Du Plessis vs Izzy reminds me of..

PharoahHeight

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This whole situation reminds me of when RDA pulled out of the Conor fight and missed out on the BIG payday. Never got that kind of opportunity again.

I really feel like DDP messed up big time. Khazmat could easily take his spot if he gets through Costa.

And if Poatan wins the belt, we could see izzy move up.

Bad move my African brotha

Izzy challenged Alex with a much worse injury.

I don't think the fight ever happens

Thoughts??

Dude bet on himself to beat Whittaker and came thru.

He wants to fight in his best form.
I can't blame him.

He is young and dangerous, if he is champ material he will beat who he has to beat.

You don't know what his circumstances are. He could be injured and not fit to fight and make weight.

Everybody was real quick to bitch about TJ taking a title shot injured, now you're gonna bitch about a guy wanting a full camp?
And wanting to be healthy and prepared for the biggest fight of his life?
Fighters can't win with fickle ass fans.

Last edited:
I think Du Plessis is still young enough that he can go on another title run even if Izzy goes to LHW. The payday might not be as big if he fights Khamzat or whoever else for the belt, but then again, if/when he fights Izzy (even if it's not for the belt), it can headline a PPV on its own (like Colby-Masvidal) and he can get his payday that way. For the record, I hate all the drama surrounding Izzy-Du Plessis, and am only interested in the match-up itself.

This whole situation reminds me of when RDA pulled out of the Conor fight and missed out on the BIG payday. Never got that kind of opportunity again.

I really feel like DDP messed up big time. Khazmat could easily take his spot if he gets through Costa.

And if Poatan wins the belt, we could see izzy move up.

Bad move my African brotha

Izzy challenged Alex with a much worse injury.

I don't think the fight ever happens

Thoughts??
I disagree. New Nose DDP who is healthy is a dangerous man. I underestimated him against Whittaker and he proved me wrong. I think he comes into the Izzy fight as a big underdog and rightly so but I see a possible path to victory for him. I'm glad he's putting his health and career first over chasing a fight against Izzy while not at full strenght. It's not only for the belt but for baddest man on the continent. There's a lot riding on the fight.

It's not like he wanted to pull out. He wants to fight Izzy like no one else. Let the man heal up ffs

Are people really this unaware you can't just do camp after camp for fight prep with no recovery time and expect to be anywhere close to your best? Driscus is being smart. Israel and the UFC are trying to rush him into another fight where he won't be his best because he'll be running up against burn out. We don't know what injuries and ailments he carried into the whittaker fight from the prep for rob. You need to let those things repair before you go right back into a dedicated training camp to fight the best of the division. This isn't a Bisping situation where he's aging and likely to never get a crack at it if he dosen't take it now. He'd have less than 2 months to prepare for a title fight and to make another weight cut as a big guy after just going through a full training camp and fight against an elite. Just stupid to expect that fast a turn around.

Except RDA was the reigning champ. He would have got PPV points for the Alvarez fight but he was sacrificed to launch Fight Pass.

Du Plessis is 6-0 with 5 finishes in a transitional division. Title shot is definitely in his future

He definitely deserves the shot. And in a fair world he definitely should have a full camp to be at his absolute best but time waits for no man. Strickland is ready and khazmat may be right behind him.

And we all know Izzy really wants that 205 belt

Time is not on his side to fight Izzy

I think that DDP will probably end up fighting for the vacant MW belt a year from now. Especially if khazmat wins against Costa

Except RDA was the reigning champ. He would have got PPV points for the Alvarez fight but he was sacrificed to launch Fight Pass.

Du Plessis is 6-0 with 5 finishes in a transitional division. Title shot is definitely in his future

but do you think that it'll be against izzy before he moves up to 205? Not saying he won't get a shot, just might not be the big money shot

This is not an injury issue. Its a time and preparation issue.
He would have a 4 week camp by the time his hurt foot is recovered. Plus have to cut weight twice in 8 weeks.
Izzy had 5 months between the first and second poatan fights. It's not comparable at all.

RDA is izzy, dricus is conor, and strickland is Eddie Alvarez, screenshot this for the future

RDA was never the big money fight...

Are you saying Strickland is going to KO Izzy and Dricus is going to be selling millions of PPVs?...

<{fry}>

The beef is also all In izzys head. Ddp doesn't care if its izzy or not. It's the title fight he wants and will get. He just beat the consensus best fighter outside of the champ by stoppage in the second round.
He's next

I dont think he messed up at all, It was never a realistic expectation for someone to fight a top 5 fight and then fight again in 9 weeks

Commercially:

Connor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Izzy.

Lol at Izzy being as big of a draw and besides Du Plessis there is no one left to fight. Not wanting to fight for a title not at 100% doesn't make you a pussy

Back