Does Anyone Care/will watch Metamoris?

fittycentguard

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Other than Ralek's IG and various random posts here and there, have they even sold a ticket to this thing? Its tomorrow and I'm not even sure it is still going to happen. Anyone with the inside scoop (please no "Ralek sucks! Pay everyone first!," .etc -- we all know that). Anyone?

Other than Ralek's IG and various random posts here and there, have they even sold a ticket to this thing? Its tomorrow and I'm not even sure it is still going to happen. Anyone with the inside scoop (please no "Ralek sucks! Pay everyone first!," .etc -- we all know that). Anyone?

I’d love to watch it but I’m weary about them holding onto my credit card information. And I ain’t about to read a bunch of fine print that says “You have subscribed to all future events unless cancelled 30 days in advance in writing.”

I watched the first Metamoris online but never again after the second and especially after the money issues and poor business practices.

* the first Metamoris was awesome except for Ryron’s match. I still considered it worth the money then. After the matches weren’t as good. Gotta have Kron, Roger, Caio etc

I mean, all I see are the countdown screens from Ralek.. but is this really still happening? Have they changed the venue to someone's living room now? I just haven't heard anyone talk much about this event.. looks cool especially with Gordan Ryan in it..

I mean, all I see are the countdown screens from Ralek.. but is this really still happening? Have they changed the venue to someone's living room now? I just haven't heard anyone talk much about this event.. looks cool especially with Gordan Ryan in it..

It's ONLY Gordan Ryan and Ralek ain't it?

I'd probably get it if they had 4-5 more solid matches with guys still in their competitive prime.

I’d love to watch it but I’m weary about them holding onto my credit card information. And I ain’t about to read a bunch of fine print that says “You have subscribed to all future events unless cancelled 30 days in advance in writing.”

I watched the first Metamoris online but never again after the second and especially after the money issues and poor business practices.

* the first Metamoris was awesome except for Ryron’s match. I still considered it worth the money then. After the matches weren’t as good. Gotta have Kron, Roger, Caio etc

The first three or four Metamoris events were all great in my opinion, and the Eddie vs. Royler rematch will surely go down in history as a watershed moment for our sport. That being said, when I saw this video I knew Metamoris was doomed to failure:

I can only imagine how much that cost to film. TV-quality production. Looks like paid extras instead of real jj students. Keenan is showing a technique he's not even known for. Glover is just the helper?

Last edited:
The first three or four Metamoris events were all great in my opinion, and the Eddie vs. Royler rematch will surely go down in history as a watershed moment for our sport. That being said, when I saw this video I knew Metamoris was doomed to failure:

I can only imagine how much that cost to film. TV-quality production. Looks like paid extras instead of real jj students. Keenan is showing a technique he's not even known for. Glover is just the helper?

I didn’t enjoy the Royler and Eddie rematch simply because that money went to an organization or entity that refused to admit when they’ve been bested.

Even though they both agreed to sub only, being defensive and fighting off a truly dangerous sub attempt is a loss IMO. Had Royler admitted Eddie got the better of him, I wouldn’t be so pissed.

What does that have to do with Metamoris? Well, brother, uncle or not, it’s all Gracie Academy propaganda, which is often based on false premises, like Helio being the weakest brother who couldn’t run ten steps without feinting.

That said, I prefer the EBI rules more.

* I felt it was the beginning of the end when they had some sort of round-robin bracketing thing going with a bunch of names I never heard of.

Last edited:
Anyone that would willingly give money to ralek at this point deserves to be robbed.

Anyone that agrees to fight in his promotion, deserves to get stiffed.

Fool me once and all that.

I usually only watch EBI and now also CJJ (other than the big events like ADCC)

Honestly you only have so much attention and I don't have room for Metamoris anymore save for just watching a gif or reading highlights of a decent fight on it's card.

Also Ralek ran it SO poorly. It's all but dead at this point.

I didn’t enjoy the Royler and Eddie rematch simply because that money went to an organization or entity that refused to admit when they’ve been bested.

Even though they both agreed to sub only, being defensive and fighting off a truly dangerous sub attempt is a loss IMO. Had Royler admitted Eddie got the better of him, I wouldn’t be so pissed.

What does that have to do with Metamoris? Well, brother, uncle or not, it’s all Gracie Academy propaganda, which is often based on false premises, like Helio being the weakest brother who couldn’t run ten steps without feinting.

That said, I prefer the EBI rules more.

* I felt it was the beginning of the end when they had some sort of round-robin bracketing thing going with a bunch of names I never heard of.

But this fight gave rise to the "Filter". Without this fight, we would have never learned the secrets of the Helio Filter and would have been meandering the halls of BJJ lost and confused.

I sort of which Gordon will call out ralek's brothers. But since their relationship ship is strained, I don't think it will happen.

Not a single chance in hell im giving my credit card number to that dude.

He deserves all the shit he has gotten for straight up stealing from people.

I’ll watch it.

I think there are 3 other fights on the card, but no other big names.

I wonder if they are all no time limit or just Raleks fight.

I’ll watch it.

I think there are 3 other fights on the card, but no other big names.

I wonder if they are all no time limit or just Raleks fight.

Yeah, I’d actually want to see this match cuz I think Ralek like his brothers have good skill, but if it’s only those two names and nobody else of significance, no dice. They’re charging a lot for basically one intriguing match.

yeah, I really want to see the Gordon fight especially since it is no time limit so there are no excuses. Tonnon destroyed Ralek though so I just can't see how Ralek will survive, but that is what makes it an interesting fight... will Ralek be able to survive.. $20 though..

About 300 viewers right now. No audio so far. Hope they fix this.

<20 min in and already to the main event. These no time limit matches aren't lasting as long as I thought they would.

Back