Dricus Du Plessis fires back at Israel Adesanya

Which fight should happen:

1. Alex
2. Jan
3. Chimaev
4. Dricus

Izzy gonna duck 3 guys to fight Dricus?

He’ll even Whittaker should probably get the fight over Dricus.
1. He just fought Alex 2x in a row.
2. Jan's in the wrong division.
3. Chimaev needs to beat an actual ranked middleweight if he wants to fight Israel. His last win at middleweight was in 2020 against Gerald Meerschaert.

#6 Dricus is 5-0 in the UFC and Izzy already holds wins over everyone in the top 5. If Izzy can fast-track Alex to a title shot, why can't he fast-track Dricus?

Idk why he brings up training out of africa like there is a choice for most people there, he is an white south african he will have infinitely better opportunities and facilities to train out of than if Francis stayed in Cameroon and tried to pursue his career there.

But I am sure people gonna eat it up.
thank you !!!

I would like DDP to fight Marvin. DDP has the power advantage, Marvin has the cardio.

Do you guys think that Israel will fight this guy next? :)

Idk. He’s at number 6. And probably the most deserving of all the people ranked higher than him (Alex should get the trilogy fight next. But he needs to move up so whatever). Dricus has got 5 UFC wins in a row. Nobody in those top 7 have a win streak that long.

I actually think those guys all lost their last fight, or the one before that.

So yeah.. Probably Dricus next. Because Izzy doesn’t want Alex, or Borz.

As funny as this whole "No I'm the real African!" stuff is, it would be way more interesting if DDP actually stood a chance

I like the confidence but Izzy will humiliate him during and then immediately after the fight. He's that kind of guy. Don't let the cringe fool you - he is probably the cruelest, most vindictive guy on the roster and he also happens to have the complementary skills.

1. He just fought Alex 2x in a row.
2. Jan's in the wrong division.
3. Chimaev needs to beat an actual ranked middleweight if he wants to fight Israel. His last win at middleweight was in 2020 against Gerald Meerschaert.

#6 Dricus is 5-0 in the UFC and Izzy already holds wins over everyone in the top 5. If Izzy can fast-track Alex to a title shot, why can't he fast-track Dricus?

1. He’s 1-1 with Alex.
2. Jan already said he’s willing to cut to 185 lbs. Jan has a win over Izzy.
3. If Izzy can fast-track Alex to a title shot, why can’t he fast-track Chimaev?

But it does beg to ask, why didn't Israel take the UFC to Nigeria?
It is not a matter of facilities, Akwa Intl stadium can host 30k
Leon took the UFC to London, he called for it, so maybe DDP has a point
csm_julius_berger_international_referenz_akwa_ibom_stadium_02_73a82a2365.jpg

The only reason I'm talking about him is because the crowd that cheers for Kid Rock is lubing themselves up over his nonsense shtick.
Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't mind seeing Izzy drag the carcass of Dricus through South Africa.

But it does beg to ask, why didn't Israel take the UFC to Nigeria?
It is not a matter of facilities, Akwa Intl stadium can host 30k
Leon took the UFC to London, he called for it, so maybe DDP has a point
csm_julius_berger_international_referenz_akwa_ibom_stadium_02_73a82a2365.jpg

do they frequently host big events? will the UFC come out in + money on the gate? can the people there afford tickets? will the fighters be accommodated properly in the week or two prior to the event? id imagine there is a lot of logistical, safety, and financial issues which is why UFC hasnt bothered going to Africa yet

not trying to be ignorant, legitimately dont know how the local economy is there

1. He’s 1-1 with Alex.
2. Jan already said he’s willing to cut to 185 lbs. Jan has a win over Izzy.
3. If Izzy can fast-track Alex to a title shot, why can’t he fast-track Chimaev?
1. If they make the trilogy I would obviously watch, but Alex was not a dominant champ and he just got flatlined in the second round. If he's not moving up to 205 I'd like to see him fight one of the grapplers he got to avoid the first time around (Vettori or Whittaker).

2. I'm skeptical that Jan can actually make 185. If he can, maybe he should beat a contender at 185 first but then sure, I'd be down with Jan vs. Izzy at 185.

3. Come on now, Alex at least beat Sean Strickland. Khamzat should go out and beat literally any ranked middleweight and then he can have a shot. He could beat Kelvin Gastelum for all I care.

Never thought Africa pride would be the faux line in the sand in a ufc twitter beef

Back