Does anyone else use the front leg hook kick?

I throw it sometimes, but usually with my right leg after throwing a right low kick. I use the low kick to switch my stance and throw the hook kick from southpaw.

Admittedly, my control still isn't that great with my left leg, but I'm working on it

Wait so you spin to feint, then you are squared up again, then you spin again and do a back kick high enough that your head is lower than your waist? For like a knockout? Im always willing to try new moves and im yound and fast<Moves>

The kick is probably whatever you can get off, it's just you should expect it to be very short since your first spin hopefully triggers a charge from your opponent. It obviously won't be fully extended. The idea is to get them to run into your kick basically. It sounds crazy but, without having tried it, I think it could legit work.

The kick is probably whatever you can get off, it's just you should expect it to be very short since your first spin hopefully triggers a charge from your opponent. It obviously won't be fully extended. The idea is to get them to run into your kick basically. It sounds crazy but, without having tried it, I think it could legit work.
I'll try that feint for sure but maybe with a punch until im super comfy with it. But when people try to spin back kick me i just kick em in the butt.

I'll try that feint for sure but maybe with a punch until im super comfy with it. But when people try to spin back kick me i just kick em in the butt.

The first spin is as fast as possible so you aren't vulnerable. But ya it wouldn't work if the guy you're fighting just pushes you over with his foot, it would be a counter to people who close the distance on spins. Probably wouldn't work for a lot of reasons, but I want someone to make it work, haha.

The first spin is as fast as possible so you aren't vulnerable. But ya it wouldn't work if the guy you're fighting just pushes you over with his foot, it would be a counter to people who close the distance on spins. Probably wouldn't work for a lot of reasons, but I want someone to make it work, haha.
Yeah there is just something about flashy moves that makes you wanna do em even if there harder haha

Every once ina while

I found this video of a kyokushin fighter who used the hook kick low to his opponents leg around the knee /side of the thigh. Seemed to hurt his opponent significant and distracted him for a knee ko. I never thought of using the kick like that until then

Love the lead hook kick. Especially southpaw vs orthodox.

Ok i see. Could be good as a side kick to the body feint, then go high as his hands go low. That's about it. I have never been hit with that. I jump backwards anytime someone throws a side kick anyway.

Ok i see. Could be good as a side kick to the body feint, then go high as his hands go low. That's about it. I have never been hit with that. I jump backwards anytime someone throws a side kick anyway.
I already said it a couple times on this thread but i like to throw this one low, when someone takes there foot off the ground either to throw a kick or just step forward and hit them on the outside of the leg between the ankle and knee. Its knocks them over.

I throw it in sparring a lot but slowly. It's a warning shot and helps keep/gauge distance. I threw it in my last fight too for the same effect (didn't have the full intent to land it and threw it blind most of the time).

If I'm setting someone up for a head strike, my intent is to knock them out then and there, so I will use a roundhouse, cross, or a hook.

Back