Drunk judge gets away with dui

They don't need to be held to a higher standard, just the same standard would be fine with me.

Man.... This should be a universal standard for anything in life

What you said was that you could "appreciate his taking the right steps."

I simply disagreed in the classification of what he did, what he did was make one good decision in a night most likely filled with bad ones.

Not driving drunk in the first place would've been the right step.

And I'm not excusing the initial poor decision, hence my statement that he should no longer be a judge (which seems to be ignored from my initial post). What I'm calling the right steps is that once he realized that he was too impaired to drive he stopped driving.

I understand your point so let me ask a question: After recognizing the extent of his impairment, would it have been better for him to keep driving and try to make it home safely or to get off the road until he sobered up?

And not be pedantic but drinking and driving isn't illegal. Driving under the influence or while impaired is illegal or driving with a BAC above limit. Drinking, staying under the BAC and not being impaired (as measured by a variety of different methods) means that you can technically drive. So, a person could conceivably believe that they were not impaired after a drink or two and then realize that they were and adjust their behavior accordingly. And that returns us to my question above.

I saw on most shocking once where cops pulled over a drunk woman superior court judge. She gave them shit and told them they wouldn't have jobs come Monday if they took her in. They ended driving her home and another cop drove her car to her home for her.

Lol id have arrested her anyways. I have this problem when im in a sutuation like that, i just do the opposite and cant help it. It sucks.

The games at trial come from the technology. The "datamaster" and the training required to understand how it works; most cops don't have it. If it's a blood draw, then the process required for safe handling is fairly detailed and often either not completely followed, or remembered. The lawyers who specialize, who are the best, visit the factory where the datamasters are made, and befriend the company. It's pretty interesting. I learned how the gas spectrometry worked in detecting alcohol and all that jazz. I'll have to go over those notes again.

Yeah, but it still should come down to above the limit or under it. Everything else is just reindeer games

Back