Drake

I remember one song on the radio where he ends all his lines with "Boy" like..

Something something something Boy! better something something Boy!

Like he couldn't think of anything else to rap. Doesn't sound like good lyrics to me.

Killa Cam did that like 15 years ago.

Thanks for the thread. Gave his new album a listen, doesn't seem like his music has really changed at all over the years... Still has the same theme and have to be in the same "turn up" state of mind for me to listen. Catchy and I can understand why he's so popular to the ordinary simple minded person, but only does so much for me.

Thanks for the thread. Gave his new album a listen, doesn't seem like his music has really changed at all over the years... Still has the same theme and have to be in the same "turn up" state of mind for me to listen. Catchy and I can understand why he's so popular to the ordinary simple minded person, but only does so much for me.

Oh hey there Einstein

Kendrick is the best out right now, followed by........Lecrae.

Now go cry for me.

Iggy Azalea is on a whole nuther level above anyone mentioned in this thread.

Pretty Sure drake never had it hard. He was on friggen degrassi lmao.

He still has a few decent songs.

In that Nicki Minaj song "only" his verse is pretty good. Then Lil Wayne comes in and mumbles shit. What happened to the guy?
Here we go again with this shit.

You're only good at rhyming words over sounds if you had a rough upbringing.

Kendrick is the best out right now, followed by........Lecrae.

Now go cry for me.

rdlol.gif

Have you heard the song "Worst Behavior"? He seemed insecure and tried to propagate the image that he had it tough. Even in the music video he's trying to communicate that. That's where people try to make fun of Drake is when he's making songs like that or talking about cooking cocaine or whatever and it reeks of trying too hard.

There's nothing wrong with what Drake was doing, when he was making sappy songs or braggadocios songs about how much money he makes or whatever. And people will make fun of him for that. Nothing wrong, its just people will make fun of it. People make fun of Kendrick's nasally voice, etc.

He's currently the most popular commercial rapper right now. Not a particular favorite of mine, but if you like him, cool. I just can't get into his stuff.
GSP, and Jon Jones are the greatest fighters of all time, while, *Gasp, grew up without struggle.

Most seriel killers grew up in upper middle class families, so your point is moot unless, being 'hard' to you means selling drugs and carrying guns.

The idea of gangsta rappers, should have died with gangsta rappers.

How immature could someone be by not appreciating the art over the struggle.

Don't you ever compare him to 50 or Jay again.

Drake raps ( and sings ) all sorts of shapes around Jay-Z now.

Jay hasn't been even decent in over a decade and Drake is more talented than 50 has ever been, but you guessed it, 50 is a criminal, so he gets more praise than he deserves

Get rich was a good album tho

Zack calm down, your stan is showing. FYI i like drake too.

Jay hasn't been even decent in over a decade and Drake is more talented than 50 has ever been, but you guessed it, 50 is a criminal, so he gets more praise than he deserves

I think we gettin tooooo, deeeeeep.

The shitt that you talkin might be toooo true

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

my guess is, if you weren't in diapers at the time, you would have been making the same argument about eminem circa 2000. And Jay is still standing.

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

my guess is, if you weren't in diapers at the time, you would have been making the same argument about eminem circa 2000. And Jay is still standing.

whoa are you throwing minor shade at eminem?? Check yoself brah. Em killed jay on his own song

whoa are you throwing minor shade at eminem?? Check yoself brah. Em killed jay on his own song

No shade at Em. I can still quote his wake-up show free style word for word and I listened to it live.

My point is that every 5 years or so the "hot" rapper comes along and every Jay-hater in the world comes out of the woodwork to claim that he's been dethroned.

5 years later they're gone and Jay is still breaking records.

Drake is weird to me

for some reason I just cant get into his stuff. I dont hate it by any means, but I also don't see what the fuss is about, hell I would have dug that "if your reading this..." album alot more if it was just vocals, the beats were great, everything else just sounded like spoken word, no flow etc

Uhhh...he wasn't a killer or a drug dealer first, so obviously he can't rhyme words as well as real criminals.
That's the only thing that matters in Rap.

It's the only thing that matters...if you're a douche bag. The only rapper who gets a pass is Stitches, bc he'll make you go ghost 10 minutes ago.

Back