Do you visit the cemetery?

Only time I really visit a cemetery is when I'm attending a funeral.

Rarely. All my departed ancestors had the good sense to choose cremation and 'unknown', as i will too when it's my time to go. But i do visit graves of writers and poets i admire, when i travel to the countries where they are buried - to pay my respect and get a feel for the totality of their lives.

an entry level burial is 10k i make sure at least once a year the grave is well maintained

Not nearly enough. Dad died in ’94 and I’ve only been there a handful of times. A large reason why is all the fuckng ladies that think the cemetary is a good place to do their pretend excercise, aka walking. Visiting the grave of a loved one is an emotional thing to do, and the endless string of ladies walking by while getting their daily gossip pisses me off.

I haven’t been to a headstone of a loved one since I was a kid. Funeral is enough for me.

I do volunteer as help with the Memorial Day stuff at the local vet cem though.

That's actually really cool. Was it hard to get the permit. Must also be a cheap alternative.

I think they’re typically referred to as “green burials”. I actually don’t think you need a permit or anything, I have money set aside in case it’s a problem by the time I die.

I think they’re typically referred to as “green burials”. I actually don’t think you need a permit or anything, I have money set aside in case it’s a problem by the time I die.

Well, I imagine burying bodies on and in public grounds can cause questionable appearances and certain predicaments if authorities haven't been made aware. But obviously, it also depends on where you live.

Last edited:
Never. I feel like doing so youre reflecting too much on the past and not enough on the future. A person is dead and they're not coming back. Gravestones are just rocks nothing more.

For me, I find that living a good life is the best way to honor dead loved ones.

Well, I imagine burying bodies on and in public grounds can cause questionable appearances and certain predicaments if authorities haven't been made aware.
Well, I imagine burying bodies on and in public grounds can cause questionable appearances and certain predicaments if authorities haven't been made aware. But obviously, it also depends on where you live.

They have special green burial cemeteries. Hopefully when I die 40+ years from now, I’ll have my own swath of land.

Sometimes.
When I'm angry....

giphy.gif

What movie is that from.

Cemeteries, about like every 4 years.

Our family plot is like 2 hours drive from my place and I am to lazy for that.

Never. My family is buried in Nova Scotia and I'm in British Columbia. Though regardless of distance I'd still never go. I just don't see the point of it.

I love visiting cemeteries to contemplate my own death. But recently I only do it like once every 4 years since the other Cemeteries near me are full of vagrants.

If so, how often?

I go visit my mom's grave every 3 weeks or so.

I book a lot of travel for motherfuckers to go to cemeteries, but never go there myself. Weird!

Cemeteries, about like every 4 years.

Our family plot is like 2 hours drive from my place and I am to lazy for that.

During the Summer Olympics?

I like looking around in a cemetery. Especially at the older sections. I found an interesting one where the husband/father and 5 children died within 2 weeks in 1918 and the wife/mother in 1979. I suspect the flu epidemic in 1918. There were a lot of people, especially children of various ages that died in 1918.

One of the monuments on my great grandparents grave was tilted so we need to get it straightened. I don't know what's going to happen to all of the old cemeteries when these rural churches close.

I'm surprised nobody said yet that they go shopping for new suits and jewelry at the cemetary.
<Dany07>

My mom cheaped out and got a grave way out in the burbs, so no. If she wanted me to go she would have gotten something more central.

Went to see my grandma the last time I visited my spawning grounds. I wasn't around for her burial so wanted to say my farewells. The only meaning behind it was to pay my respects. Other than that I'm not much for that tradition despite being a sentimental fella.

Both my parents are in the ground and I've been maybe once, it's just not my thing really.

Back