Does Jared have a real chance at touching the title now?

If Strickland successfully defends against DDP Jared is the only one left that would make sense for a TS. Do you guys think Cannon could beat Strickland and get the strap if this happens? I think if Jared puts on that heavy pressure style he did with Vettori, he really does have a good chance at beating Strickland as heavy pressure generally beats styles like his. I also think he would have a fair shot with beating DDP if he ends up with the title as well. Your thoughts guys?

Edit: Yeah I know (thanks to some of you reminding me) they fought already but Sean got better since then, but as did Cannon.
About as much chance as I have of touching your mother tonight. In other words, he's basically guaranteed to be champ

Jared is the Belal of 185

He's very old, so if he's gonna do it he needs to do it in like the next 3 fights or it's not happening.

No.

Jared Cannoneer is a scrub (one of the many scrubs) who just get re-shuffled in the deck, without any real possibility of becoming a fighter of consequence.

Jared Cannoneer = Placeholder, Can

That was Strickland not very long ago

If he can get the crystals to align his chakras, then he is in with a shot.

That was Strickland not very long ago

No, CannonIer is a multi-loser, never was Champion.

He failed badly against Izzy.

Strickland (while not my favorite, either) rose to the occasion and obliterated Izzy, something cannoneer didn't even come close to doing.

Sit down. Shut up

No doubt about it. He already beat the champ

Not to be rude but how in the world do you conclude that a champion with no defenses has No One left if he gets to 1 defense?

MIDDLEWEIGHT​

SEAN STRICKLAND

CHAMPION​

STRICKLAND_SEAN_BELTMOCK.png

Sean has wins over Izzy and #10 Jack Hermanson. If he were to beat DDP then wins over 3 of the top 10. Not seeing how that leaves only Jared?
Doesn’t he also have a win over Brendan Allen?

There are fighters that have attained first name only recognizability due to either having a unique name or becoming popular enough. But Jared Cannonier is not one of them.

when I mean no one left, I mean no one left that actually makes sense to fight for a title right now. Izzy is out for now and coming off of a loss. Rob just got finished by DDP, Costa can't even make it to fight night, let alone fight for a title again and Marvin has no business even being near a title fight after his last performance. That just leaves Jared who is 2-1 out of his last 3 who would be the only one that deserves a TS out of everyone in the top 5 atm since everyone else is coming off losses or is inactive.
That's why good matchmaking is important.
Let's pretend Sean beats DDP. Cannonier is a ready made #1 contender for his next fight. After that you have a mix of options like Izzy, Whittaker vs Costa winner (if it actually happens). You could match up Allen, Khamzat, Vettori, Usman (If he stays at MW). One defense doesn't equate to clearing out the division. Just my opinion.

Do we know when Canonier is expected to be ready? Got a feeling they'd like to push Izzy or Khamzat ahead of him but he may get it if Izzy doesn't return soon and Khamzat is still having visa issues.

Not to be rude but how in the world do you conclude that a champion with no defenses has No One left if he gets to 1 defense?

MIDDLEWEIGHT​

SEAN STRICKLAND

CHAMPION​

STRICKLAND_SEAN_BELTMOCK.png

Sean has wins over Izzy and #10 Jack Hermanson. If he were to beat DDP then wins over 3 of the top 10. Not seeing how that leaves only Jared?
I wonder if he means there's not real established number one contender after DDP because that's how I took it. If that's what he means I agree. If you look at the top 10 right now no one is really screaming I'm next no big winning streaks other than Allen but he still needs that signature win to cement himself. The division definitely has some fleshing out to do after this fight

EDIT: Disregard I didn't see his follow on post. But you're right proper match making is going to be really important in the coming 6-8 months for MW to get some guys established

I don't think he has a chance regardless of who's champ, personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back