Doumbe: "Most muscular guys have weak chins"!

Bigger the nose, bigger the chin

Also this Doumbe guy is getting rocked if we cross paths, for ripping off my sherbro Buff’s pillow!

<BWR01><{UberTS}>

I think in MMA at HW especially it is possible to have a lot of sucess with a bullying style as a big guy, its easier to blow though people than say boxing because MMA defence can never be as tight so you have more big guys who have some sucess that way but cannot deal with taking punishment themselves.

In his post fight interview Doumbe said sth along the lines "Souvent les mecs costauds comme ça ont le menton faible", which basically means that most "muscular" guys (strong guys) have weak chins, he's seen it many times before, so he knew it was about to happen early in the fight.

I can think of Todd Duffee, Overeem, Marlon Moraes,...

It does seem that the Mark Hunt kinda chubby types of fighters have the best chins out there, but idk.
Tell yoel romero that

Generally true, but there are always outliers..

73c9h8.jpg
Damn peahead

Look at the list of fighters, both MMA and Boxing, who have the best chins.....a disproportionate amount of fighters with great chins have Mexican descent.

None of the best chins are overly muscular - see Diaz brothers, Nelson, Condit, Gastelum, Pettis, Melendez, Cruz, Hunt, Penn, A. Sllva....
No they are not of Mexican decent.. my God, you sound ridiculous saying that non sense

Poirier doesn't have a "great" chin

It's not bad, but far from great

A better example is Mousasi, who has a small head/narrow jaw and never got KOd despite fighting in 3 weight classes

or Big Nog. he doesn't have a huge head and had an incredible chin. weirdly enough he has a better chin than his own twin brother. also Diaz bros. then there's Bigfoot Silva who hasn't had a great chin even with an enormous head. the only time was when he fought Hunt on TRT.

I find it fascinating that, chin, strength, power, are all so complicated we can't really fit them into a box of what makes one person's better than another's. We can make a bunch of correlations but there's no one rule that applies to everyone.

Poirier doesn't have a "great" chin

It's not bad, but far from great

A better example is Mousasi, who has a small head/narrow jaw and never got KOd despite fighting in 3 weight classes
Its easy having a great chin when its so small that no one can hit it. LMAO that pic is hilarious. I think the smerk on Dustin's face is the icing on the gravy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back