Media Dricus: I think Jiri should go down to MW. I saw his weight in the PI and he walks around lighter than I do

Just a thought, but it might have something to do with not being diminished and cutting all the weight making 170. Burns is a decent sized WW, and Khamzat chose not to use wresting.

Would love to see him fight Jiri.
I don't know about Khamzat boxing because he wanted to. I think he didn't want to meet Gilbert on the ground.

Jiri is a big dude... makes me wonder just how fucking heavy Dricus actually is and how much he cuts?
Or Dricus is simply not telling the truth, which is where my money is at

You can tell just by watching Jiri that he’s strong against LHWs, when guys attempt to take him down he just tenses up and it partially manages to work for him.

Or Dricus is simply not telling the truth, which is where my money is at
Idk why you would think that he is lying amidst a lowkey friendly discussion without any incentive to do so whatsoever.

On the main page there's an article that quotes that Jiri's usual cut to LHW lies within 10-12 pounds.
So his walkaround would be 215-217 lbs.
The bigger MWs like Costa and Vettori have been documented to weigh between 210-215 on fight night. And they most certainly aren't able to regain the whole weight cut in what is 36 hours at max.

Not unthinkable that Dricus walks around heavier than 217lbs when he's not in fight camp. Costa and Vettori almost certainly do.
Not unthinkable that Jiri would be able to cut to MW, since Costa and Vettori are able to do so and almost certainly walk around heavier than him.

Just a thought, but it might have something to do with not being diminished and cutting all the weight making 170. Burns is a decent sized WW, and Khamzat chose not to use wresting.

Lol Khamzat did use his wrestling at the beginning of the fight. It's tough to pull it off when the opponent is a multiple time world BJJ champion. Khamzat decided to nope the fuck out the moment Gilbert offered a ton of resistance.

Jiri probably walks around lean and stays in shape. He's never shown to be controllable in grappling situations, he handles himself just fine. There's 0 need to drop a weight class when you're doing just fine in the one you're in. Not everybody has to drain 20+ pounds, it's refreshing to see people fighting near their real weight rather than killing themselves for an advantage that might not even exist.

Does nobody else see this as a BIG problem with this in mma?

He only walks around at 220lbs... he should be a middleweight???

I know this is what the game has become but its getting bad.
It's messed up. Doesn't feel that long ago that 220lbs was considered a typical HW in boxing. Now people think that you should be a fucking MW if that's your walking around weight. Yeah, maybe if you're fat, but if you're lean at that weight 205lbs is the lowest weight you should be.

i'm ready for Izzy vs Jiri.

A white and black man. Both raised in the western world. but identify as a samurai and anime character.

we might see the first hadouken in an MMA fight.

Weight cutting is so fucking retarded, this dude goes through hell just so he can out muscle his opponents in grappling or to land his punches from farther away.

Yep, now we have guys at BW looking bigger than LWs from 2010, its insane.
Yeah It's really illuminating, It's almost like fighters never got better, Just sports science has progressed.

Look at Edgar in 2010, fighting maynard. They looked two weight classes apart at LW.

Then Edgar moves down to fight the FW champion and is still CLEARLY undersized.

then Moves down AGAIN and STILL gets towered over by chito and sandhagen.

Even at flyweight, I bet Guys like Moreno and Royval could be bigger than him.

Has more to do with the lighter fighter being quicker. They aren't trying to KO each other in sparring so speed has an advantage. Also Jiri has terrible defense. He probably doesn't look great sparring against a lot of guys because he just walks into punches. Jiri would end him in a fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back