• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you microwave cup o noodles?

Depends. If i'm sure it's dead, i use hot water. If there is still a human being in the cup, nukes are justified imo.

So I was reading the instructions and it said to boil water and pour it into the cup.

I always thought it was meant to be microwaved. Been doing it all my life, might turn into a mutant soon.

Do you guys boil water or just straight up nuke Cup O Noodles?
When I was poor I just nuked the whole shebang. Then I got wealthier and started adding hot water.

I'm still the same person I always was though.

So I was reading the instructions and it said to boil water and pour it into the cup.

I always thought it was meant to be microwaved. Been doing it all my life, might turn into a mutant soon.

Do you guys boil water or just straight up nuke Cup O Noodles?
neither because I am no longer poor white trash. I make that shit from scratch like Gordan Fucking Ramsay now.

The instructions for such things generally tend to ask you to put too much water in them IMHO, I'm guessing because the heat is needed to cook them but if you add less water and then microwave a bit to cover the difference the results tend to be better.

neither because I am no longer poor white trash. I make that shit from scratch like Gordan Fucking Ramsay now.
c434f80ba2969536721724e2ffa2ef32c82950d575039b57f96cc6c5998208c8._AC_SX720_FMjpg_.jpg

Electric kettle FTW! Also great for pour over coffee and tea. Extra points for temp control electric kettle.
I do both! The electric kettle is god tier. It's up there with the insta pot in my kitchen

I do both! The electric kettle is god tier. It's up there with the insta pot in my kitchen

I finally stopped using my stovetop kettle a few months ago when I bought an electric kettle with temp control. The wife and I drink a lot of coffee, and I got into the habit of grinding beans fresh and doing a pour over every morning. The electric kettle was a game changer! I don't know why I put off getting one for so long.

I finally stopped using my stovetop kettle a few months ago when I bought an electric kettle with temp control. The wife and I drink a lot of coffee, and I got into the habit of grinding beans fresh and doing a pour over every morning. The electric kettle was a game changer! I don't know why I put off getting one for so long.
I've been using mine for a few years as well as my pour over. Pour over and French press are the best cups of coffee you can make.

Boil the water for stryofoam which I never heard of microwaving. Microwave the plastic tray filled to line with water. Actually, I try not to microwave plastic anymore because the TV said it produces tons of tiny plastic particles so I use Corelle bowl instead.

And people keep wondering why they get sick and fat at 40+. :rolleyes:

I pour boiling water into it. And last year or 2 I buy ramen that needs to be cooked for 5 minutes in boiling water, tastes better. And I don't eat it on the go anyways.

All you people complaining about the styrofoam being bad for you but happily putting your food in a microwave like there's no problems there
Oh the sweet delicious irony

Back