LGBT support group. But she was a friend of a friend, and I don't know her that well outside of that.
I don't know any. Can't recall even seeing one since I moved back to the Boston area in 2019. And I live in Cambridge, which is one of the most "liberal" cities in the US. It just goes to show that it's not really an issue in hardly anyone's daily life and if you vote based on this issue, it's pretty dumb. I can't recall seeing one since a Hispanic M-T-F who worked in the food court of a major mall I used to go to in South Florida. Before then, there was another Hispanic M-T-F who used to go a diner I would go to in Northern Virginia, and the employees would tease one of the Hispanic guys who worked there about "her" being his "girlfriend".

Do you have a link to the source of your claims? Because all the information that I've been able to find online says that you're mistaken. In order to be given testosterone ( or any other hormone treatments necessary for transitioning ), various sites state that one needs to be at least 18 years old. And that each individual who wants to undergo treatment for transitioning undergoes extensive screening. They're examined by a doctor physically, then they spend time with a psychological counselor to determine if the individual is actually suffering from gender-dysmorphia. Only then will the individual be given transitioning hormones.

Planned Parenthood does provide transitioning hormones to underage individuals with parental consent in special circumstances but additional criteria must be met. I believe said criteria vary from state to state though. So, perhaps it's different in Nevada. But I'd be shocked if it were quite as easy as you say it is.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/u...97-48cd-84b3-c9306a01e689/faqs_trans_care.pdf
Yeah. I don't think it's as easy as he says it is, especially without parental permission. From what I understand, typically a trans kid is given puberty blockers first early in the pubertal stage. Around 10 or 11.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...horia/in-depth/pubertal-blockers/art-20459075

The second stage would be hormone treatment several years later.

The third stage of sexual reassignment surgery doesn't happen before age 18. And only a small percentage elect to get it anyway.

I don't know any but did spot quiet few on street and I feel absolutely terrified when I see one.

One from work. They work in a different department/area, and honestly thought they were male, then there was a huge meeting (requested by this person) on the whole transition thing, bathroom usage etc. Honestly, the meeting was about 40 minutes of people asking bathroom questions.

i think its more important that you develop strong opinions and feelings about trans people than actually know any of them and observe the effects of their lifestyle, that ruins the illusion and whole dumb psyop

I knew a few when I live in SF like forever ago.
They were alot different then this new wave of trendsgender people. They were actually pretty chill and had a sense of humor. They just wanted to exist peacefully and quietly.
Now it seems like a lot of them do it for attention.
Its the same kinds of people who pretended they were bisexual like 20 years ago for attention.
Not saying thats the case with all of them obviously, but the ones that are the most loudest about stuff like this usually end up being the least serious about it, and quick to jump to the front of whatever is the newest thing.
Pretty much same, here. I have know some in the past and have maintained a friendship over the yrs with a transman.
None of them are/were flag wavers demanding justice. They looked for happy productive lives. But, the social consequences could be deadly at times.

I don't understand why they bother to change if they don't want to be addressed with the pronoun for the sex they transitioned to.

I don’t think the pronouns had anything to do with the decision to transition, they’re just a way to describe where they’re at right now.

No. I'm not sure they actually exist.

I mean, I even have a lesbian in my family who wears a chain on her wallet and has short hair and sort of a raspy voice. She likes to fix things and do carpentry. But she is also keenly aware that she has XX chromosomes and a vagina. Nice lady. I am not aware of any plans she has to become Malcolm, or anything like that.

I'm an engineer that works in manufacturing, most of my hobbies are motorsports, and I live on the edge of a suburban town and a rural area.

I have a college friend/acquaintance that I'm friends with on FB. She is a lesbian and married another woman. They have adopted a baby and seem very happy together. That's about as close as it gets for anyone I know.

I have a god daughter who I now guess is a god son.
Still a kid and everyone could say they saw it coming. No surprises here.
I'm just glad he's dealing with this in 2020 instead of 1980. Life is hard enough for people dealing with this on their own.

Yeah. I don't think it's as easy as he says it is, especially without parental permission. From what I understand, typically a trans kid is given puberty blockers first early in the pubertal stage. Around 10 or 11.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...horia/in-depth/pubertal-blockers/art-20459075

The second stage would be hormone treatment several years later.

The third stage of sexual reassignment surgery doesn't happen before age 18. And only a small percentage elect to get it anyway.

That's right. I totally forgot to mention the puberty blockers stage. Thanks for the reminder.

Never understood why it's not the girly man that wanna transition to women but mostly he-man or Lebron looking dudes.

Perhaps you just notice those types more and feminine looking transwomen "pass" better.

know four of them.
one is quiet about it and doesnt make a fuss, female to male, which for some reason works better - still looks like a very weak and skinny dude with no facial hair but let's say it's passable.
the other three are mental cases. legit don't think they will survive another 5 years, they will most likely kill themselves. loud and obnoxious about it, wanting every person they meet to somehow participate in their lunacy. the "it's MAM!" types. ugh. and as dudes of course it just looks like dudes wearing women clothes.

Back