Dominic Cruz as a commentator

good fighter, awful commentator. At this point I think you guys are just taking the piss and trolling. DC, Bisping, Felder are leagues better.

But I still miss Goldberg. He and Rogan were a god tier combo. Plus, why do they even bother with two fighters in the commentator booth? Too many cooks.
You know Roy Jones jr respects the hands of Travis lutter, Joe.

What I remember is that he starts talking about himself rather than the fight that he's commentating.
I don't really listen to the commentators anymore, though.
If we're at a bar it's usually too loud.
At home we turn on music for people (usually the Wives/GFs) who kinda don't care.

Either way, I just remember him blathering on about stuff that wasn't the fight.

Love his fight breakdowns, though; or anytime he's explaining a technique/strategy/etc...

good fighter, awful commentator. At this point I think you guys are just taking the piss and trolling. DC, Bisping, Felder are leagues better.

But I still miss Goldberg. He and Rogan were a god tier combo. Plus, why do they even bother with two fighters in the commentator booth? Too many cooks.

You sure that's not just nostalgia?

Hes almost happy today, and Im not talking about the guy in the photo, hes always happy.

I love Dominic as a commentator and I’m not ashamed to say it anymore. He doesn’t take any flak from that heffer Cormier or that cyclops Bisping even though he’s just a little fella. Maximum respect for the greatest, least annoying commentator since Jim “bang” Lampley

View attachment 1010128
Big ups to Cruz!
Cruz is solid

But the internet is never satisfied. There's always a reason to hate someone.

DC and rogan gst just as much shit

Always like Cruz and his commentating. I will forever like him for standing up to Bisping.

https://youtube.com/shorts/QAXCukqljXc?si=7Rp3ZjLZRpZ_SQh9

I watched this recently, and honestly didn't like it, because it feels like the UFC is trying to push test pushing Cruz out with young blood.

I also didn't like the propaganda piece for military recruitment. Oh!!! This is so cool! Yeah right...

The funniest is when Cruz is paired with DC because they just can't stop escalating about who knows more about MMA.

You sure that's not just nostalgia?
Well, it is, but let's not pretend like the casual dudebro tunes in to watch UFC for the commentary provided. Some people even watch the events muted. Ergo, Goldberg/Rogan were god tier because they provided unique entertainment where it wasn't even intended or necessary.

I know nostalgia is addictive and blinding, but it's like...they just keep doing such stupid shit. Moving past the Goldberg stuff, why the HELL can't they settle on a tale of the tape theme that doesn't suck? How about the original? What exactly was wrong with it? Or the gladiator intro + face the pain?

must be diversity hires

Well, it is, but let's not pretend like the casual dudebro tunes in to watch UFC for the commentary provided. Some people even watch the events muted. Ergo, Goldberg/Rogan were god tier because they provided unique entertainment where it wasn't even intended or necessary.

I know nostalgia is addictive and blinding, but it's like...they just keep doing such stupid shit. Moving past the Goldberg stuff, why the HELL can't they settle on a tale of the tape theme that doesn't suck? How about the original? What exactly was wrong with it? Or the gladiator intro + face the pain?

must be diversity hires

That's fair enough.

The play by play was ruined for me whenever we watched the Chuck/Wanderlei fight in Spanish on a pirated station at my buddy's house in Juarez.
Whoever they had commentating were calling out the exact names of the judo throws (proper Japanese pronunciation and all) and giving meaningful description to the action that was taking place as opposed to sounding like drunk dudes at the bar a la Rogan, Bisping, etc...

He's fine. But his vendetta against Keith Peterson bothers me every fucking time he makes a reference to it in the fights he's calling.

Just because the other commentators are rubbish, doesn't make him good. Stann was the goat. Sanko isn't bad though.

Back