Do you really want to see Alex vs Max 3?

Did Volkanovski Win Nine out of Ten Rounds Against Max Over Two Fights?

• Yes.

Votes: 204 38.7%
  • No.

Votes: 323 61.3%

• Total voters
Alex himself said he wants to fight Max again because he’s deserving.

Earned it? Absolutelly. MAx beats all the others. Do we need it again? No.
Max should fight Conor and avenge that silly loss. Turn him into a panik rassler.
He can do it at 145,155,170 and 185.

9 out of 10 rounds is so ridiculous it's either trolling or hating.

Objectively, the consensus is the second fight was a close 48/47. Rounds 3 and 5 were very close.

First fight, MMA media were split between it being 49-46 or 48-47 Volk. Other than one judge, no one else had it 50-45.

No.

It's just gonna be another close decision.

If Max loses he's pretty much done in that division anyway as long as Volk is champ. If Max wins you have to give Volk a rematch. If Max wins that too they are 2-2 so you'd kinda need a 5th fight...

He should move weight class IMO.

Giga would make Max panic wrestle like he did on the weekend.

Don't care, Volkanovski probably wins again. FW is so boring nowadays.

Unfortunately, the UFC and Max have made this the only logical fight available for Volk.
Meh. They can do Zombie or Allen if they want new matchups against worthy challengers. Hell if Gigachad wrecks Kattar they can do that too. They’re not out of options, it’s all about interest

Max has a lot of good options. One is Volk, as the rematch was close, Max dropped him twice, the most significant moments in the rematch. And he's in his prime, a lot younger than Volk, so despite Max fighting top competition for so long time is on his side in the match-up.

Then there's another try at 155. Could be a rematch with Conor, a big fight, main event. Could be Chandler. Could be another contender.

All these options are fine.

Max has a lot of good options. One is Volk, as the rematch was close, Max dropped him twice, the most significant moments in the rematch. And he's in his prime, a lot younger than Volk, so despite Max fighting top competition for so long time is on his side in the match-up.

Then there's another try at 155. Could be a rematch with Conor, a big fight, main event. Could be Chandler. Could be another top contender.

Conor is his most important fight right now. He doesn't want to have that loss on his record. He must act fast, Conor will not be here for long, one more loss he is out.

Conor is his most important fight right now. He doesn't want to have that loss on his record. He must act fast, Conor will not be here for long, one more loss he is out.

It's a huge fight and would be a great fight the way they match up. And it's a good time for it given their standings in their divisions.

Meh. They can do Zombie or Allen if they want new matchups against worthy challengers. Hell if Gigachad wrecks Kattar they can do that too. They’re not out of options, it’s all about interest

Volk wanted to fight again this year because he's in his prime and already had to take a lay off due to covid, but he was told to wait because max vs. yair was for the number one contender. Making him wait even longer for the possibility of giga beating kattar would be silly.

I don't really care who he fights as long as they don't keep a healthy champ benched.

Volk wanted to fight again this year because he's in his prime and already had to take a lay off due to covid, but he was told to wait because max vs. yair was for the number one contender. Making him wait even longer for the possibility of giga beating kattar would be silly.

I don't really care who he fights as long as they don't keep a healthy champ benched.
Considering the beating Max took and depending if Giga just demolishes Kattar then he'd probably be waiting less time to fight Giga than if he were to wait for Max to heal.

Considering the beating Max took and depending if Giga just demolishes Kattar then he'd probably be waiting less time to fight Giga than if he were to wait for Max to heal.

Kattar has never been knocked down, let alone knocked out, so if giga does it, he'll be the first. He might win, but winning unscathed is a risky bet. It just seems like a waste to keep a healthy champ in his prime on the shelf for an extra four months simply because the right match up hasn't appeared. Especially when that champ has only fought twice on the past two years. Feed Volk anyone ASAP.

If volk were izzy or jon jones then I'd say a 3rd fight is unwarranted but volk is far from unbeatable. I think most fighters just undersell his work rate, IQ, tenacity. Max has the physical tools and fundamentals to beat volk. He was doing good in the 2nd fight, a fight I thought he did enough to win. Volk isn't a puzzle. He doesn't possess any unique physical tools or disciplines that are hard to train against. I think max can make the adjustments to get a clear win. Volk is on the wrong side of 30 and the tools keeping volk champ won't be able to carry that weight much longer

We saw nothing yesterday, that could give us the benefit of the doubt, that Max can win a fight with Alex. Alex won 9 out of 10 rounds already and Max hasn't improved at all. He even had to rassle against Yair to secure the win cause he was losing the rounds.
Isn't it crazy that Yair won the standup in this fight. If there was no grappling I give Yair the edge. Sherdog and the oddsmakers were underestimaing Yair (I said so before the fight). Yair is tough and diverse in his striking. Max has great boxing but you don't have to box him. The book is out on Max now. Make it a kickboxing fight with the emphasis on kick. Take out his legs. Wrestle him if you have good wrestling and mix it up. I don't want to see Max vs Volk 3 but who is there for Volk to fight? The guy is so good. I don't think Giga is the guy. He better work on his cardio and his boxing, he'll need it.

Then there's another try at 155. Could be a rematch with Conor, a big fight, main event. Could be Chandler. Could be another contender.

I think Max at 155 is a mistake, a big one. I didn't like him taking the fight against Dustin and moving up again won't be good for his career. He needs to tweek his style and develop more of a kicking game. I was looking over the rankings and I think we get Volk vs Max 3. Who else is there for Volk right now?

Back