Do you think Tsarukyan will surpass Islam?

no reason to think so Islam already beat him and is improving faster with his striking and sub game and when Islam moves up in weight or retires Usman Nurmagomedov will just be waiting for Arman.
So you think Usman is better than him?

You've got a faded memory Sherbro - Arman maybe won the second round but was gassed and got taken down and out-grappled clearly in the third.

In fact, that was the most clear round of the fight (MMA decisions show 90%+ fans giving the third to Islam, only 60% for the second/third rounds). Obviously late notice so didn't have a full camp, so his cardio fading was predicted.

Agreed that he clearly beat Gamrot though, only real loss is to Islam with the worst of circumstances (young, short-notice, specimens like Islam).

I don't think he has the style to be as dominant as Islam though, he relies on out-muscling opponents and his outside striking game is highly questionable.
Yeah. I re-watched it. Mixed the first and third up. Had it a pretty easy 29x28 for Arman. Thought he did plenty in the first two rounds.

Dude lost to Gamrot a few fights ago and just got his first ranked win against a guy in his mid 30s with 5 KO losses including his previous one. Can we slow down a little bit before he jumps into goat talks? Right now Islam is a better striker, better wrestler, and better grappler, but he's young enough to improve and possibly win the belt if Islam moves up to WW, so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Goku Charles is a different one that getting knocked down by a jab Charles. If tsarukyan can get past him the sky's the limit until he gets brutally ko'd

Yeah. Watched it again. I mixed up the first and third rounds somehow. Easy 29x28 for Arman in my book. Islam didn't do much to impress there. Kind of hung on for dear life and threw hooks to the body. Neither guy looks the same today as they did then. Rematch would be dope.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Is your book written in crayon? All 3 official judges and 16/20 media scoring had it a clear 30-27, and the charitable dissenters still scored it for Islam, but at least gave Arman 1 round. Nobody anywhere scored the fight for him. It was almost entirely a grappling match with Islam getting 4 times as many TDs while attempting fewer, had 5x the control, and Arman got 11/12 TDs stuffed and put on his back.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Is your book written in crayon? All 3 official judges and 16/20 media scoring had it a clear 30-27, and the charitable dissenters still scored it for Islam, but at least gave Arman 1 round. Nobody anywhere scored the fight for him. It was almost entirely a grappling match with Islam getting 4 times as many TDs while attempting fewer, had 5x the control, and Arman got 11/12 TDs stuffed and put on his back.

people see what they want to see. nobody is 100% unbiased but some people are not even trying

Yeah. I re-watched it. Mixed the first and third up. Had it a pretty easy 29x28 for Arman. Thought he did plenty in the first two rounds.

That puts you in the minority though, very few scored it for Arman and I don’t think even he thinks he won.

But like I said, impressive to give Islam that hard a fight as a green 23 year old.

He could, sure. If he fights more often than Islam?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Nah. Crayons are too tasty to write with.

That puts you in the minority though, very few scored it for Arman and I don’t think even he thinks he won.

But like I said, impressive to give Islam that hard a fight as a green 23 year old.
I think that's because Islam is really good at looking busy when he's doing nothing of consequence. Either way. Done is done and all.

I dont see it. The new school top 5 in a few years will probably be Arman, Fiziev, Gamrot, BSD, Turner.

I think all those guys have a good chance at beating one another and we have a carousel similar to Conor, Dustin, Justin, & Olives. All can beat each other on any given night.

Islam could possibly be just a notch better than them all like Khabib and would probably be undeniable as the best at 55

Beat Islam? Sure. He was taking over in the third round of their fight and has looked better each time out since. He also arguably beat Gamrot.
As for passing Islam's resume, let's see him win the belt first.

I remembered it the opposite, Arman took the fight on about a week's notice for a UFC contract at like 22 years old. The first two rounds were super close, a judge did give Arman a round, stats say he outstruck Islam standing as well. He was able to defend and get up against all the takedown attempts really well but he was kinda bridesmade for the fight still. In the 3rd round he was fading and Islam was able to get control time and win more decisively.

That said, as someone said prior, Islam seems to have evolved more in terms of striking than Arman has and he's a hell of a lot bigger.

I dont see it. The new school top 5 in a few years will probably be Arman, Fiziev, Gamrot, BSD, Turner.

I think all those guys have a good chance at beating one another and we have a carousel similar to Conor, Dustin, Justin, & Olives. All can beat each other on any given night.

Islam could possibly be just a notch better than them all like Khabib and would probably be undeniable as the best at 55

Turner is 14-7 and struggles to make weight. BSD has all the talent in the world but absolutely no fundamentals and his chin is probably halfway gone already just between the Poirier crucifixion and the absolute Mollywhopping Elizeu Dos Santos put on him. Gamrot is solid for sure, Arman will be in the top 5 for a while, Fiziev I don't know....He's pretty gifted athletically and of course a very skilled striker but I don't know. Not a lot of rising prospects at 155lbs either, would be cool if they UFC actually picked up Usman Nurmagomedov and Amru Magomedov from Eagles team. Eduard Vartanyan and Shabliy needed to get signed but the UFC turned them down. There's a few good prospects out there at LW Adam Masaev, it's basically Ultimate Russian Chanpionship now.

Turner is 14-7 and struggles to make weight. BSD has all the talent in the world but absolutely no fundamentals and his chin is probably halfway gone already just between the Poirier crucifixion and the absolute Mollywhopping Elizeu Dos Santos put on him. Gamrot is solid for sure, Arman will be in the top 5 for a while, Fiziev I don't know....He's pretty gifted athletically and of course a very skilled striker but I don't know. Not a lot of rising prospects at 155lbs either, would be cool if they UFC actually picked up Usman Nurmagomedov and Amru Magomedov from Eagles team. Eduard Vartanyan and Shabliy needed to get signed but the UFC turned them down. There's a few good prospects out there at LW Adam Masaev, it's basically Ultimate Russian Chanpionship now.
Respect your opinion, I just think the guys I listed either will hit their stride and or have yet to reach their full potential. Would have loved to see Eduard Vartanyan in the ufc. I rooted hard for him to make the jump sadly it wasnt meant to be.

Respect your opinion, I just think the guys I listed either will hit their stride and or have yet to reach their full potential. Would have loved to see Eduard Vartanyan in the ufc. I rooted hard for him to make the jump sadly it wasnt meant to be.

He's giving it until June, he flew out to Vegas and talked with the UFC, even was willing to take less pay than what he was making in ACA but they just weren't too interested it sounded like. He said after June he will consider Bellator, PFL, other promotions etc. Similarly Shabliy tried for about a year to sign with the UFC, had a valid visa, trained at ATT and was always having his agent reach out and offering to take short notice fights...they just didn't want him either so he went to Bellator. I don't know if that's "not meant to be" or just a serious fuck you to eastern block guys, generally the UFC wants English and Spanish speaking fighters who have more widespread western appeal and there's way too much elite talent pouring out of Russia and Central Asia so they seriously bottleneck what even comes into the UFC and often sign shitty Russians instead of good ones...makes no sense. They turned down Khuseyn Shaykhaev so now he's fighting in LFA in hopes for a contender series spot...absolutely wild.

Always, BSD is too easy to hit and has gotten his shit rocked massively bad twice now, I don't trust his confidence, chin or lack of fundamentals. Jalin isn't the truth, he's the big man with talent that will get broken a lot over his career. The fact that he's ranked is sorta silly. 14-7.

Last edited:
He's giving it until June, he flew out to Vegas and talked with the UFC, even was willing to take less pay than what he was making in ACA but they just weren't too interested it sounded like. He said after June he will consider Bellator, PFL, other promotions etc. Similarly Shabliy tried for about a year to sign with the UFC, had a valid visa, trained at ATT and was always having his agent reach out and offering to take short notice fights...they just didn't want him either so he went to Bellator. I don't know if that's "not meant to be" or just a serious fuck you to eastern block guys, generally the UFC wants English and Spanish speaking fighters who have more widespread western appeal and there's way too much elite talent pouring out of Russia and Central Europe so they seriously bottleneck what even comes into the UFC and often sign shitty Russians instead of good ones...makes no sense. They turned down Khuseyn Shaykhaev so now he's fighting in LFA in hopes for a contender series spot...absolutely wild.

Always, BSD is too easy to hit and has gotten his shit rocked massively bad twice now, I don't trust his confidence, chin or lack of fundamentals. Jalin isn't the truth, he's the big man with talent that will get broken a lot over his career. The fact that he's ranked is sorta silly. 14-7.
We shall see man....

Being honest I dont know shit about russians and their contracts or negotiation tactics so I cant say Im privy to any of that info. Just a fan of Eduard

Not sure he will surpass Charles do Bronx, to begin with lol.. don't look past him..

I def. can see Arman winning and it will be a tough fight for Bronx, but you guys never learn about Do Bronx...

BUT, there will come a day where Bronx will simply decline..it might be this fight, who knows...going to be 35 this year.. could be a turning point at any given time due to his mileage in the game

Back