Does anyone earn passive income from something?

There's this app called Sweatcoin . . . I've thought about installing it just to see how long it would take to earn something worthwhile.

I have an app like that "S'mores". Basically, it accumulates $0.10 a day, you can earn more each time you do a survey or something. It seems like nothing, but keep in mind it adds up. I'll be buying a ticket for a movie then redeem a gift card, it comes in handy.

I have an app like that "S'mores". Basically, it accumulates $0.10 a day, you can earn more each time you do a survey or something. It seems like nothing, but keep in mind it adds up. I'll be buying a ticket for a movie then redeem a gift card, it comes in handy.

I've had a few of those installed in the past, but never really participated consistently to do anything with the meager earnings.

I co-own a business. I technically don't do anything for my cut. Plus it generates work for my actual job as a lawyer. So, it's passive income and a passive referral source!

Absolutely, it generates money while you're sitting on the couch.

Then I get about 200 per month through those. Not too much, but decent.

My brother has just purchased and renovated two condos that he is now putting on the market to rent. That should be getting him about an extra 4k/month... Not including property taxes and other random expenses. Needless to say, I am a bit jealous.

I was in the planning process of opening a liquor store myself. Not to work there, just own and let someone else manage. I am now considering getting 2-3 condos instead, which is about the same cost of liquor store license, inventory, and location to rent.

Renting condos is less hassle it seems, tho there is a lot of hassle with renting places out of course.

Then I get about 200 per month through those. Not too much, but decent.

My brother has just purchased and renovated two condos that he is now putting on the market to rent. That should be getting him about an extra 4k/month... Not including property taxes and other random expenses. Needless to say, I am a bit jealous.

I was in the planning process of opening a liquor store myself. Not to work there, just own and let someone else manage. I am now considering getting 2-3 condos instead, which is about the same cost of liquor store license, inventory, and location to rent.

Renting condos is less hassle it seems, tho there is a lot of hassle with renting places out of course.

$200 for not doing anything is a lot! Your brother is making a lot renting out the condos. Being a landlord however, seems like it can be a hassle if you aren't lucky. Dealing with tenants, evictions, etc.

Property rental. I pay 10% of the rental fee for a property manager to handle the rest.

$200 for not doing anything is a lot! Your brother is making a lot renting out the condos. Being a landlord however, seems like it can be a hassle if you aren't lucky. Dealing with tenants, evictions, etc.

yea, lots of potential hassel. Same thing with a liquor store in a city (homeless people, drunk people, armed robberies, petty theft, etc).

His condos are in a really nice area tho. Not that that will eliminate bad tenants, but it helps. He also is looking into a 3rd party that finds tenants for you, and if they cause problems, there is an insurance policy in place that this company pays for damages, among other things. I had not heard of it before.

yea, lots of potential hassel. Same thing with a liquor store in a city (homeless people, drunk people, armed robberies, petty theft, etc).

His condos are in a really nice area tho. Not that that will eliminate bad tenants, but it helps. He also is looking into a 3rd party that finds tenants for you, and if they cause problems, there is an insurance policy in place that this company pays for damages, among other things. I had not heard of it before.

I never knew of that, thanks for the info as I'm looking to start doing that myself!

Back