Does Izzy deserve an immediate rematch or no?

Immediate rematch?

• Total voters
He does deserve the rematch he was winning up until he got finished, but at the same time I don't really want it cause Izzy will likely win unless Alex improves immensely in the time between now and then and Alex being a champ makes MW more interesting now.

He already cleaned out the division, who does he have to fight again to get the rematch in a fight he was winning lmao
Strickland would be an option. Likely agree he'll get an immediate shot but he shouldn't unless he's willing to do a quick turn around say in time to headline the Brazil PPV early next year. Doing a rematch midyear 2023 or later would be ridiculous.

I would say so. He was a long reigning champ and their fight was very competitive.

if Izzy is down for the fight, sure.
I don't think he is.

Had he not gotten finished and lost a close decision, possibly. But if you lose the belt by getting finished then you should have to re-earn the opportunity in my opinion. Too many immediate rematches.

R1 Izzy, but R5 Izzy until TKO? R1 was probably Alex until the last 1-2 punches that landed at the bell.

That fight was incredibly close with only 1 round being decisively dominated by Izzy out of the 5. Both landed good shots, landed takedowns, hit each other hard enough to end the fight. Only one actually finished tho.

deserves? yes

will HE want to ? Im not sure

easier to have someone else grabbing that belt and taking it over from that person

time passes in between and Alex gets older, slower. Anything helps, you know

Does he?

No. 90% of these immediate rematches are bullshit and this is no different
I never want an immediate rematch unless it’s a draw or there’s some very real controversy.

We've seen that fight a few times already,give Alex some exciting fresh blood.

Duh.. Alex didn't even deserve this shot lol. Izzy will get it whenever he wants it

Enough of immediate rematches!!! That was not a robbery.

Geez, a bad fight or Izzy, he got dealt that Indigenous tribal Brazilian voodoo even stronger than his Nigerian voodoo, he got out voodooed lol.

Relative to the other rematch opportunities I've seen made in the UFC, probably yes.

Strickland would be an option. Likely agree he'll get an immediate shot but he shouldn't unless he's willing to do a quick turn around say in time to headline the Brazil PPV early next year. Doing a rematch midyear 2023 or later would be ridiculous.

Strickland after getting KO'd by Pereira like that? Doubt he deserves the no.1 contender fight.

Also we all know Strickland would be severely outclassed by Izzy. The point of having a contender fight is to prove that Izzy is deserving of the title shot, what would beating Strickland prove?

Who else are they going to have a gigantic novice fight half a dozen fights into MMA? Some guy Izzy already beat?

I mean I hate Adesanya as much as the next guy but this is the clearest case for immediate rematch ever. 5 title defenses, he was winning this fight, and it was a controversial stoppage.

Back