Do you tip hotel housekeepers?

Yea, it's often a thankless job. They get a tip from us.

September this year we stayed for 2 weeks and left her about 35 Euros or $37. Helped that she wasn't hideous.

I don't unless my wife is with me, she usually insists.

But if I travel alone it's usually for work and my company pays for everything, but I can't pay cash for anything and I don't think I can tip them on a credit card.

A lot of housekeepers are foreign workers that get taken advantage of by the hotel chains because the local people know their rights and get their hours cut back until they quit. Holiday Inn is good at it .

If I'm staying solo and only staying a night or two I won't because I leave the do not disturb sign up and they don't do anything until after I leave.

Long term or more linen turnover due to someone else in the room and its 5-10 every few days

Baggage boys, yes.

most the other workers no, unless I call for something to be done in my room, as in fix something.

I stay at a hotel for work 6 or 7 nights in a row every other week, and I tip a $20 bill at the end of my stretch because it is a thankless job in a small town Mom and Pop hotel. All the workers are nice and they make sure I have a room available whenever I call to book.

I keep my room clean, but I see the other patrons going through the are and I imagine some of those folks leave a quite a mess for the housekeepers.

I’ll be honest, I never tip, anywhere, I think it’s different here in the UK in terms of tipping cause I never know when to tip. Plus they are doing their job, I don’t get tipped for doing my job so I don’t understand it

Back