Does your dog sleep with you in bed, under the covers?

y0da used to sleep under the covers behind my knees. Vader only goes under the covers if he's cold. Normally he sleeps up by the pillows in the middle of the bed.

I have two little half Pomeranian/Chihuahua brothers. One likes to sleep at the foot of the bed, the other feels the need to lay right against my body. Not under the covers though, we live in Hawaii.

I used to think people were a bit funny, treating their dogs like kids and spoiling them. But these dogs have so much love for you, it's hard to not spoil them and treat them like a human almost. So that's why i let them sleep on the bed, so they can sleep comfortably as well.

Don't have a dog but I let my cats sleep on the bed with me. Sure they shed fur but they are clean enough an as long as they don't have fleas I don't have a problem with it. Also my one cat hates being under the sheets. My other one prefers it lol..

I have two little half Pomeranian/Chihuahua brothers. One likes to sleep at the foot of the bed, the other feels the need to lay right against my body. Not under the covers though, we live in Hawaii.

I used to think people were a bit funny, treating their dogs like kids and spoiling them. But these dogs have so much love for you, it's hard to not spoil them and treat them like a human almost. So that's why i let them sleep on the bed, so they can sleep comfortably as well.
Absolutely. their wagging tails and eager faces and wiggly butts get me every time.

Beautiful dog!

Cheers! fyi, my mother pulled thru with flying colors, the woman is amazing. Thanks again for the kind words. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Haha.

Funny thing, I like my dog's smell so much that I don't really notice when he needs a bath, so I just plan on bathing him once a month. He has the softest fur ever and he loves hugs so I smell him plenty, but I guess I'm just used to his smell because other people will say, "Max you stink!" and I'm like, "Damn, I probably smell like him since we're always together. I guess I better give him a bath."

307979_4797921338328_1936908464_n.jpg
Here's my extremely dangerous 4 year old Pitbull Elizabeth and her buddy Andy the Toy Poodle. Ironically, Andy has inflicted some painful bites although we've been able to curb it recently. His bites are worse than a rattlesnake.

Absolutely. their wagging tails and eager faces and wiggly butts get me every time.

For sure. As soon as i finish work, my first thoughts are about getting home and being greeted by them. They act like i've been gone for a year, its 5 minutes of pure joy when i walk through the door.

My cat does. Other than it being a little annoying sometimes, I'm cool with it.

My friend sleeps with his pitbull and it's actually under the covers with him. I'm not suggesting any beastiality at all, but I still find it disgusting. I'm wondering how common it is, do you do it?

Only disgusting if the dogs is filthy and stinky. Mine has slept in bed with ever since she was a puppy. She gets regular baths. I always wash her feet after a long walk when she comes inside.

544402_10200128897677582_1430673821_n.jpg
Here's my Cocker Spaniel Zoey during peanut butter time.

Agree, brah.

Dogs have unconditional love. There's nothing like it.

Lmao @peanut butter time.

My dog loves that as well. He can be asleep and on the other side of the house but as soon as i open that peanut butter jar its like a damn homing beacon. The same goes for apples and tuna. He goes crazy.

I love my dog, we try to take him everywhere we can. I feel bad when we have to go somewhere that he cant go. Because he has to stay by himself.

Mine refuses to sleep most other ways and she sheds like a mother fucker. I let her do what she wants so whatever.

574985_371072436283974_1973694141_n.jpg

She smiles like that when I let her under the covers.

Last edited:
Get well soon homie

And yeah, my cat knows how to work the covers and he is patient. So he'll wait till I or my chick passes out.

Thanks mang. Gotta ways to go, these are fresh wounds.

The American dog obsession freaks me out. People put their infant human children in a separate crib (and often a separate room), but will share a bed with an animal. It's seriously one of the strangest cultural phenomenon's I've ever heard of.

My dog sleeps outside, where dogs have been sleeping for thousands of years without complaint.

The American dog obsession freaks me out. People put their infant human children in a separate crib (and often a separate room), but will share a bed with an animal. It's seriously one of the strangest cultural phenomenon's I've ever heard of.

My dog sleeps outside, where dogs have been sleeping for thousands of years without complaint.
Sharing your bed with an infant could kill it and you're giving the child a sense of independence when they have their own room. You're oversimplifying the bond between a man and their dog as well. Its not just an american thing either.

Back