Movies DUNE (Sequel Officially Greenlit; Opens to $40.1 Million at the U.S. Box Office)

If you have seen DUNE (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: December 21, 2016

Denis Villeneuve in Talks to Direct Legendary's New DUNE Movie

Denis-Villeneuve-Dune-122116a-Dragonlord.jpg

Denis Villeneuve's holiday plans may now include a trip to Arrakis. The Blade Runner 2049 director is in talks to helm the Dune reboot for Legendary. The production company picked up the film and television rights to Frank Herbert's classic science-fiction novel last month.

Dune, which traverses themes of politics, religion and nature, followsPaul Atreides, whose family controls the desert planet Arrakis, which is the only producer of a highly valuable resource, spice melange. When Paul and his family are betrayed, he leads a rebellion to regain control of the desert planet.

Villeneuve has had a busy end to 2016. The Canadian filmmaker's latest effort, the sci-fi feature Arrival, earned two Golden Globe nominations, including one for lead actress Amy Adams for her turn as a linguist put in charge of communicating with a mysterious alien race. Also, earlier this week the first trailer for Villeneuve's next feature, Blade Runner 2049, was released to cheers from the internet.

'Prisoners' and 'Sicario' Director Denis Villeneuve in Talks to Direct 'Dune' Reboot for Legendary

Denis sure is keeping himself busy...

Uhoh, this guy is now going after all things I hold dear. First Blade Runner and now Dune?

dcafef996fcfc9c802af2be2e974ac90.gif

the TV show better be on a quality network. Not shitty SyFy with the 12$ budget

Uhoh, this guy is now going after all things I hold dear. First Blade Runner and now Dune?

dcafef996fcfc9c802af2be2e974ac90.gif

I'm fairly confident it isn't the movie Dune you hold dear.

I never saw Dune. Not sure how that happened...

I only ever saw the movie. Had no idea about tv series.

All I distinctly remember from the Dune miniseries was the awesome shots of the giant worm. :oops:

1273270691398.jpg

You don't remember Charles Xavier running across the desert as he slowly turned into a Shai-Hulud?

70yja9.jpg

Never watched the movie or mini series, I've read the first 4 books though, amazing.

Never watched the movie or mini series, I've read the first 4 books though, amazing.
Dune Messiah was my favorite and I'm surprised how little love it gets.
It is much darker and to the point.

Loved the first book, the rest got worse on a book by book basis.

There's far too much weird shit in the book that would have to be explained for a film to make sense and not enough time to explain it. Would work a lot better as a tv series imo.

Dune Messiah was my favorite and I'm surprised how little love it gets.
It is much darker and to the point.
I liked The God Emperor the most, so I'm like you that I like one that most people didn't.

This will be such a difficult story to portray on film

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back