Do you look down on people who were spoiled?

TheBlondBomber

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have a friend who would be considered spoiled by most standards. His parents bought him a couple different cars throughout high school, he never had to take a job besides working for the family business and could focus on athletics and grades throughout high school. He got no scholarships to go to college, took five years to graduate with a couple bs degrees, all on his parent's dime with no student loan debt. Then he decides he wants to go to law school and gets that covered as well. He doesn't come across as an ungrateful prick or a spoiled brat who is super selfish, although he sometimes does say derogatory things about bouncers at bars and people like that and he always knows exactly the brand and price of everything that people have, but all in all he's a good cat. However, I can't help but feel a little judgmental towards people who are 22 years old and have never had a real job, get everything paid for and seemingly never go through the tough times. I feel like those types of people don't handle adversity well and eventually won't end up being successful. What say you?

i think ur a lil jelly of ppl w) advantages and privileges that u dont have. let him worry about the challenges and adversity that awaits him & u should be worried about urself

its about making the most of wat u have to be successful. ppl do not choose wat families they are born into & life is not always fair. in fact, life is hardly fair, but we just have to make the most of it

i think ur a lil jelly of ppl w) advantages and privileges that u dont have. let him worry about the challenges and adversity that awaits him & u should be worried about urself

its about making the most of wat u have to be successful. ppl do not choose wat families they are born into & life is not always fair. in fact, life is hardly fair, but we just have to make the most of it

Pretty much all of this.

He will probably provide his kids the same way his parents provided him and you will probably provide your kids the same way your parents provided you.

Absolutely, but I'm petty as fuck.

I secretly hate advantaged people, not rationally of course. I hate that they have what I want.

I won't have children until I can give them the life I wanted, I feel like I deserve that life. And I would be better suited for the life. So I've always been rather cutthroat in my career.

But I'm petty as fuck as I said. Besides the privileged look down on me, I'm hoping one day they look up to me.

No. I spend time thinking of ways to improve myself rather than worrying about circumstances outside of my control, especially where they concern other people.

It'd be nice to be in ur friend's position, I certainly wouldn't complain. At the same time I don't see myself looking down on a guy like that, despite differences in our circumstances.

Not really. I don't look down on anybody really. I'm down here. All i have is my own principles.

no I look down on jealous bitches who badmouth there friends to strangers,in hope they get some validation for having such feelings.

can't believe I got a post in B4 a 'you sound poor brah':icon_lol:

It's unfortunate when people don't appreciate what they have. Other than that I don't think there's anything wrong with having advantages in life.

only if they start to whine poor me about trivial things, but even then I wouldn't call it looking down it'd be a bit of frustration and a bit of envy that thats all they have to stress them out.

I don't think you know what "spoiled" means. The reason it's called that is because people who are given everything often develop a sense of entitlement and become dicks. If your friend doesn't do that, he isn't spoiled. "Spoiled" isn't just another term for having a good life.

I might. It depends wholly on how they carry it.

Seeing as I had pretty much nothing growing up, yes, yes I do.

no, sometimes i get jealous but its not their fault they have it good

i expect a hard fall though when i see someone who is spoiled to the point of weakness.

Never understood the weakness of people who look down on somebody who is successful or have it good even if it's given to them

If you look down on somebody solely for the fact that they have advantages that you may not, then you're a shitty person. Why would you want other people to have a hard life because you do?

Of course, if somebody who has advantages is a **** and looks down on people who do not, then fuck him and judge away.

Back