International Dumbing down academia to soak in struggling ethnic groups

Other countries are going to become the flag bearers of scientific and medical breakthroughs while the US becomes a 3rd world shithole
China has already surpassed America in socially sensitive fields like cloning and eugenics. Likely they will find a way to weaponize this, perhaps with an army of super clones with their genes modified to remove any compassion or weakness as they ruthlessly conquer. Americans though Yao Ming was impressive, wait till they meet his super clones.

I don't know if any of you guys have kids or if you're involved in their educational processes right now but high school, from an academic viewpoint, has advanced quite a bit in terms of STEM education from where it was 20-plus years ago when I graduated. At least it is in western Canada. Calculus, not just the pre-Calc of the 90's, has entered those hallowed halls, along with the rainbow flag crosswalks and gay clubs.

We had Calculus for college credit in 1990 at high school.

Did they drop that for awhile or something?

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize we were in different countries.

Last edited:
Sounds like we should do away with legacy admissions to med school then. Not to mention med school isn't the actual test, it's the boards after and residency. Those are the far harder parts.

They are on the way out. Public schools have just 6% legacy acceptance currently, and some of the more notable Privates have been banning them all-together.

Johns-Hopkins for example, the top med school in the US, banned them completely 4 years ago.

They’re called weeder classes for a reason.

Some people will never grasp the concept of STEM fields. No matter how many classes they take.

Thermodynamics took out almost half the engineering majors in my class

Man those were brutal. Lucky for me the professor that taught thermo, and also fluids, had homework like 40% of your overall grade. She was a young professor, and that was abnormally high.

The second semester of physics for scientists and engineers aka "sparks and magic" was tough.

Calc I,II,II and diff eq was OK once I got the hang of it, but there was one math class that was a killer too.

We had an awful professor teaching data structures and algorithms one year, and that class was a killer too.

The best doctors will still treat the people with the best insurance at the best hospitals. The lower quality DEI docs will treat their own people with less qualified care, and they will be the ones that suffer from it. Smarts are smarts, there are some fields that DEI has no business being in, and saving lives is one of them. Not everyone can be Doctors and Surgeons. If you are qualified, your skin color is irrelevant. This idea that diversity is better for health care is bullshit. Does lack of diversity in the NBA or NFL hurt those sports? There are hardly any Asians. Would forcing Asians into roles on those teams help? No, the best play. If Asians dominate in Med school, they deserve to be the most represented in the medical world.

Man those were brutal. Lucky for me the professor that taught thermo, and also fluids, had homework like 40% of your overall grade. She was a young professor, and that was abnormally high.

The second semester of physics for scientists and engineers aka "sparks and magic" was tough.

Calc I,II,II and diff eq was OK once I got the hang of it, but there was one math class that was a killer too.

We had an awful professor teaching data structures and algorithms one year, and that class was a killer too.

Diff Eq was about the limit my brain could handle... The teacher wasn't great either, which made it tougher.

Glad I was wasn't math major.

I briefly thought about being being a math teacher and coaching wrestling... but the projected salaries knocked me off that path quick.

Thermodynamics was so hard due to the non-linear way gases expand/contract and absorb heat. I wonder how they teach it now? Do students get to use the internet and computers to assist with gas expansion? We were happy to use the lab computers for Word Perfect and Quatro Pro, both Dos based until Windows 95 hit. I graduated in 96, so I barely used Windows in College. Most of the programs were Dos based. Windows was basically a way to access the internet with Netscape.

I had a TI-88 and the steam logs from the back of the text book to figure out Thermo problems. It was such an inexact science compared to other engineering classes. It was so easy to fuck up a problem early in the process and never recover.

I took it right as the internet started to be a thing... 92 or 93 I think. We had internet in the computer labs, but it was nothing like it was now. You couldn't use it as a reference source... Good lord... thinking about it now. I think I mainly used it for my first online gaming experience of Front Page Sports - Football. And it wasn't head to head... You had to create plays and a playbook. Adjust rosters... and the game created an upload file with your team data that I would email to the commissioner. He's then sim the games once a week and email out the play logs. lol... You had to read the logs to see how your plays worked out.

The modders created all kinds of utility programs to help analyze the play logs. So you could see how often a play was called and it's average yardage. Same for defense.

Crazy shit... I think Front Page Sports Football 98 was the first one that tried head to head... but you were just calling plays live and letting the game sim them out. Super buggy... I never tried. Front Page Sports Baseball was super fun back then. If you enjoy OOTP Baseball today, it was pretty similar to that for online leagues.

Fuck me... I went down memory hole.

Diff Eq was about the limit my brain could handle... The teacher wasn't great either, which made it tougher.

Glad I was wasn't math major.

I briefly thought about being being a math teacher and coaching wrestling... but the projected salaries knocked me off that path quick.

Thermodynamics was so hard due to the non-linear way gases expand/contract and absorb heat. I wonder how they teach it now? Do students get to use the internet and computers to assist with gas expansion? We were happy to use the lab computers for Word Perfect and Quatro Pro, both Dos based until Windows 95 hit. I graduated in 96, so I barely used Windows in College. Most of the programs were Dos based. Windows was basically a way to access the internet with Netscape.

I had a TI-88 and the steam logs from the back of the text book to figure out Thermo problems. It was such an inexact science compared to other engineering classes. It was so easy to fuck up a problem early in the process and never recover.

I took it right as the internet started to be a thing... 92 or 93 I think. We had internet in the computer labs, but it was nothing like it was now. You couldn't use it as a reference source... Good lord... thinking about it now. I think I mainly used it for my first online gaming experience of Front Page Sports - Football. And it wasn't head to head... You had to create plays and a playbook. Adjust rosters... and the game created an upload file with your team data that I would email to the commissioner. He's then sim the games once a week and email out the play logs. lol... You had to read the logs to see how your plays worked out.

The modders created all kinds of utility programs to help analyze the play logs. So you could see how often a play was called and it's average yardage. Same for defense.

Crazy shit... I think Front Page Sports Football 98 was the first one that tried head to head... but you were just calling plays live and letting the game sim them out. Super buggy... I never tried. Front Page Sports Baseball was super fun back then. If you enjoy OOTP Baseball today, it was pretty similar to that for online leagues.

Fuck me... I went down memory hole.

I graduated in 2008. For most exams, we were able to use our calculators. I used a TI89-Ti.

We did not get to use computers or the internet in any of our exams.

As part of our tuition everyone was issued a new IBM ThinkPad every year, but we still had a computer lab for certain engineering software. I was the last class that had a mix of drafting, and CAD. After my freshmen year, it was only CAD.

There's a fine balance between test scores and personality for fields like this. I'll note that everyone complaining about "reducing standards" would almost certainly prefer their female family members receive mammograms and gynecology checkups from a female doctor, not a male doctor.

What is a woman?

Back