Dr Disrespect Launches AAA Gaming Studio Midnight Society

Didn't this dude cheat on his wife or something too? This isn't surprising, he seems to lack a moral compass.

This has little to nothing to do with that.

Their game is using Unreal Engine. If they release on Steam they'll lose 50% of their revenue from Valves cut and Epic Games engine licensing fee. Now if they release on Epic Games Store they will lose 30%; 25% Epic Games engine licensing fee and 5% from the storefront.

Epic Games is transparent that they want a crypto style marketplace where play to earn games are welcomed onto their storefront. This is Midnight Society leaning into that to gain word of mouth advertising.

Popular modern day influencers in the gaming space are making millions of dollars per year. Many are diversifying their portfolio into other realms of gaming to increase their wealth and influence.

This has little to nothing to do with that.

Their game is using Unreal Engine. If they release on Steam they'll lose 50% of their revenue from Valves cut and Epic Games engine licensing fee. Now if they release on Epic Games Store they will lose 30%; 25% Epic Games engine licensing fee and 5% from the storefront.

Epic Games is transparent that they want a crypto style marketplace where play to earn games are welcomed onto their storefront. This is Midnight Society leaning into that to gain word of mouth advertising.

Popular modern day influencers in the gaming space are making millions of dollars per year. Many are diversifying their portfolio into other realms of gaming to increase their wealth and influence.

My point is that he's always been kind of a scumbag so him wanting to rip off people isn't anything surprising.

My point is that he's always been kind of a scumbag so him wanting to rip off people isn't anything surprising.

Top earners in the game streaming space arent ethical for their revenue is based around entertainment.

Another conman has entered the game development space:

Dr. Disrespect Opens Up ‘DEADROP’ Early Pre-Alpha Access, For $25
I can't say I like this trend. The industry is getting out of control with this, and I would have hoped the Doctor wouldn't participate. It's a bit arrogant, frankly. We went from early access to beta to alpha to now "pre-alpha" paid releases? Let me repeat that: pre-alpha. Like, shit man, if I'm effectively a crowdsourced game tester, maybe you should be paying me, yeah?

{<jordan}

fuck this clown and anyone who pays for this bullshit.

I can't say I like this trend

lolz @ how many argued with me when i said the gaming trends were horrible and cited pre-ordering, p2w, paytobeta, remakes, reboots, lack of difficulty/real gameplay, etc and etc.

here's paytoprealpha.

i miss the glory days of gaming. pretty much everything sucks now.

I can't say I like this trend.
lolz @ how many argued with me when i said the gaming trends were horrible and cited pre-ordering, p2w, paytobeta, remakes, reboots, lack of difficulty/real gameplay, etc and etc.

Slightly different for the path this studio took is a first. 10,000 NFT's they sold to give alpha access and game design voting rights didnt work in generating revenue. Now theyre falling back on the mid 2010's indie studio trend of Early Access.

Triple A studios who release games before theyre ready typically do so to appease investors.

Slightly different for the path this studio took is a first. 10,000 NFT's they sold to give alpha access and game design voting rights didnt work in generating revenue. Now theyre falling back on the mid 2010's indie studio trend of Early Access.

Triple A studios who release games before theyre ready typically do so to appease investors.

oh, right. i mocked NFTs and anyone who believes that scam/sham will make anything better, too.

I can't say I like this trend. The industry is getting out of control with this, and I would have hoped the Doctor wouldn't participate. It's a bit arrogant, frankly. We went from early access to beta to alpha to now "pre-alpha" paid releases? Let me repeat that: pre-alpha. Like, shit man, if I'm effectively a crowdsourced game tester, maybe you should be paying me, yeah?

Can't think of another streamer who's profile was as high as it could possibly be after getting banned from Twitch...... to hitting rock bottom as far as their reputation can possibly go by getting involved in the muck of NFT scams posing as videogames.

He's now the Dillon Dannis of gaming.

You obviously missed the focus of my critique. It's been this erosion of a polished game with a definite release date.

First it was closed betas that were usually only extended by special invitation from the developer with some qualifying pre-requisite (i.e. enrolling in a lottery, special memberships or "insider" access, etc). Then came early access and open betas-- often interchangeable-- that usually didn't cost any money. Then came the idea of selling early access, sort of functioning like a pre-sale, which at least afforded the perk to the gamer that the price was often lower than the official release, and they'd be entitled to ownership. That became early access afforded to those who bought special editions of a game. Then we started seeing access granted during the alpha stage (even if they'd call it "beta"). Now "pre-alpha"? Like, wtf, maybe let it cook a bit longer before involving the consumer.

None of these supplanted predecessors, all are still deployed to some extent, but it's the direction they're heading with this stuff. It reminds me of the GameBomb GOTY award years ago where the award was a special message to the industry, "Stop shipping unfinished games".

You obviously missed the focus of my critique. It's been this erosion of a polished game with a definite release date.

First it was closed betas that were usually only extended by special invitation from the developer with some qualifying pre-requisite (i.e. enrolling in a lottery, special memberships or "insider" access, etc). Then came early access and open betas-- often interchangeable-- that usually didn't cost any money. Then came the idea of selling early access, sort of functioning like a pre-sale, which at least afforded the perk to the gamer that the price was often lower than the official release, and they'd be entitled to ownership. That became early access afforded to those who bought special editions of a game. Then we started seeing access granted during the alpha stage (even if they'd call it "beta"). Now "pre-alpha"? Like, wtf, maybe let it cook a bit longer before involving the consumer.

None of these supplanted predecessors, all are still deployed to some extent, but it's the direction they're heading with this stuff. It reminds me of the GameBomb GOTY award years ago where the award was a special message to the industry, "Stop shipping unfinished games".
Chris Roberts says Hi

Star_Citizen_logo.png

Repost from the playstation thread

This game is looking more and more promising still a long way to release but the movement looks smooth and the gameplay looks engaging,

I think adding the ability to prone would add more depth to the movement and maybe the maps need to be more populated
I think in-game events after every extraction phase for a sense of Crescendo to the last extraction would be a cool idea.

@Valhoven

Have you seen the latest footage I posted? I think the game as it is right now just needs a few tweaks here and there and we got a really solid game on our hands. main thing for me is needs more players in the map and more building of tension working up towards the final extraction.

@Valhoven

Have you seen the latest footage I posted? I think the game as it is right now just needs a few tweaks here and there and we got a really solid game on our hands. main thing for me is needs more players in the map and more building of tension working up towards the final extraction.
I love the audio FX; a good reload always scratches an itch for me. I like it. Agreed it needs some pressure applied – whether that’s toxic air accumulation, vE elements, collapsing/timeout environmentals, whatever.

I used to think no-prone was a problem but Apex also lacks prone by design and it works well so I think it’s a movement mechanic along with dolphin dive that’s only needed if traversal otherwise (like proper agile climb, onto objects and mantling, sprint boosts, ziplining) is limited.

I think the fall DMG is a buzzkill and imprisoning; that’s too Duty for me so I wish it would follow Apex and have none for actionable, John Wick verticality. Reminds me of the older Far Cry games where you’d walk off a large stone or into a shallow ditch and char takes DMG or even dies.

What does he do at the computer terminals?

I love the audio FX; a good reload always scratches an itch for me. I like it. Agreed it needs some pressure applied – whether that’s toxic air accumulation, vE elements, collapsing/timeout environmentals, whatever.

I used to think no-prone was a problem but Apex also lacks prone by design and it works well so I think it’s a movement mechanic along with dolphin dive that’s only needed if traversal otherwise (like proper agile climb, onto objects and mantling, sprint boosts, ziplining) is limited.

I think the fall DMG is a buzzkill and imprisoning; that’s too Duty for me so I wish it would follow Apex and have none for actionable, John Wick verticality. Reminds me of the older Far Cry games where you’d walk off a large stone or into a shallow ditch and char takes DMG or even dies.

What does he do at the computer terminals?

I think about the fall damage you are meant to traverse the map in cool ways, because you can jump from crazy heights and hang on to ledges and ziplines. It makes for a fun viewing experience, especially with the fall damage.

obviously the graphics isn't there yet but you can imagine how it would look like with top graphics and framerate.

About the computer terminals I think they just give you health.

the movement is solid even without the prone, but I just think it adds more depth to the gun fights.

Last edited:
I think about the fall damage you are meant to traverse the map in cool ways, because you can jump from crazy heights and hang on to ledges and ziplines. It makes for a fun viewing experience, especially with the fall damage.

obviously the graphics isn't there yet but you can imagine how it would look like with top graphics and framerate.

About the computer terminals I think they just give you health.

the movement is solid even without the prone, but I just think it adds more depth to the gun fights.

Nice pulls. Thanks. Every clip of latest build has me thinking hipfire is overturned, you too? Have you seen any ordnance in play yet like thermal nades?

Back