Media Dustin Jacoby TKO Kennedy Nzechukwu GIFS

I had money on Jacoby. And I am usually a defender of stoppages that other people call early.

But this was an early stoppage.

I'd like it to go on more, looked like a flash knockdown and everyone will put their arms up to cover the punches because you need a few moments to gather yourself and get set again, thats what happens when you take head punches. You really would be "out" if you didn't block the punches with your hands/arms. Refs freak out way too quickly, we must not lose sight this is supposed to be Ultimate Fighting, which gets lost on too many people

Jacoby has really improved since his early days in MMA and GLORY. I can now view him as a very good striker and dangerous LHW instead of comatose.

king_mo.0.jpg

tumblr_na1z2oM3fi1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

Well in, Dustin.

Threadly reminder that the ref doesn't get to watch all of this unfold in slow motion

he has to make a split-second decision

Early stoppage

First post. Got 20 likes.

Lessee: dropped and then 7 unanswered hammers in 4 seconds while KN is doing nothing but covering up.
Ref decides it's over at about hammer #5, sticks his arm in at #6, and KN finally starts to move after #7.

Not many intelligent people are calling that an early stoppage. Possibly none.

First post. Got 20 likes.

Lessee: dropped and then 7 unanswered hammers in 4 seconds while KN is doing nothing but covering up.
Ref decides it's over at about hammer #5, sticks his arm in at #6, and KN finally starts to move after #7.

Not many intelligent people are calling that an early stoppage. Possibly none.

<YeahOKJen>

Back