• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you microwave cup o noodles?

PaleMoonlight

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So I was reading the instructions and it said to boil water and pour it into the cup.

I always thought it was meant to be microwaved. Been doing it all my life, might turn into a mutant soon.

Do you guys boil water or just straight up nuke Cup O Noodles?

Nah just do it the way it's suggested, which is to boil water, pour in the cup and let it steam for 5 mins. Wtf would you boil the water first and then nuke it after? That makes no sense.

<{1-8}> <{1-17}>

You mean like with the Styrofoam and shit? Ewww.

Nah. I get the blue Ramen, the same one i used to get for 11 cents at C-town when I was borderline homeless... with the chemicals and preservatives like God intended. The one your body can't even digest properly...

Then add shit like mushrooms, veggies, soy sauce, garlic, hot sauces

And either microwave or small pot to heat it up.

Yo, that Styrofoam is bad for you though.

Last edited:
i think i did as a kid, but electric kettles are so fast/efficient/affordable and useful for many things that it only makes sense.

hell even when i need to boil water on a stove top, i put most of the water in the kettle while the pot with a little water heats up, and then poor the boiling water in to save time

but yea, polystyrene typically shouldnt be microwaved

I had a friend who used to say:

"A watched pot never boils"

And I would reply:

"Motherfucker I'm not cooking, I'm looking out the window waiting for this dude to get back with my drugs, shut the fuck up."
Don't lie, you were cooking. Just not food.

Just use a tea pot. Pour water in then add a little parm maybe some tobbaco and let sit covered 5 min then stir an eat. Inlived off that an kraft Mac n cheese in college

No coke, baking soda, a pot of boiling water and a pickle jar?
Is that how you make crack?

No. I have smoked coke, usually sprinkled on weed, or dumped into a Parliament. Enjoyed that quite a bit.

Smoked weed purported to be laced with crack. That was interesting.

And I have done meth, just never cooked it. Gets a bad wrap due to all those dumb dickheads who can handle their shit. Lovely in smallish responsible doses.

You mean like with the Styrofoam and shit? Ewww.

Yo, that Styrofoam is bad for you though.
This is the truth. (Not your truth, the truth)
from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/can-you-microwave-styrofoam
"Containers made from Styrofoam or expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam are not safe to use in a microwave, unless they have a microwave-safe label. They may leach chemicals into food, which could increase the risk of some types of cancer."
You do not want to ingest the shit they make Styrofoam from.

from https://www.genpak.com/environment/are-containers-microwave-safe/
  • Check the bottom of the container for a symbol. Microwave safe is usually a microwave with some wavy lines on it. If the container has a #5 on it, it is made from polypropylene, PP, so it is generally considered microwave safe. Smart Set Pro and ProView are perfect for microwave applications.
    microwave safe icons

Back