Dricus Du Plessis - Best New Heel/Villain in UFC?

I think DDP's gonna get his shit pushed in by Sean. Before that one fight against a hurt Whitaker, DDP looked like shit against the likes of Till out of all people. He better hope he connects flush on Sean, that's all I'm saying.
I wouldn’t take away the Whittaker win from him.

It’s still a very impressive win for him him especially during the grappling exchanges.

Dricus seems incredibly self assured. He only talks shit when people unleash it on him and he usually has a witty reply. His confidence may be off-putting to some but he doesn't seem like a jerk or heel to me. If he is one, it's a multidimensional character unlike the try hard, sophomoric lowbrow heel work that someone like Colby has adopted, which more than likely means he's being himself.

Dricus has looked like the sane level headed adult in this build-up. Strickland has been the one to start every single juvenile exchange: the trash talk, the brawl in the crowd. I don't see how Dricus can be anything other than right in all of this lead up to the PPV. For some weird reason people want to baby Strickland drop any accountability in his actions/words. This is not the behavior of a world champion. DDP is all class. ;)

Sean calls DDP and his coach a ‘f*****’ and what he’s suppose to just cop it and say something nice in return?

DDP is the good guy, he’s calm and collected. Meanwhile Sean is melting down and contradicting himself on what is okay to talk about. He got exposed and is now having a sook about it lmao. I like Sean btw, but this has gotten a bit silly now.

DDP is a true African G

giphy.gif
Streets saying this is DDP kissing his brother??? : r/ufc1,200 × 840
theres only one tru african g in this photo.....
<DCWhoa>

I wouldn’t take away the Whittaker win from him.

It’s still a very impressive win for him him especially during the grappling exchanges.
It was impressive, it's just how unimpressive he looked in every fight prior even though he won all of them. I have to see at the very least one more good performance from DDP before I'm convinced he's that good.

Last edited:
I'm here for it, Dricus putting Sean in his place. Can't talk eeeeeeeeeeendless shit to everyone around you, bring up all kinds of horrible things, and then freak out when the shit talk comes back to you.
Well obviously he can, but that merely shows that he’s either completely lost, or hypocritical (I think he’s lost). Reminds me of Montaigne when he’s saying that it’s easy to defend about any opinion, but harder to actually have one ; in that case it looks like Strickland discovered live on national TV what it’s like when you can’t just pretend that you’re invincible, and then decided to roll with the flow.. with mixed results

Something DDP does triggers Sean. It's not even the abuse stuff. Sean was bugging out during the press conference when DDP implied Sean's win was a fluke. Sean really lost it when DDP turned up the smug accent and the forced laughter.

All the quotes
Dricus seemed perfectly content to go the boilerplate "I respect this guy" route full of bland pre-fight pleasantries until Sean started with his whole schtick. Once he saw that it was going that way he changed directions and he did it quickly
Fair analysis
FWIW, I don’t put much stock in judging a person’s public persons until they start acting like a dick; but I’m a bit of a cynic in that way.
Seemingly he did just enough to get them both to lose it and come off looking worse.
Yup!
and assuming that their reactions were genuine, they really seem to be better at dishing than taking.
He will always be a villain to me because he beat up my boy Bobby Knuckles.

That being said honestly Sean is a bully and seeing him get his comeuppance would be very satisfying.
While I’m a “leave the childhood trauma stuff alone” kinda guy, if the champ is gonna live by the sh-t talking sword
It was impressive, it's just how unimpressive he looked in every fight prior even though he won all of them. I have to see at the very least one more good performance form DDP before I'm convinced he's that good.
Rewatched it a few days ago; and was about at Bobby not mixing in body shots when DDP shelled up.
Thought he missed the opportunity to land a high kick on at least one break, too.

That said, I*wasn’t too surprised at the result since DDP is younger in the sport; and Whitaker has had two major wars with prime Romero before getting starched by Izzy.

Last edited:
Something DDP does triggers Sean. It's not even the abuse stuff. Sean was bugging out during the press conference when DDP implied Sean's win was a fluke. Sean really lost it when DDP turned up the smug accent and the forced laughter.
They both trigger each other equally, DDP is just better at masking it.

Strickland forced DDP into low blow insults after bringing up his fake injury and weird relationship with his coach, and this was after DDPs rant towards Adesanya about behaving like a man and champion, so you know he regrets stooping to that level

the problem with sean is that he's used to critiquing obvious nutcases like izzy or rose, so when somebody who's relatively normal and confident/easy going like DDP comes in and takes a dig he can't just throw the easiest layup and starts stumbling over his words and doubling down in awkward ways.

it was just like when izzy was grasping at straws talking about bobby knuckles. he ended up looking like a spaz because there was absoluely nothing about the generally agreeable man he could hold onto or weaponize.

DPP won the trashtalking fairly easy.

Rewatched his fight with Whitaker, he lands nothing significant the first 2-3 minutes.
1 hard southpaw jab later on and then gets a weird takedown.
Yes he has good top control, via being massive.

2nd round he lands nothing for another minute, then his hard southpaw jab again and wins

His striking lonks wonky, his technique is bad, very open for leg kicks. He is still the guy that got outstruck by 1:5 Darren Till.

If Strickland keeps it standing, he will outclass him.

I think DDP's gonna get his shit pushed in by Sean. Before that one fight against a hurt Whitaker, DDP looked like shit against the likes of Till out of all people. He better hope he connects flush on Sean, that's all I'm saying.
Yeah, gassing out after a borderline 10-7 round on his opponent made him look terrible. Did you know “Paid in full” is very cringe and not remotely cool thing to say?

drikkkus is a fast learner. i think he’s realized that the game isn’t so much about being “heel” or “face,” it’s simply about making people care, so that they pay attention. and it looks like people are bought into this beef. imo he’s more of a natural babyface though.

Sean is like this one priggish chick we all know who thinks she is entitled to tell everybody what she thinks (even though absolutely nobody asked her for her opinion) while she herself takes any kind of criticism towards her as personal attack.

He's also handsome, so that helps o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back