News Dustin Poirier contemplating retirement after UFC 242 loss

Should Dustin Poirier retire?

• Total voters

bolly32

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Posted on his Instagram about half an hour ago. Obviously still very emotional after the loss,hopefully after some time he realises he's still more than capable of making another run at the title.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/dustinpoirier/

"Thank you guys for the support, it means a lot to me. If I choose to fight again, I'll be back strong. If not, I''ll see what God has in store for me. Thank you."

Dustin-Poirier-2-696x399.png

No need to worry. He's just emotional now. He'll come back

I can understand the emotions, especially after that kind of fight and the wars leading up to it..

However he always brings it and it would be a shame if he never fought again.. everyone can't be undefeated or double champs.. it is what it is..

Must be devastating for a fighter when you trained your ass off and still get owned in the fight..

Dustin will be back. But I think he knows he can never beat Khabib which I think is what bothers him the most..

When you fight Khabib both a belt and your soul are on the line.

Thank the octagon gods Joe Rogaine wasnt there to talk him into retirement.

He should be happy he didn’t take a lot of damage at all and can get in there again ASAP. He’s 30. His time will come again he’s just gotta improve on some things.

He can always be Channing Tatum's stuntman.

Khabib ruins careers.....just ask Conor.

Thank the octagon gods Joe Rogaine wasnt there to talk him into retirement.

By sherdog logic, Dustin losing to Khabib via RNC proves that he's a terrible fighter and should now disappear into obscurity. Seems to have been applied to Conor's career.

The good thing here is that hopefully we can look forward to Tony and Khabib facing off next.

Listening to a bunch of his post-fight interviews, he would seem to have a really self-destructive personality. It clearly meant the world to him, hope he can move past this.

The fight is still fresh in his mind. He shouldn't make this decision on emotion. He should wait a bit before making a decision.

He should have retired before the fight

Thing is Dustin doesn't want to fight for the sake of it like a Cowboy for example, Dustin's goal always was to be Champ but unfortunately for him the man standing in his way was Khabib and he realises as long as Khabib is still there his goal will not be accomplished so then he's either fighting for a paycheck like everyone else or just retires knowing his dream cannot come ttue.

Posted on his Instagram about half an hour ago. Obviously still very emotional after the loss,hopefully after some time he realises he's still more than capable of making another run at the title.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/dustinpoirier/

"Thank you guys for the support, it means a lot to me. If I choose to fight again, I'll be back strong. If not, I''ll see what God has in store for me. Thank you."

Dustin-Poirier-2-696x399.png
Welp Khabib P4P most aggravating fighter to face confirmed. Dustin is at the height of his career and then gets controlled and subbed. "I can't get f***er off of me" pretty much say's it all. First Felder hints at retirement and now Poirier. I think Dustin sticks around longer than Felder he still has a solid 5 years left and plenty of matchups out there for him.

Thing is Dustin doesn't want to fight for the sake of it like a Cowboy for example, Dustin's goal always was to be Champ but unfortunately for him the man standing in his way was Khabib and he realises as long as Khabib is still there his goal will not be accomplished so then he's either fighting for a paycheck like everyone else or just retires knowing his dream cannot come ttue.

Well we all know tony vs khabib will prob fall through last minute and they’ll need replacement. He better be ready.

Habib retired Conor and Dustin back to back

MMA is like this I think,
Dustin felt the gap between him and Khabib and it has to have felt insurmountable

Jesus these khabib fans on this site are being knobs, the dude lost the biggest fight of his life give him some slack

Back