Social Do You Know Anyone with an E-Bike?

Somehow they find a way to slip in the conversation some variation of: "The motor really doesn't help that much, it's a great workout."

Bull shit.

My neighbors tried to tell me this shit about their new bikes after they went on a 26 mile, 1,000 feet elevation ride, their first ride in like 5 years. Lol.

Same story from my Bro. In 25 years he has never ridden a bike 6 blocks to my place. Got an e-bike, now he does 20 mile "lightly assisted" rides several times a week.

I remember last year chasing an old man on an emtb. I was on my gravel bike and the route was a slow ascent which is doable but quite challenging. I remember grinding out 25kmh on that route until I was able to over take him. The end of that route is a punchy climb of 50 meters. While I was in the middle of it, old man passed me by. I was like no fucking way. Until he turned around and saw that it was an emtb. I'm just glad older folks could still bike fast due to ebikes. I'll definitely get one when I can no longer put out the watts.

I understand this and see the logic. I have also hear of riding groups where one old guy gets an ebike like this and all the sudden he is first to the top of the hill. So next think another guy gets one then another and finally half the guys are on them and its no fun for the other half. These have broke up some groups.

That being said, they look like a blast.

The owners of e bikes are a combination of the obnoxiousness of bicyclist that bike in the fast lane on the road and righteousness of electric car owners that slaps a zero emission sticker on the car
So, I am not a global warming denier in any way. But those people all drive me insane.

The zero emissions sticker doesn’t bother me as much as the way those fuckers drive. Everyone in a Prius drives like shit.

You're not getting into the illuminati unless you roll up on one.

I advise everyone to up their quality of life and get one.

if the motor didnt help, buying an ebike would be really stupid.

It does help.
People that claim it does not is full of BS or they have a very shitty e-bike.
Or they weigh a ton and the engine cant manage that weight.

They can be great fun.

Back