Do you still wear a mask? Who still cares about Covid-19?

Only because I don't feel like getting fined by the condo association and asked to leave every business I enter.

A "leak" is just a product of human error. Someone was careless and got their self infected, brought it out the lab, and passed it on to someone else. It doesn't have to be a nefarious thing.
The virus got to Antarctica because someone infected brought it there. The fact that we know it's there means that people were able to isolate the person to stop further spread. If we just did nothing and let things roam free then we would be much worse off.

Of course there could be some possible human error involved in all this. I don't know nearly enough to just assume all this was leaked on purpose. But when you look at who has benefited the most from this pandemic, it's possible start to make some assumptions. Truth is, a virus that is so highly contagious that you can get it without even coming in direct contact is going to spread regardless of all the measures you take. That's why it made sense at first to lockdown for a few weeks to slow the spread. But now we know lockdowns did little to nothing to stop COVID from spreading

The masks are not an impenetrable forcefield--so I don't know why people keep acting like that's what people have claimed they are. They can't 100% "stop" it, especially when you introduce human error and misuse into the mix. But they do make a difference. The point isn't that you're going to 100% stop it, it's that you reduce the chances and radius of the spread.
If you were standing face to face with someone with the flu, do you have no preference if they cover their mouth or not when they cough? You obviously have a lower chance of getting what they got if they aren't coughing and sneezing on you. A mask helps reduce those particles from getting into you.

The mask didn't work and they never will with the exception of the N95s. But like I mentioned, you can still get the virus if your eyes aren't protected as well because it's viral. So yeah it's possible to limit the spread but it's inevitable that you will get the coronavirus. The only thing we could have done was protect those most vulnerable to COVID. And of course stay home if you are feeling sick regardless if it was just a minor cold

If you believed masks were really that effective, you would have been wearing them all the time before the pandemic. Did you wear a mask when SARS or H1N1 was spreading? Unless you worked in some type of medical field, I don't believe you did

And to be fair, it's cool. You want to wear a mask forever that's your choice. You aren't hurting me or anyone else. But they don't work bro at least not when it comes to COVID

Only place I've worn a mask in the past few weeks is a hospital, only places that masks are still mandatory are public transport, taxi's, hospitals, aged care & courts of law. I typically don't wear a mask in public transport or taxi's unless specifically asked.

I took the vaccine, have not received a booster yet and still unsure if I will. I have no choice but to take the vaccine as it was mandated at my work place and I'm not losing my job over a vaccine that billions have taken with minimal side effects. Still getting a few thousand cases a day in my state of a population of 5-6 million, I may take the booster down the road.

He's a moron.

The protocol and control measures change as the rates of cases/hospitalizations changes. This number has dropped rapidly recently, which, along with the lower lethality of recent strains, drives the change. Apparently that's too complicated for him to understand, so it's clear evidence of the covid conspiracy.

It's the same as these idiots pointing to Fauci saying masks weren't needed, while ignoring the fact that he said that at the start of February 2020, when there were literally like a hundred cases total in the US. When the cases went up, he changed his recommendation. Conditions change, control methods change. Not that complicated.

Newsflash, next winter (or even this summer) when cases start going up again, we'll see some restrictions and guidance like wearing masks come back. This will continue for the next few years, each year the restrictions becoming less drastic as it becomes less and less deadly. This is obvious to anyone with a room temperature IQ, but make no mistake these retards will be saying, the war with Ukraine isn't scaring people anymore, so they're bringing back restrictions to scare you!
And some are still waiting for JFK Jr to rise from the dead and reinstate Trump as President

If you believed masks were really that effective, you would have been wearing them all the time before the pandemic. Did you wear a mask when SARS or H1N1 was spreading? Unless you worked in some type of medical field, I don't believe you did

And to be fair, it's cool. You want to wear a mask forever that's your choice. You aren't hurting me or anyone else. But they don't work bro at least not when it comes to COVID
Of course there could be some possible human error involved in all this. I don't know nearly enough to just assume all this was leaked on purpose. But when you look at who has benefited the most from this pandemic, it's possible start to make some assumptions.
Why look at only who has benefitted the most?
Why not also look at who has lost ? Why would all of these other people and industries be okay with, and allow a much smaller group to just take them all out of business?
You know the old saying about people who make assumptions, right? You shouldn't make assumptions on things like this without having concrete information, and looking at all the angles. There's so many pieces to this thing, and the assumptions that people are making involve ignoring large pieces of other important information. All of these assumptions seem to also always conveniently line up with people's political beliefs.
Americans keep talk about this whole thing as if it only is happening in their country. In order for these assumptions to be true, they would have to also be true in Korea, France, Australia, etc.

Truth is, a virus that is so highly contagious that you can get it without even coming in direct contact is going to spread regardless of all the measures you take. That's why it made sense at first to lockdown for a few weeks to slow the spread. But now we know lockdowns did little to nothing to stop COVID from spreading

You can have some control of the spread if you take the proper measures at the proper times. To say something "doesnt work" or "did nothing " is inaccurate. It will all depend on you actually following through on the plan. To say that lockdowns had 0 effect on the spread isn't accurate. You would have to define what a lockdown is, and look at what actually happened to make that statement. Most places didn't actually "lockdown", and it definitely wasn't done in a universal way across the states.

The mask didn't work and they never will with the exception of the N95s. But like I mentioned, you can still get the virus if your eyes aren't protected as well because it's viral. So yeah it's possible to limit the spread but it's inevitable that you will get the coronavirus. The only thing we could have done was protect those most vulnerable to COVID. And of course stay home if you are feeling sick regardless if it was just a minor cold
There is no such thing as "It works" or "It doesn't work". That would mean that something is either 100% effective, or it is 0% effective. And that's the problem with all of these conversations and the way you guys keep talking about this stuff. "Stop the spread"/"It doesn't work" are inaccurate things to say, but we've heard both sides say it in order to simplify the messaging.
You can lower your risks by doing certain things. You can not say that a mask "doesn't work", and it would be inaccurate to say a mask "does work" if you're saying that it will 100% protect you--but no one is saying that it will 100% protect you.
Again, if you were in a room with someone with COVID, and you had 4 options....A) They will cough in your face, no mask, just straight up cough in your face. B) They will cough while wearing a bandana C) They will cough while covering their mouth with their hand D) They will cough while wearing a standard mask.
You're trying to tell me there is NO difference between these options? You'll take option A because it's just as good as option D?

The mask is not guaranteed to stop you from getting COVID---it reduces your chances. And then you can further reduce your chances by doing other things.
The N95 is the most effective, but a mask that is 12.2%, 25% or 40% effective is better than 0%.
The overall point here is not to say that masks are the be-all, end-all of the matter. Their effectiveness is going to depend on a lot of factors, some of which you have some control over. There are too many factors to just make these blanket statements about something being good or bad.

I just want to buy butter and cucumbers and GTFO.

fry-suspicion.gif

No, mandates are lifted. I always wore them, am vaccinated, and still got Covid 2x. So I am living my life now. Im healthy and have no pre existing conditions. I am not altering my life anymore. If you are elderly, have severe co morbidities, get a real N95 mask and stay away from crowds. If you wear a mask in your car by yourself or outside, you are a tool box.

Some people finger a dirty pussy and then put on condom with juice covered fingers and then wonder why they still catch an STD.

This doesn't make sense. If it was largely about compliance, then what is the ultimate end goal? It makes no sense to enforce masks for the main purpose of compliance, and then do away with the masks, as most places have done/are about to do. Why would they give up their power if that's what their goal was?
What is the "larger" thing they are supposedly moving on to next?

Again, this doesn't make sense when you look at the whole picture. The ENTIRE world, with all of our different governments, companies, goals, and cultures all did this to some degree. So there is some kind of global compliance test going on?
What would be the point of injecting the entire world population with an "experimental "vaccine" " if they believed it was dangerous or harmful? How does fucking up the entire population help the government?

It's not about believing/not believing the potential that this could happen. It's that why would you go through all of this mental gymnastics instead of looking at the most simple answer : There is a contagious virus that has caused the deaths of millions of people, the government didn't want it to spread, so they made these rules and mandates. They also fucked up a lot, were unorganized, and overshot and overdid some of the measures.
THAT is a lot more likely than the global conspiracy you're talking abut.

Now why you gotta go put logic and reasoning into your wall of text?

For some people, it’s comforting to believe in a grand complex conspiracy, implemented by powerful overlords who can control everything.

Conspiracies actually empowers them. It makes them feel smart thinking they know something that even scientists and doctors around the world don't know.

I live in Florida, so we never care to wear one from the beginning.

I walked into a cafe yesterday without it. Got a couple stares from customers but the employees didnt give a fuck. The mom n pop places dont care for the most part, its mainly the bigger businesses.

People are too worried about going broke from living expenses then giving a rats ass about covid anymore.

I know most of the business owners as ive been supporing their businesses for years. They dont give a fuck. None of them wanted it...was costing them a fortune to run shop with all the government mandated changes and rules.

A few of them still ran shop without checking for vaccine passes. They were willing to take the risk.

It was only a matter of time before this mask thing became simply a formality with some.

And yet there's a difference between you and them.

Them not giving a fuck because those mandates hurt their business. Between catching a virus or shutting down their business, they'd rather risk catching the virus, which is understandable.

As for yourself, even if you had walked into a cafe masked, it still wouldn't hurt your pockets or livelihood one bit. You chose not to do it simply because you didn't give a fuck if you caught the virus or if others caught the virus from you.

I was at the store and overheard two masked employees talking and asking if the customers were supposed to wear masks, and they didn't seem comfortable with maskless customers.

I was at the store and overheard two masked employees talking and asking if the customers were supposed to wear masks, and they didn't seem comfortable with maskless customers.
99% of society from here on out:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Until they be crying in ICU and wishing they got the vaccine. Too late dumbshits.
What does "being comfortable around maskless customers" have to do with getting a vaccine and being an ICU if you don't <{outtahere}>

I almost never wear it at all. I bring it in case its a super crowded train or i gotta take a cab somewhere

What does "being comfortable around maskless customers" have to do with getting a vaccine and being an ICU if you don't <{outtahere}>
Dumbshits tend to not wear mask and not get vaccine then end up in ICU after getting COVID. At another store nearby, overheard employee tell his co-worker something like his doc said COVID is still new, so they don't know a lot so are making him take meds for another few months. Sounded like that guy got COVID and still affected by it enough to have to take meds.

Apparently Russia killed COVID or something like that.
I heard from credible qualified credentialed source that drinking Trump's urine gives you the strongest hardest absolute immunity from COVID. Injecting the urine gives immortality and broad shoulders and eternal erection that Playboy Playmates can't get enough of.

Understandable if they're around them all day. During the mandate I had to ask workmen to put them on as a legal obligation but with heavy sweaty breathy work I felt happier with them in a mask...regardless of it being illegal not to wear one.

Back