Does anyone have a prenuptial agreement?

My point is that you shouldn't be getting married if you want a prenup, you obviously don't have what it takes.

Unless maybe if you are in charge of a familial estate and you are responsible for other family members investment/inheritance. Then it could be reckless to put their futures on the line if you suspect your judgement.

My one friend does this. He makes around 300k/year ER Doc and puts away 3 or 4 $20 gold eagles each month in his dads safe deposit box. He has been doing it for 10 years and has over half a million in gold stashed away.

Bitch's lawyer will sniff that shit out, easily.

Read it again dude, I was saying the polar opposite of what you espoused.

You are sarcastically implying the polar opposite, but I am still waiting for the logic behind your sarcasm.

You sound very young. I have seen a chick I thought was pretty sane, and nice, with a good family, married to my friend for 10 years, before she got diagnosed with Crohn's disease, got hooked on pain pills, and lost her damn mind.

I agree with this.

Relationships ultimately fail. I wouldn’t worry about a prenup 60 years ago, but these days a marriage can be predicted with a flip of a coin.

If a woman has been married more than once a think a prenup is a no brained. A divorce can ruin a man life, if a woman gets divorced she can easily find another man to provide for her along with her ex husbands money, and if not a man the government will take care of her. That’s the woman’s backup plan.

A man needs to have his own backup and a prenup seems like a good backup.

My point is that you shouldn't be getting married if you want a prenup, you obviously don't have what it takes.

Don't listen to this guy.

He would have you paying alimony to your cheating ex-wife, while she is getting boned by the boyfriend who caused her to stray away. She won't marry him though, because if she does, the alimony payments will stop coming in. He is just a f* buddy. Your kids will grow up with their new role model in the home you paid for, while you are left living in a bachelor unit and having to start all over again.

Why did this happen? Because you were so in love that you didn't think you needed a prenup.

Last edited:
Ive heard that a prenup doesnt really mean shit and often the judge will just throw it out....which is both shocking and disgusting to me

Not if you have it reviewed by a lawyer and get the spouse to review it thru a lawyer with plenty of time.

ts,i can save you a lot of money on a prenup. DON'T GET MARRIED!

Didn't have anything when I got married.

I agree with this.

Relationships ultimately fail. I wouldn’t worry about a prenup 60 years ago, but these days a marriage can be predicted with a flip of a coin.

If a woman has been married more than once a think a prenup is a no brained. A divorce can ruin a man life, if a woman gets divorced she can easily find another man to provide for her along with her ex husbands money, and if not a man the government will take care of her. That’s the woman’s backup plan.

A man needs to have his own backup and a prenup seems like a good backup.

This is really only relevant to the fools who settle down with DNBs. It's 2018 and more women are working than ever before. Why a guy would halve his potential income by adding a stay at home wife is beyond me.

My Mom needs to get one for her upcoming 4th marriage (She makes a little over 200k a year, he makes around 50k) but she won't listen. Her last husband took her to the cleaners and she paid his ass alimony for 3 years and paid off all his credit card debt so she wouldn't destroy her credit. It makes me sick just thinking the my Mom's marrying another douche-bag who has two 20 something year old loser sons that are going to bleed her dry.
Pics of your mom?

Yes and my wife had no problem signing it. Whatever I had before the marriage would still be mine if we divorce as well as any inheritances in the future. Anything earned together would be split. I agreed to alimony and child support. I probably wouldn't marry someone who wouldn't sign a prenup. Our lawyer who did our estate plan and prenup said that she's seen couples that have prenups stay together more than couples without.

Yes but it's more of a verbal agreement.
She's agreed that, in case of a divorce, she won't be going after my money and I've agreed that I won't feature in some future episode of Forensic Files.
Lolololol

I understand it if either side has significantly more than the other when getting married...Paul McCartney anyone?

If you're both just average Joes/Jane's I don't really see the point. I understand the reasoning, but if you're that stuck on keeping "what is yours", just live together and don't get married.

My Mom needs to get one for her upcoming 4th marriage (She makes a little over 200k a year, he makes around 50k) but she won't listen. Her last husband took her to the cleaners and she paid his ass alimony for 3 years and paid off all his credit card debt so she wouldn't destroy her credit. It makes me sick just thinking the my Mom's marrying another douche-bag who has two 20 something year old loser sons that are going to bleed her dry.
Lol your mom is dumb and slutty

Yes and my wife had no problem signing it. Whatever I had before the marriage would still be mine if we divorce as well as any inheritances in the future. Anything earned together would be split. I agreed to alimony and child support. I probably wouldn't marry someone who wouldn't sign a prenup. Our lawyer who did our estate plan and prenup said that she's seen couples that have prenups stay together more than couples without.

@Phlog should read this. Once a person understands the process and benefits, it is difficult to oppose it. It should be a requirement prior to getting married, even if both of you don't have anything to lose. I know the courts have it's own way of dissolving the union, but it raises some important questions that should be considered before getting married.

If you’ve never been in a long term relationship that ended you probably wouldn’t understand the reason for a prenup. Life is transient, people and situations are not static. We got a prenup because we are both adults with assets and it’s nice to have something and not need it, than need it and not have it. Funny thing is, the chances are that if a person is willing to sign one, they are probably reasonable enough to not need it if the worse happens. It’s the people that kick up a fuss that do.

@Phlog, do you have a spare tire in your car? I do. I’ve never had a flat in 15years. I still have it though just in case.

Back