Do you sleep with a fan or A/C on, any other device? (re noise)

I posted a thread last week about how I was losing sleep cause there's a water pump directly beneath my new apartment that generates this horrible ringing.

Not only losing sleep but it caused me to start experiencing tinnitus (which sucks).

So I moved the bed into the kitchen and placed an air purifier on the bed side table, running at medium intensity it provides enough white noise to block out the majority of the ringing sound.

It's getting me by for the moment at least.

First time in my life I've slept with a noise generating device running all night.

Anyone else sleep using a similar white noise'ish making machine of some kind?

A/C, fan, dehumidifier etc?

check this out brother

https://www.hatch.co/rest

I recently had my first baby and learned about these noise machines. Can’t sleep without one now. $60 at Target. 11 different sounds. I’m an ocean guy.

^^ This is what I'm referring to, sound interference.

I've got an air purifier running now, cancels out awful apartment building noise, or did so last night, hopefully it works just as well moving forward.

It could save my sanity.

Not anymore, but when younger slept with the fan on.

Know a lady that has to sleep with the TV on. Don't know how she does it.

its not only the fan being on loud but also really the wind itself that creates another noise that i think does the trick for me, a fan running in the room isnt enough i need the wind tunnel effect, when i was a kid i was sleep with a big fan next to my pillow and put a blanket over it so it was pitch black and also like gale force winds in my face and this was relaxing and i sleep very well like this since very young, i can sleep without the fan and with some light but its more difficult and something i have gotten better at as ive matured from a wee lad into a sherbro

I posted a thread last week about how I was losing sleep cause there's a water pump directly beneath my new apartment that generates this horrible ringing.

Not only losing sleep but it caused me to start experiencing tinnitus (which sucks).

So I moved the bed into the kitchen and placed an air purifier on the bed side table, running at medium intensity it provides enough white noise to block out the majority of the ringing sound.

First time in my life I've slept with a noise generating device running all night.

I'll put on a youtube video, something funny but only around 10 min long. This way its off right after I fall asleep. That method usually puts me out for a solid 7 hours

I put YouTube on the tv and listen to podcasts or audiobooks.

The lady likes to sleep with the AC on, gets fucking cold...

So around 2-3am I turn around to snuggle and get warm which results in her getting frisky and I'm already ready to go...so I basically get laid every night I let her have the AC on.

No complaints on either side you fucking rookies

I sleep with a fan and the tv on, if it goes silent its like a reverse alarm clock and I instantly wake up

Having the tv on does lead to some wild dreams sometimes, depending on what kind of movie or show that comes on

Just leave it on the Playboy channel

Always slept with fan on even in winter but lately I thunderstorms heavy rain on my phone... works for me

I have a fan on to drown out city noise being I'm a light sleeper, it doesn't get rid of all of it but helps. The only noise I had escaping the city for a few days was a dog barking, it was heaven.

Lately been falling asleep to my boy Don Johanssson. Human Origins for the win

I have a small one I put on during the day, hate complete silence. When it's sleep time, I use.this beast (needs a wipe down lol), essential for night owls. I also put on an audiobook to shut my brain off. I've slept with a fan since I was a little kid. I dont know how anyone does total silence.

Noise rarely wakes me up
20220106_191236.jpg

My wife vito’d the fan, so I sleep with earbuds every night.

I have spent the past 24 years sleeping with my fan on max power summer and winter.

1628575868341.jpeg

Always sleep with a fan.

I struggle at hotels that don't have them.

I live in the mountains with no neighbors and i sleep with everything turned off so the house is completely silent and it's tremendous. The windows in my bedroom are blacked out and i sleep like a baby no mattter what time it is.

I always have to have TV on.

TCM knocks me right out.

I put sleep on 1 hr as to be a good environmentalist so it doesnt stay on all night.

Back