Dricus du Plessis stands by comment about "exceptionally shit" South African government

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mixed martial arts star Du Plessis became the first South African to win a UFC title when he claimed victory over US star Sean Strickland at the Scotiabank Arena in Canada on Sunday.

In an interview, Du Plessis was asked about the South African government and responded by saying, “it is far ahead in being the worst government in the world” and “nobody can truly compete with them.
We are exceptionally shit at being a government”.

On his arrival home on Thursday, where he was welcomed by scores of fans at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, Du Plessis then said he stood by his comments.

“I stand by what I said. I’m not a politician and that’s why I haven’t gone in a political direction. I’m a sports person. There are few people who will argue with me or who can argue with me if you go on facts.
They are negative things, but we as South Africans don’t let negative things get us down and that’s why we do this well. They can try as hard as they want with negative things. They can try as hard as they
like to get under our skin, but they won’t get it right.”

Source: https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/2...nts-that-sa-government-is-worst-in-the-world/

Despite all of this, the South African government took their time to congratulate Dricus via their news agency for "winning UFC":

I'm sure Saudi Arabia among others would like DDP to hold their beer.

There are probably dozens of governments s--itt-er than SA’s.
There is a conspiracy that the SA gov tried secretly building a nuke in the late 80s :rolleyes:

And that they smuggled material onboard passenger jets, which lead to a fatal accident with flight 295 o_O

South Africa was once the economic powerhouse of the continent. Now its people deal with power blackouts on a daily basis for hours at a time, because the government misused the millions and millions of dollars that were appropriated for upgrading the country's power infrastructure. It's absolutely an incredibly corrupt and broken regime that currently rules in SA.

Yo, Drama Nina fam hold up on catching that #SexualDeviancy TTC train eh,,,,,Word is once you hit up mandem Africa you're not riding back to the 6ixdog the same just a heads up before you tap that PRESTO, fam 🚂🌍🔙

Dricus is mostly right. Current SA makes Brazil look civilized.

Canada’s is the WORST thought for realz!!!!1 Communist Trudeau haz to go! Amirite?!
Trudeau isn’t a communist that’s his dad Fidel. All jokes aside he’s one of the worst western heads of state of all time and that’s really saying something. He’s completely useless. Judging by your sarcastic response you’re a big fan. Name 3 good things he’s done

His parents probably tell him stories of the glorious apartheid era government.

In a race to the bottom, of all the openly corrupt and complete and utter shit governments, South Africa's government has certainly earned a place in the discussion.

Competition is stiff, and I will freely admit politics annoy me and I am not well versed on SA politics, but I do know that they have had rampant racism to a degree that is frequently extremely violent and that the government has done little to make it better and seemingly perhaps given an unofficial look the other way leaving their citizens to deal with hell on earth nightmare situations.

Back