Dustin v Islam is fake news and sherdog fell for it

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This past weekend Dustin Poirier made a Facebook post saying Islam is next. Virtually the entire forum took it as gospel that the fight had been scheduled. I was one of the few to push back on it. There was no announcement from the UFC, there was no statement from Islam, no official news about this at all. This was merely Dustin putting the idea into the ether and hoping it would happen. And it led to multiple days of everyone debating a fake matchup.

Meanwhile Dustin just did a podcast interview admitting he hasn't heard anything from the UFC

Dustin's social media posts are not to be trusted or taken as news. Let's recall that the last social media post he made that blew up was him claiming he wasn't fighting Benoit Saint-Denis.

People were always being retarded. There was literally nothing in Dustin's statement that ever said him and Islam were official.

Dustin wanting Islam next is not the same thing as him actually getting Islam next.

It was always grade 1 level reading comprehension people making that mistake.

Great, Islam's haters may shut the fuck up... Or not. <Fedor23>

People were always being retarded. There was literally nothing in Dustin's statement that ever said him and Islam were official.

Dustin wanting Islam next is not the same thing as him actually getting Islam next.

Yep, I said all the time that I can’t get excited for fantasy matchups.

i hope it is fake news.

It would be number 1 bs if he gets a title shot over charles or justin because he methodically took a fight with an unranked opponent while thsese guys were taking real fights.

The move reeks of ATT bs that we saw with masvidal and colby weasling their way into title fights

Last edited:
I think they're genuinely waiting to see the results of Justin/Max and Oliviera/Arman.
If they can get a quick finish, they might opt to choose that instead. If not they'll use Dustin.

This past weekend Dustin Poirier made a Facebook post saying Islam is next. Virtually the entire forum took it as gospel that the fight had been scheduled. I was one of the few to push back on it. There was no announcement from the UFC, there was no statement from Islam, no official news about this at all. This was merely Dustin putting the idea into the ether and hoping it would happen. And it led to multiple days of everyone debating a fake matchup.

Meanwhile Dustin just did a podcast interview admitting he hasn't heard anything from the UFC

Dustin's social media posts are not to be trusted or taken as news. Let's recall that the last social media post he made that blew up was him claiming he wasn't fighting Benoit Saint-Denis.
people dont read the articles and are too emotionally invested
is Sherdog
is normal

ill have you know i just passed grade 3 reading level so im qualified to participate in making fun of the illiterate (this word means they cant read good)

I think they're genuinely waiting to see the results of Justin/Max and Oliviera/Arman.
If they can get a quick finish, they might opt to choose that instead. If not they'll use Dustin.
Justin already said he'd rather turn around and fight in June than have to fight Islam in Abu Dhabi in the fall.

Last edited:
Justin already said he'll turn around and fight in June rather than have to fight Islam in Abu Dhabi in the fall.
When did he say that? He said preferably in November at MSG. Maybe he did a more recent interview.

If charles gets a win on Saturday he will get the rematch. Hes too popular in Brazil to be skipped over.

I think they will wait for Gaethje and Max to play out first.

See if he (or both) take massive career changing damage, before booking in the Islam fight for June/July.

When did he say that? He said preferably in November at MSG. Maybe he did a more recent interview.
He said both I believe, but kinda moot as he already turned around and just said he's not doing it as it's an arbitrary bullshit date by Islam who's perfectly capable of also fighting in July or August:

Everybody's wising up to Islam's bullshit and calling it out.

He said both I believe, but kinda moot as he already turned around and just said he's not doing it as it's an arbitrary bullshit date by Islam who's perfectly capable of also fighting in July or August:

Islam can't fight in August lmao they're going to Australia, likely headlined by DDP vs Adesanya. Just more blatant hating if anyone really thinks Islam should be bumped down to a co-main event. Not happening.

i hope it is fake news.

It would be number 1 bs if he gets a title shot over charles or justin because he methodically took a fight with an unranked opponent while thsese guys were taking real fights.

The move reeks of ATT bs that we saw with masvidal and colby weasling their way into fights

I agree Poirier shouldn't get a title shot but get the fuck out of here with that talk. Before the fight Saint-Denis was favoured to win and Poirier rightly propped for taking a risky fight with all risk, no reward, and now it was a plan? Did he also plan to get ragdolled for 7 minutes? I fucking can't.

i hope it is fake news.

The move reeks of ATT bs that we saw with masvidal and colby weasling their way into fights
This why guys rank squat. Guys at lw catching heat for years for not fighting below them. Dustin finally does and now that’s being held against him. No wonder they sit around only fight other top ranked guys

This why guys rank squat. Guys at lw catching heat for years for not fighting below them. Dustin finally does and now that’s being held against him. No wonder they sit around only fight other top ranked guys

I don't think it's being held against him, but it didn't earn him a title fight. He got KO'd in his previous fight, there are at least two guys ahead of him in line. He should face Gamrot next.

Im proud that the fighters have wisened up to Islam's bullshit and have not fallen victime to it like all the other fighters.

Back