Does anyone find it strange how Conor was willing to fight Frankie but not Khabib and Tony

I think his fights with Diaz were a reality check for him. Conor’s greatest asset is his size advantage. When have we seen him fight an elite fighter that was not smaller than he is? I hope he does fight Tony and Khabib but it sure seems like he is avoiding those two.

For some reason this point gets lost not just on sherdoggers but also mma media . Conors greatest skillset, by far , is his ability to cut weight. A good example of how delusional people have become is when you hear stuff like "Conor went up in weight to fight Alvarez"

Ok...

UFC-205-On-Sale-Press-Conference-Eddie-Alvarez-vs-Conor-McGregor-Faceoff_607403_TwitterPlayerCardImage.jpg

eddie-alvarez-conor-mcgregor-631851.jpg

Sherdog yesterday: McGregor's unwillingness to fight Edgar is proof he was ducking.

Sherdog today: McGregor's willingness to fight Edgar is proof he is ducking.

C'mon if he was serious, he would have announced it long ago. Don't tell me McGregor is shy or is secretive about his intentions.

To me anyway, it’s a different fight than it would have been a few years ago. Still an intriguing matchup, and I’ll never count Frankie out, but he is most likely on the tail end of his career, at least in my opinion. Still wouldn’t mind one last big win for Frankie though. A true class act and genuinely a good guy.

WAR FRANKIE FUCKING EDGAR!!!

giphy.gif

Even though Frankie is a beast he would be severally undersized against Conor McGregor. Does anyone find it strange how he was willing to fight Frankie but not Khabib or Tony ? Does this confirm Conor McGregor fear of fighting Tony or Khabib and defending his title in yall minds ?

The only way Conor is fighting either one of them is if he gets a huge pay day. He knows he's going to lose and he needs some insurance

C'mon if he was serious, he would have announced it long ago. Don't tell me McGregor is shy or is secretive about his intentions.

I made no claims about what I thought McGregor's intentions are. IMO the guy is retired and will likely stay that way.

What I'm pointing out is how ridiculous his critics can be.

Frankie is a former champion and much bigger name, with a ready storyline given their history of potential fights.

More importantly though, there was talks that an interim title might be on the line. Conor could've been fighting for the chance to be a 2x simultaneous champ, beating his very own record of being the only fighter to ever do this. That would've been massively appealing to Conor.

And it was a Vegas card.

You guys just don't get it do you? Conor chases the potentially big fights.

That's why he picked a guy who was out deer hunting on his vacation than the guy who was actively training.

Picked Cabo Nate.

I made no claims about what I thought McGregor's intentions are. IMO the guy is retired and will likely stay that way.

What I'm pointing out is how ridiculous his critics can be.

Sure, and I am one of them admittedly. But I also think his claims of offering to fight Edgar is disingenuous to say the least and an obvious attempt to discredit the ducking claims

Nobody said easy win. Just Conor loves fighting little guys. Losing to Diaz shows he benefits from his size advantage.

He lost to Diaz because he was too busy whiffling pitches, hoping for a single shot KO like what happened against Aldo, instead of fighting like he normally does. Not because of not having a size advantage.

It took most of ya'll a few years to realize what the rest of us noticed, but Conor gets his KOs from combos. He drops guys on the 3rd, 4th, etc shot. It's the repeated stunning, because yes he does hit hard and clean, and then the blow that hits them while they're already stunned that puts them down. He's not generally a one shot KO kinda guy where just drops/KOs someone with one shot. The problem was he fought Diaz like he was one as his head was up his ass due to KOing Aldo in one shot.

When he corrected that mistake and went back to chasing combos instead of one shot KOs, surprise surprise he dropped Diaz 3x and won.

That's why he picked a guy who was out deer hunting on his vacation than the guy who was actively training.

Chad Mendes was higher ranked than Frankie. Try again.

Picked Cabo Nate.

Nate Diaz was the bigger fight. Try again.

Like I said, some of you guys just don't get it. Nothing Conor has done has been illogical.

No, it at all, because Khabib nor Tony pulled out while Max did. Conor also wants Khabib to prove he can make the weight, which he did not even make champ weight last time. Additionally, both father ghters have to be built up more and that is what this coming fight serves as: to get a clear cut #1 challenger to Conor.

Stripped Stripped is just trying to stay relevant for his nut huggers who hang on every word. He's aint fight frankie or Tony Khabib he's proved that already ducking all three at one time or another.

Frankie had a camp he took no camp mendes.
Went running from Khabib with baby excuse
Went running from Ferg acting a fool and getting tossed from 219 and didnt say shit all winter about wanting to unify his former title.

He lost to Diaz because he was too busy whiffling pitches, hoping for a single shot KO like what happened against Aldo, instead of fighting like he normally does. Not because of not having a size advantage.

It took most of ya'll a few years to realize what the rest of us noticed, but Conor gets his KOs from combos. He drops guys on the 3rd, 4th, etc shot. It's the repeated stunning, because yes he does hit hard and clean, and then the blow that hits them while they're already stunned that puts them down. He's not generally a one shot KO kinda guy where just drops/KOs someone with one shot. The problem was he fought Diaz like he was one as his head was up his ass due to KOing Aldo in one shot.

When he corrected that mistake and went back to chasing combos instead of one shot KOs, surprise surprise he dropped Diaz 3x and won.

He would not have been looping bombs if he was fighting a 5-6" guy is the whole point. He loves having a reach advantage and he uses it well.

Bingo! He forgot the reasons why he got where he did and was looking to out do every previous showing (which he did essentially up to Aldo). Its hillarious that people categorize Conor off that one anomalous showing and ignore the corrections he made after the fight. Just looking at the Mendes fight compared with the Eddie fight is night and day, boggles the mind why some people refuse to see it.

Last edited:
Kids today.

I remember when according the Sherdog, McGregor was ducking Frankie like his life depended on it, since Frankie would expose him.

Now he's picking on Frankie, because he's an easy win. Ok.
<PlusJuan>

Like I said, some of you guys just don't get it. Nothing Conor has done has been illogical.

Quotwe+order+them+in+bulkquot+damn+you+gendo+_8853e590c53fd35af7b3443b951abec0.gif

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself

Even though Frankie is a beast he would be severally undersized against Conor McGregor. Does anyone find it strange how he was willing to fight Frankie but not Khabib or Tony ? Does this confirm Conor McGregor fear of fighting Tony or Khabib and defending his title in yall minds ?
He's the most insecure fighter to hold a belt. Once he got to the top he is chicken shit to defend and lose. He talks a lot of shit, but behind it all he's a insecure manlet.

It is because he is the LW champion. He is avoiding the two top guys in his division so he can drop down and fight a contender at FW.

Not strange at all for Conor, he's to scared to lose. It would have been strange for him to pick to fight Khabib or Tony. After Frankie beats him I imagine he will challenge Rose or Mighty Mouse next.

Since moving to the bigger boy hot division most fight fanz left the Aldo rematch and the Frankie ducking behind, now everyone talking #Defend or Vacate Conor wants to go back to jr kindergarten and fight little men again. We/me would like to see him #Defend or Vacate if you vacate you can go and fight FLW for all I care...

Not strange at all Khabib and Tony are both taller than Colin, hence the obvious duck.

Back