Does it bother you when someone touches you without permission?

Yes, and I don't like my personal space being invaded either.

Depends what it is, someone patting you on the shoulder or side is fine, some twat patting your head or cheek generally will get a jab to the throat.

Depends who it is, but generally speaking, I like my space...

Yes, especially if they are doing something that is potentially harmful or borderline bullying type shit.

Don't mind it. If a person is standing or sitting close to me I'd prefer they make some contact it's fucking awkward trying to constantly maintain a 1cm buffer.

Touch or lift??

giphy.gif

I don't like to be touched. Exceptions are very good friends, who don't really touch me anyway, or girl i'm seeing. Other than that, keep your sweaty hands to yourself.

White guys like to do some weird shit sometimes when they drink.
I'd drink with these guys in university, they'd get drunk and start whipping out their dicks...wanting to wrestle shirtless..drawing dicks on people..or putting their bare asses on passed out dudes faces..

I never trusted myself to get drunk with them guys. I was scared I'd wake up to a puckered asshole hovering over my face and I'd instinctively fist it.
<{chips}>

I'm a white guy and this is true. My white guy friends were very bad people to get too drunk with.

I blacked out once and when I woke up found they had dragged me into a bedroom and taken compromising pictures of me with a huge stuffed teddy bear.

I was really, really, really drunk.

related to this, I hate when people crowd in lines

Some will even have the audacity to ask, while they're standing ahole to bellybutton w/ you, why you aren't moving more forward......
uh b/c i'm not a molester that's why

Permission is less of an issue than expectation. If someone grabs me out of the blue, especially if I can't see them, it's going to be a problem. As in a "you might get punched in the face" kind of problem. If it's just someone who's s bit touchy-feely and I know about it, it's not really an issue, even if I find it a little irritating.

I'm offended by it on a primal level if I don't know or don't like the person. Why in the fuck would you think it's appropriate to touch someone you don't know?

{<huh}

At my last job I almost got in a fist fight with a customer over it. Dude came in drunk and put his hand on my shoulder and asked some inane question. I instinctively shrugged his hand off and said don't touch me! The guy got all offended SOMEHOW and acted like he wanted to square up. I just took a step back, got ready to swing, and said don't come near me or fucking touch me again. Can't say I didn't warn you if you do. Can't imagine thinking it's cool to invade the personal space of a complete stranger.

Nah, unless they're shoving me or being aggressive (stranger's hand too close to my neck, poking me). I did get groped by a gay lad in a club once, and I went into a seething rage, made some pretty serious threats against him at the time, but did not get to crack him.

Weirdly enough, I'm a hugger, so I make sure to break down touch barriers pretty quick with people I'm friends with, though only if they're down with that.

i guess im a slut i lo9ve being touched and rubbed and stuff, im like a puppy. ur some defensive untrusting damaged motherfuckers btw, a simple touch can ruin ur whole day, so sad.

I can't fucking stand it and think it's very rude , inconsiderate, and invasive.

I was just reading a thread about people who hate where a lot of people were complaining about being touched in a work or professional setting. Sometimes someone may ask for something and lightly puts a hand on someone's arm. Or someone does that while telling a joke.

Of course, everyone is entitled to bodily autonomy, I personally find it weird how some people freak out when being touched in a non-sexual way. I figure it may be cultural or mannerisms for someone, I usually don't care... I mean, it isn't like you're grabbing my balls or something. Then again, stuff that bothers most people doesn't bother me and vice versa.

I also think a woman touching a guy isn't as much of a threat, so I found it weird how many guys were uncomfortable by it. But I also support gender equality so a man should be able to get as unhappy about it as a woman.

Do you mind? Does your view vary based on gender? (Like is it different if a guy touches you versus a woman?)

Well.........this is where social awareness and emotional intelligence are supposed to kick in. These are things that can not be learned on the internet or cell phone. While plenty of old farts miss the mark on things like this just because they are pervy or douches, it is not surprising that the younger generations fumble with tactile gestures from time to time.

I will give you an example. I recently went out for a beer with a guy from my BJJ class after practice. He is in his early 20's.
We ran into a good friend of mine at the bar and she came up and gave me a big hug. I introduced my friend to her as they had never met............and the knucklehead went straight in for the big hug too LOL. It was crushingly awkward. So fucking cringey. Me and the girl were just looking at each other like WTF is going on????

Now of course some people are more tactile and affectionate than others. There are 3 unwritten rules of thumb when using touch in social and work settings.

1) The preferences of the least tactile person have precedent.
2) There is a subtle escalation of tactile interaction between people.
3) If you are in a foreign country, prepare to adjust and don't jump to take offense.

Back