Do You Still Go To The Mall?

MLarson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As for Myself it's been about 25yrs. Ago I'm surprised they are still up and running.

I do when I’m near one that is still open. My local mall near home is completely closed.
But the mall near Baltimore is still doing well so I go there sometimes. Same with the mall near NYC.

Yep the one near me was completely renovated and upgraded .. plenty of nice stores, food and hot chicks getting dressed up to go there and show off. Probably a lot different than "malls" in bum fuck USA though

No. Although I did stop by one of the old malls near my original hometown a little while ago. I felt lost. Almost like I was trying to recapture my youth at a spot, but they had altered it to the point of being unrecognizable.

"Where my 'New York Fries'? What is this new place? Where's the escalator that used to be here? Why did they move the entrance? Why am I here? Oh' god, it's happening isn't it? I'm old....I'M OLD! NOOOOO!"

I enjoy watching those abandoned mall videos on Youtube. Our Galleria Mall here in town is dead and actually appeared on an episode.

I used to love going to the mall when I was a kid, especially at Christmas time when it was all decorated. Still remember buying The Legend of Zelda for the NES at K-mart back in 1987.

Our mall has a Big 5 Sporting Goods, a Claire’s. (Jewelry/accessory store for teen girls), and a welfare office. The other 20-30 stores are vacant. It’s a nice building on the best property location in town, I don’t know why it sucks so bad.

To shop ? Sometimes, the ones nearest me are all very busy.
To Hang with my skateboard friends, like
XlSBhyM.gif

never ever did that.

No. Although I did stop by one of the old malls near my original hometown a little while ago. I felt lost. Almost like I was trying to recapture my youth at a spot, but they had altered it to the point of being unrecognizable.

"Where my 'New York Fries'? What is this new place? Where's the escalator that used to be here? Why did they move the entrance? Why am I here? Oh' god, it's happening isn't it? I'm old....I'M OLD! NOOOOO!"

I had a bit of schadenfreude when I went back to my old hometown a few years back and saw the mall dying. That, and many other bad ideas, turned the place into a shithole.

As for Myself it's been about 25yrs. Ago I'm surprised they are still up and running.

i do on occasion. for nostalgia sake. i do miss the times i'd go with my parents when i was really young. going back brings back those memories. it kind of sucks how times change and those memories are so easy to fade away.

I go to one a few times a year for the used bookstore. It’s got a few other neat stores and seems relatively busy. Another mall we go to that we call the Ted Bundy mall, because he tried to grab a girl there, also has some neat stores. It is also busier than malls used to be and a nightmare during the holidays.

It seems they have a small renaissance here in Utah. I do find that most of the new shops are small businesses and seem to give the malls new life.

If you're buying gifts for multiple people and have no idea what to buy the mall is a good place to just walk around and shop for people. That's about all it's good for IMO

All the time... Fashion Valley Mall and Westfield UTC mall.

They're always packed too.

I went last year, it was still pretty busy and also still had that patented mall smell

Used to love that smell and it turns out I still do

‘I used to love that patented mall smell. I still do.. but I used to too’

Back