Social Does anyone here not own a smartphone?

I keep trying to surf the net but I think my smartphone is retarded...
Nokia-3210.jpg

You need the special attachment, it comes with the ice scraper set.....

If I told you 20 years ago that you'd own a device that tracks your location and monitors you.... And you will pay to have this device..........

I know a couple of people who are paranoid that someone is watching them. They have smartphones. I tried to explain to them that they don't have to be concerned about someone watching them because their phone is tracking every movement and listening to every word. They don't believe it. I tell them to ask their phone a question. One guy says that it only listens after he says Siri. I ask him how the phone knows he said Siri. He squinted his eyes for a few seconds then he realized that it has to be listening all the time.

I don't have a smartphone and I am old. I had one for two years in 2013-2015 when I had Verizon. I don't do well with touchscreens. My touch seems to make them go crazy. I had to use a stylus. My fingers seem to activate a larger portion of the screen. I also have a condition called essential tremor that causes my hand to tremble at times. I didn't use it for anything other than phone calls.

My original cellphone was with Alltel and was a Motorola RazrV3 flip phone and it worked good for 4 years. Then Verizon bought Alltel. Within a year I was having trouble making and receiving calls. I replaced the battery but it didn't help. Verizon suggested replacing the phone so I got a Casio G shock which was supposed to be a rugged phone and of course a new two year contract. About the time that contract was about to run out the phone battery started going dead if it wasn't charged daily, even if no calls were made. I replaced the battery but it was the same thing. Verizon, of course, again suggested a new phone and a smart phone. So I got it and another 2 year contract. After almost two years it's battery time kept getting shorter. I stopped at the Verizon store to get a battery and was told it wasn't replaceable and of course they suggested a new phone and a new contract.

I contacted Consumer Cellular, I got a flip phone for $35 and and a phone plan for under $20/month. I had the same phone for 6 years with no problems until 2022 when 3G phone service was going to end so they sent me a new phone.

After I retired, I'm home so I can use a laptop. I don't see any reason to pay over $100/month for a phone and data plan. Consumer Cellular seems to be switching to smart phones. They only have one old style flip phone offered. I might have to switch to a smart phone again before I die.

Nah, my phone's fuckin' retarded dude. Touched by the digital downs.

Back